T-Match - Tournament 5

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
T-Match - Tournament 5
Answer
6/24/13 9:31 AM
Tell us what is better for you?

When we announce the next Match on the Site News we recite a round hour.
For example:
T-Match - Tournament 5, Round 1: Saturday, July 6,  10:00 AM GMT

Would it be better if we recite the exact time, as follows?
T-Match - Tournament 5, Round 1: Saturday, July 6,   10:05 AM  GMT

You don't need to write a long explanation. We will understand you well if you simply write 10:00 is better.

Hagit

RE: T-Match - Tournament 5
Answer
6/25/13 2:17 PM as a reply to hagitm.
i vote for the exact time. tks for asking

Answer
6/25/13 2:51 PM as a reply to hagitm.
10:00 AM ;)

And you can also write time in 24h system e.g. Round 1: Saturday, July 6, 10 PM - 22:00 GMT

Answer
6/26/13 7:09 AM as a reply to hagitm.
I vote for the exact time. If the first puzzle doesn't come down the chute until 5 after, I'd like to know that beforehand.

Answer
6/26/13 1:59 PM as a reply to hagitm.
It seems that many times recently someone who is new to the match is confused because of a difference between what is posted as the start (:00) and what is the actual start for the release of the first puzzle (:05).  When they try to join, the countdown clock states that the match is already in progress, but then they discover in a panic that they cannot find the first puzzle.  In "Chat" we explain to them that the puzzle doesn't actually get released until :05.  Your documentation and countdown clock and the puzzle release all need to be synchronized.  When the clock says 1 minute left to go, there is really 6 minutes left for the first puzzle and that is very confusing.  If there is an historical reason for starting at :05 I've never heard it.  My vote would be to synchronize the documentation, the countdown clock and the puzzle release to be the same -- at :00.

Answer
6/29/13 10:29 AM as a reply to hagitm.
exact time, and I'd like to start at 10 PM, 22:00 GMT (: 

Answer
7/2/13 1:30 AM as a reply to hagitm.
I don't care about the Forum or Site News announcement, but I prefer on-the-hour (10:00 GMT) for the count-down.  It's easier for me to figure out (in my head) how long until the round!

http://www.griddlers.net/pages/tmatch

Answer
7/2/13 11:35 AM as a reply to hagitm.
According to your feedback we did the following:
  • The T-Match puzzles will be released on the exact hour. For the first round it'll be 10:00 AM GMT.
  • The countdown clock was adjusted to the exact hour.
  • The News Announcement was adjusted to the exact hour.
Thanks for telling us what you wanted,
Hagit

Answer
7/15/13 5:57 AM as a reply to hagitm.
its better for me 10:05, also por G- match
thanks!

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.