Java plug in missing!! help

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Java plug in missing!! help
Answer
6/25/13 6:38 PM
Hi

I am a complete technophobe, so need step by step help please. My pc crashed a month ago, its just got back from being fixed and reinstalled, from scratch, so practically a new machine lol! my problem is I cant play griddlers due to the java plug in not working, So as is usual, i go to jave to install from scratch as I know its missing the entire thing, and all i get is a message telling me the plug in could not be installed due to the current interenet security settings! everything is set to low/medium security, so its not that. AND if i dont sign in to my griddlers account, I can play griddlers fine, so its only on my account that its having these issues!!!!!!!! Go figure.

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong, I have missed being able to have my daily dose of puzzle solving!!!!

Thanks in advance emoticon

RE: Java plug in missing!! help
Answer
6/26/13 5:20 AM as a reply to claret.
Hi
the puzzles you can play as a guest are lite version. If you login,you can swithch the detail page of griddler to lite verssion as well.
However it is better to have full featured Java applet. I think the best working way is installation from offline file. Go to this page http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp  and download the file Windows offline. Then close all browser windows and start intallation. 
Rasto.

Answer
6/26/13 6:36 PM as a reply to Ra100.
Hi,

I am in the process of doing that thanks Ra, I will let you know if it works this time or not!!!!!! Fingers crossed

Answer
6/26/13 6:43 PM as a reply to Ra100.
AAAArrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope I did that, it actually downloaded that time, told me to restart my browser so I did that, and now it tells me it cant verify my version of Java! and still wont allow me to play any puzzles signed in!

Shame as I do love doing these puzzles lol!

Answer
6/26/13 10:02 PM as a reply to claret.
I had the same problem. Had to install it twice for it to work
Edgar

Answer
6/27/13 7:08 PM as a reply to edgarfrancois.
Ok, I am willing to try again lol! will report back after this attempt lol!!!!

Thanks emoticon

Answer
6/27/13 7:27 PM as a reply to Ra100.
Nope,

Still no joy! I have enabled it everwhere I can find it! its definately there in my list of programes and stuff, its showing up but wont verify so wont allow me to do anything that needs java, which is a whole heap of stuff on the pc!!!

Annoying much!!!!!! please can someone help me, I am going crazy trying to figure it out!!!

Thanks

Answer
6/27/13 7:56 PM as a reply to claret.
Thanks folks, I have now managed to find a way to install java that allows my firefox to see the plug in, therefore allowing me to enable it, and allowing it to be verified! All is now up and running and working and I have a happy me and 2 happy teenagers!!!

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEE

thanks to those who gave me advice! emoticon

Answer
6/27/13 9:12 PM as a reply to claret.
Great to have you back with us!

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.