« Revenir vers General

Why is the site so slow?

Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
Re: Why is the site so slow?
Réponse
07/09/03 23:18 en réponse à qwerty42.
The site is ok, maybe something holds you in the way to the site.
Try "tracert www.griddlers.net"

Bye Ra100

Why is the site so slow?
Réponse
17/09/03 13:29
This site seems to be getting slower and slower every day. I now have to wait an average of FIVE MINUTES for any page to load, at any time of the day, no matter how many people are logged in. Is someone playing video games on the server? I usually click on a page, then go browsing another site and check back every once in a while until the page has loaded. I can usually get through a half dozen other web sites before I get a puzzle to display. Am I the only one that this site is not working for, or are others having similar problems?

Réponse
17/09/03 13:29 en réponse à qwerty42.
>Try "tracert www.griddlers.net"

So all you techs peaked my interest. I searched the web to find out what the numbers of this tracert mean. Got a lot of info on how it works and what the numbers mean but I couldn't find anything on analyzing the actual results.

Eli

Réponse
17/09/03 20:32 en réponse à qwerty42.
tracert (TraceRoute) traces the hops (jumps) from your computer to a certain destination (a website). The first hops show the jump(s) from your computer to your internet provider, from there the hops go through the backbone that your internet provider uses to route internet traffic. The last hops show the backbone of the website's hosting provider towards your internet provider.

When I trace the route to www.griddlers.net, I get a certain result. You get another. If someone is closer to the server they will get less hops than another who is farther.

Each hop shows 3 sets of timing information, rating in ms (milliseconds). Timing below 300ms is good, above 500ms is slow, an asterisk (*) indicates a timeout (no connection).

Hagit

Réponse
17/09/03 20:58 en réponse à qwerty42.
I get it now!! Thanks for the lesson

Réponse
17/09/03 21:10 en réponse à qwerty42.
By the way, this in an interesting little program. Since I'm in upstate New York USA I tend to have about 15-20 hops. What fascinates me is that I seem to go from Syracuse New York, down to Philadelphia Pennsylvania and back up to New York City before jumping over to England (I think?) then to Europe. I suddenly feel like a world traveler!

Eli

Réponse
18/09/03 04:23 en réponse à qwerty42.
If you really want to see how well the internet networks are running at any time, you can visit this web site.

http//www.internettrafficreport.com/

TNT

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.