Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
121115 Tree
Answer
8/8/12 7:28 AM
Have been stuck on this one for a long time.  I revisit it from time to time to see if I can see something new, but so far no luck.  I hate to give up on a puzzle, so if anyone can give me a clue as to how to progress, I'd really appreciate it.
The 'o' marks 'can only be brown', and the 'x' marks 'can only be green'.  The areas outside the marked rectangle can only be green or brown obviously.  Thanks for any help!
Attachment

Attachments: 12115 Tree.JPG (377.8k)

RE: 121115 Tree
Answer
8/7/12 7:11 PM as a reply to sag.
Hi emoticon

Look at column 30, the brown 6 can only go below the white 2 you have marked, so you can place 1 brown. Now you can continue for a while again! This is a very interesting puzzle!! Going to solve it myself as well, looks nice and difficult emoticon

Good luck, Maarten

Answer
8/7/12 8:50 PM as a reply to sag.
I have made some progress now, and that feels great.  Drives me nuts how obvious it is once someone points it out. Hope it takes me to the finish now.  It is a nice challenging one, so enjoy!  Thanks so much!

Answer
8/23/12 1:50 PM as a reply to sag.
Hey I tried to this puzzle as well, but I made a mistake somewhere.
Could anyone tell me where I did wrong? ^^
When you look at row 28 you will see that the clues won't win =/
Attachment

Attachments: 121115.png (82.5k)

Answer
8/23/12 8:26 PM as a reply to ivotjah.
My guess is the 1 you have marked off in row 28, c4 is actually part of the 2 in that row and the clue in row 13 isn't correct. It just appears to me that the error has compounded itself somewhere on the left side more than likely.

Answer
8/27/12 5:48 PM as a reply to cosmictrombonis.
Hey,

Thanks for the help, but can you maybe tell me which parts to erase in order to get it all correct again? emoticon

Answer
8/27/12 9:36 PM as a reply to ivotjah.
I think all the black on the left, top and bottom, should be deleted. Then work with the rows that have the largest overlap. I'm not very good at spotting where mistakes are with a lot to go, but I tend not to get them or I have much more done when and if I find them that I can actually fix it.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.