POOF!! Again

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
POOF!! Again
Answer
2/6/13 3:41 AM
Feb 6, 2013 3:38 AM GMT

A couple of minutes ago, my puzzle, and iGridd went poof.  I think this is a similar time of day that the problem occurred a few weeks ago, though I haven't had the problem for awhile.

RE: POOF!! Again
Answer
2/8/13 10:31 AM as a reply to glllop.
Feb 8, 2013 10:26 AM GMT

Poof!  Another day another disappearing iGridd and puzzle. 

Answer
2/8/13 7:33 PM as a reply to glllop.
JC,

I am not sure about the crashes you experience, but they can't be similar to the crashes you had a few weeks ago. Reason - we no longer run backups at the times we used to do them. In simple words: what caused the slowness doesn't happen anymore.
Right now I have no suggestion to offer. Sorry. emoticon Please collect info and keep pasting it in here, but also try to find the cause elsewhere. If it isn't griddlers.net - what else can cause the crash?

Hagit

Answer
2/13/13 10:20 AM as a reply to hagitm.
Ah!  Coincidence!  Thanks, Hagit, I'm glad to know that.  If the cause was posted, I missed it.  At the time I was wondering if it was one of those background hacks that steals computation space around the world. emoticon  The recent poofs could be soemthing on my own computer for all I know.  Maybe something weird with the newer browser versions and my old system.

I do know that if I work on graphics and have a lot of windows running heavy stuff, iGridd will give up and pack it in.  That happened tonight, too, but I wouldn't have reported it.  That had cause.  That only happens when I'm doing something obvious..  Not like the recent times I reported here when it has gone poof for no discernable reason, when no graphics programs have even been opened at all since bootstrap.  I'll let you know if it happens again... 

Answer
2/18/13 10:46 PM as a reply to glllop.
Feb 18, 2013 10:43 PM GMT

Poof again.  I don't know why.  I was working a puzzle and blammo, it disappeared and so did iGridd.

Answer
2/18/13 10:53 PM as a reply to glllop.
This time I really don't know what's going on. It works fine for me and there is no special traffic on the server.
Rasto.

Answer
2/20/13 9:42 AM as a reply to Ra100.
Thanks for checking into it.

Feb 20, 2013 9:37 AM GMT Poof again.

It's probaby something in my computer that the current versions of iGridd and Firefox and/or Windows XP don't like about each other.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.