Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Suggestion
Answer
7/31/12 7:49 AM
How about an extra column in the 'List' tab of IGridd that indicates the number of solvers that have solved the puzzle. This info is available in the 'Details' tab but not in the overview of puzzles.

It's interesting information in itself as an extra decision factor in 'what shall I do next'. One could decide to do puzzles with a high number of solvers as they are probably easy and/or attractive. Or a veteran could decide to look for puzzles with very few solvers since they are likely to be difficult.

Another aspect is that this information is not available for multi-griddlers in the Authors Statistics page as only the individual parts are listed there and it would presumably be difficult to implement it there.

RE: Suggestion
Answer
8/2/12 6:53 AM as a reply to Dominiek.
I remember that Rasto disapproved this suggestion. He explained that it would put a lot of stress on the database server.

Having this data on the Details Panel is okay because the applet calls for data of one puzzle only.
Having this data on the List Panel will kill the site because the applet calls for data of thousands of puzzls.
I only checked the list "Griddlers (Singles) --> Black and White --> Small". It has 7499 puzzles. emoticon

Hagit

RE: Suggestion
Answer
8/3/12 12:25 AM as a reply to hagitm.
hagitm:
I remember that Rasto disapproved this suggestion. He explained that it would put a lot of stress on the database server.

Having this data on the Details Panel is okay because the applet calls for data of one puzzle only.
Having this data on the List Panel will kill the site because the applet calls for data of thousands of puzzls.
I only checked the list "Griddlers (Singles) --> Black and White --> Small". It has 7499 puzzles. emoticon

Hagit
Well, that's too bad. But of course the server needs to be cuddled emoticon It's doing a great job for sure. Thanks for the reply.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.