« Back to General

Adding hours to my time

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Adding hours to my time
Answer
3/11/13 2:34 AM
Has anyone else noticed a sort of glitch where it adds hours to your time on a puzzle?
It's happened a few times to me, I'd be doing a puzzle and about ten minutes in I'd look at the time and it says I've taken 12 hours so far which is a bit odd.
Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

RE: Adding hours to my time
Answer
3/11/13 7:30 AM as a reply to Beelzibubbles.
Beelzibubbles:
Has anyone else noticed a sort of glitch where it adds hours to your time on a puzzle?
Please supply more details:
What application do you use (Lite, Old Applet, New Applet)?
What computer do you use (PC? Mac?) and what browser?
In what puzzle the glitch happened?

Hagit

Answer
3/12/13 3:19 AM as a reply to hagitm.
I use the new applet but it's happened with the old one a few times since long before the updates. I'm on a PC, widows 7 using google Chrome and Firefox, it had occurred with both before java stopped working on firefox. It happened most recently with puzzle: http://www.griddlers.net/en_GB/griddlers/-/griddlers/90095. As soon as I noticed the 12 hour time on one of the squares I redid it but I'm not sure if I can look at previously solved puzzles to look for more.

Answer
3/12/13 8:22 AM as a reply to Beelzibubbles.
Hi
in database I can see that you solved this puzzle in 1545 seconds because you solved it again.
Please, if you find again such puzzle, let us know before solving it again. Also follow the time in window title if it is correct. The time itself is stored as integer number of seconds and later formatted to time format. It is possible that the time formatter somehow use timezone or so, and format it wrong.

Rasto

Answer
3/12/13 9:24 PM as a reply to Ra100.
That does make sense as I'm on London time, should I screencap it if/when it happens again?

Answer
3/13/13 9:19 AM as a reply to Beelzibubbles.
Yes, screenshot, Java logs, whatever can help us.

Answer
5/3/13 6:40 AM as a reply to Ra100.
Now it's gone too far the other way:
Each peice took me between half an hour to just over an hour.
Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: TimeError_1.png (73.7k), TimeError_2.png (72.7k), TimeError_3.png (73.7k)

Answer
5/4/13 3:03 AM as a reply to Beelzibubbles.
Please be patient until Ra100 is back from his vacation.
Thanks,
Hagit

Answer
5/5/13 6:55 PM as a reply to Beelzibubbles.
Hi
so far I can't see what it caused. Please watch the time in the solving window title and compare it to final stored time.
- the timer in title can run wrong
- or there can be a conversion error when storing on server

Rasto

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.