« Back to Java Problems

Griddlers refreshing

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Griddlers refreshing
Answer
4/9/12 6:08 PM
I recently came across a big problem. when I open a Griddler it keeps refreshing every 10 seconds!! This makes it almost impossible to solve any Griddler, which is really sad because I love this page a lot.
Note, this does not happen on Triddlers, just Griddlers.
Help anyone?
I've tried to update Java but it won't help.

RE: Griddlers refreshing
Answer
4/10/12 11:02 AM as a reply to Beckiss.
Hi,
I'v never seen this error. What is your OS/Browser ? Did you try to use different browser? Are there any messages in your Java log file ?
Rasto

Answer
4/10/12 6:15 PM as a reply to Ra100.
I am using Crome, but I've tried with both Firefox and Opera. Same problem in all of them. 

Answer
4/11/12 12:03 AM as a reply to Beckiss.
Via your profile I see that you have solved more than 2000 griddlers. What happened that all of a sudden the applet started to refresh itself?

Maybe it started to happen after Java released an updated version. What happens if you uninstall the latest update?

I have another suggestion: First, find the brand name of your video card. Then search in Google for the video card name and Java. Maybe it is a known case with a solution.

Answer
4/11/12 9:08 AM as a reply to hagitm.
I am not sure what happened. One day i was solving Griddlers and the next it kept refreshing. I've tried to reinstall Java, both the newest and older ones, but it doesn't help and the older ones makes it imopssible to even show Griddlers.
I don't know what my video card is, how do I check that?
Thanks for the help anyways emoticon

Answer
4/11/12 11:08 AM as a reply to Beckiss.
Once again I used Google. This is what I found:

http://support.google.com/sketchup/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=36253

but you may find a better source.
Hagit

Answer
6/3/12 7:02 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Hi.

I'm writing here on my gf's account. She doesn't know much about this stuff :S
The GPU is a GeForce 315 and CPU a Pentium E5700 Dual Core 3GHz. I googled Java problems with Chrome and found solutions which didn't work at all. I've found that it's not Java, but rather the applet which has problems, and keeps refreshing the script it's running every 10 seconds or so. I never have this problem on my PC at home (i5 Quad Core, GeForce GT 230). I'm lost. What to do?

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.