Answer
4/28/13 4:08 PM
I'm clearly missing something obvious.emoticon
Attachment

Attachments: 130380.png (37.1k)

RE: 130380 (Candy)
Answer
12/16/12 3:20 PM as a reply to ACW.
Using a little trick I figured out in desperation, I have figured out that in row one, the first six and last four are white. In rows two and three, the last four are white. In rows four and five, the last one is white. This should get you started.

The trick is to ask yourself, "If this spot is black, what would that mean for the neighboring spots." For example, if the first spot in the first row was black than the first six would have to be black and so would the first six of the second row. However, there is no clue in the second row larger than a four so I now know that the first spot in row one cannot be black.

I continued trying a black in different spots until I figured out the ones that could not be black. It is always easiest to use this trick in the corners of a puzzle where large numbers interact with small such as the 6 and 4 in the upper left corner or the 5, 9 and 2 in the upper right corner. This is because the large numbers require several spots to be filled in that the small number doesn't allow to be filled in and this contradiction tells you which spots cannot be filled in.

Answer
12/16/12 6:58 PM as a reply to bejjinks.
The easiest starting point for this one are the two blues in the third row from the bottom. You can't place them exactly but you can deduce enough to know something about the first black 2 in that row.

Answer
12/16/12 7:17 PM as a reply to Dominiek.
This is a perfect puzzle to show how to use the X and O markers. Have a look at this image. I filled in all the spots that have to be dark, according to the clues at the sides. Now check out the pink 5 in column 6 :-)
After that, you can fill in a few more O's around the pink cells. It will probably stay a tricky puzzle for a while more (I have not completed it myself yet), but with the markers you should be able to finish it!

Have fun solving,
Jelga
Attachment

Attachments: 1303080.jpg (148.6k)

Answer
12/16/12 7:20 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
Another hint: have a look at the 3rd row from the bottom. You will be able to place one cell of the left 2.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.