« Back to Suggestions and Developments

The ability to solve printed puzzles on PC.

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
I have a few books of puzzles, but solving them can get messy with pencil on the page.

I would love to be able to run iGridd,
tell it to generate a XX by YY gridd,
enter in the numbers on the top & left. [3,14,5]
Hit START & use the iGridd tools to solve it..

Make it impossible to send it online, since I didn't draw it in the first place, but allow it to be saved locally to work on later.

RE: The ability to solve printed puzzles on PC.
Answer
2/21/13 7:48 PM as a reply to JamesWyatt.
Hi,
This sounds like the exact opposite of what the site provides for now ;-)
If I understand it right, you'd like to enter the clues of a puzzle that is published in a book and then have the site solve it?
Maybe it is just me, but what would be the fun of that?

Apart from that, I'm not sure there is something like copyright being in the way if you'd use this site to solve puzzles from other sites. But maybe that's not a problem as long as you don't save the puzzle in here.

Jelga

Answer
2/21/13 8:03 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
Not exactly Jel. As far as I understand, James wants to create a digitized version of paper griddler and solve it himself on computer.
It is actually valid use case scenario, however over program does not do it. The internal puzzle representation is result image so to open a puzzle in solver we need solved image first. 
Rasto.

Answer
2/21/13 8:44 PM as a reply to Ra100.
I've seen puzzle solvers out there, I just want to solve it myself digitally, not analog with a pencil..

Answer
2/26/13 4:27 PM as a reply to JamesWyatt.
So.... Nothing out there to allow me to enter the numbers, & then have the ability to solve it?

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.