« Back to Java Problems

I have two problems: Expired jre (like other thread) and can't comment

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
I tried to post this to the news post about the Java certificate:

Up till last night, I wasn't getting any warning messages (I'm using Firefox, and had previously said Yes to the equivalent question). Now I'm getting a message that says the app has been blocked ("Your security settings have blocked an application from running with an insecure or expired jre") - the only button on it is OK, so I don't have an override option such as the one shown. I get the same result on "Show old applet". My Java plugin is up to date. How do I get to the warning message you've got?

But it wouldn't post my comment! It's asking me to log in to Facebook. I don't do Faceborg, and I won't, especially since they'd demand my official ID which I don't use with this one. When did that happen? (Also, I've never been able to get comments by email, so I suspect the "Subscribe Me" won't work for me here.)

Having read the other threads: it's the ordinary apps, not iGridd or the workshop, that I'm trying to use.

RE: I have two problems: Expired jre (like other thread) and can't comment
Answer
6/19/13 11:35 AM as a reply to susanreads.
Hi
I am going to reply more detailed about Java security issue in other thread. Please wait a moment.

Facebook - there is a FB like button on detail page (above the comments). You don't need to use it, all other functionality should work.
Our comments to puzzle are separate thing and needs only our login. Sometimes the form can expire and you need to realod the page. 

Perhaps this should be moved to a different place now that the Java part has been solved (as reported on the other thread)?

I'm referring to commenting on news posts, not on puzzles or here. Replies from here are turning up in my email, so either that's only a problem on news posts or it's been fixed. I couldn't see a button to post my comment except the one that just says "Comment", and that's the one that asked me to sign in to Facebook. But now I know to post in the forum instead (thanks for replying, by the way).

RE: I have two problems: Expired jre (like other thread) and can't comment
Answer
7/9/13 10:44 PM as a reply to susanreads.
susanreads:

I'm referring to commenting on news posts, not on puzzles or here. Replies from here are turning up in my email, so either that's only a problem on news posts or it's been fixed. I couldn't see a button to post my comment except the one that just says "Comment", and that's the one that asked me to sign in to Facebook. But now I know to post in the forum instead (thanks for replying, by the way).

We removed the option of commenting to the news via the website because some people commented directly via the news while others uttered themselves via the forum. So the forum IS the right place to express your thoughts, ask your questions, etc. Facebook is an addition to strengthen the community bounds. You don't have to register to Facebook, of course. As you figured it out yourself - the forum is the right place to talk.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.