« Back to General

Threads breaking?

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Threads breaking?
Answer
2/17/12 7:53 AM
Okay this may be one of the few problems still in the process of being fixed, but somehow I've apparently become the author of two threads, but all I did was respond on them: Enchanted Forest and Forum Posts Time.

RE: Threads breaking?
Answer
2/18/12 5:22 AM as a reply to cosmictrombonis.
Hi Cosmic,

We couldn't reproduce the error you describe, therefore we don't know how to fix it. Try to remember what you did and if it happens again - give us a list of actions: I did this/that such/thus.

Thanks,
Hagit

Answer
2/18/12 6:54 AM as a reply to hagitm.
Do those threads have posts above mine? They aren't visible to me and when I view them from the forum, my name shows as the author of them so I'm at the very top. I don't recall doing anything except randomly visiting the recent posts and seeing that for some reason I had become the author of a thread to which I only responded. I decided to mention it after my reply regarding enchanted forest was posted and the post above it disappeared.

Answer
2/18/12 7:51 AM as a reply to cosmictrombonis.
I see what you mean.

"Forum posts time" was originally composed by Jenny. Her post is still there, though you became the main author.

"Enchanted Forest" original post disappeared. The title has "RE:" which means that it is a reply.

Obviously, it is a bug, but we still don't know how to reproduce it.

Answer
2/18/12 10:22 AM as a reply to hagitm.
"Forum posts time" was actually a part of the thread "Users online". I didn't make the new thread, I swear (lol)! 
I assumed some of the moderators 'cut' it away from there, since it's already "big" enough (and it wasn't actually 'in theme'). No?
About the "Enchanted Forest". This is only a guess, but could it be, that the original poster deleted his/her post and now cosmictrombonis is now the (proud emoticon) owner of this one, since he was the next poster in this thread? 

Answer
2/18/12 11:33 AM as a reply to Jenny84.
Jenny84:
"Forum posts time" was actually a part of the thread "Users online". I didn't make the new thread, I swear (lol)! 
I assumed some of the moderators 'cut' it away from there, since it's already "big" enough (and it wasn't actually 'in theme'). No?
Well found, Jenny! When I read cosmo's broken post I knew it was an answer on a comment from me, but I did not remember which post. But it is still there in "Users online". I have not tried to split it up for sure.
You could be right about the other one, if the original poster removed his request, the result would look like this. Does anyone remember who the original poster was?

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.