Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
Re: New feature?
Réponse
12/11/03 06:48 en réponse à architectofslee.
Also, I can't draw colors in a crooked line now (or erase colors in a crooked line now) with the new feature. I'm sorry, but the more I use this, the more frustrated I get.

Although I did find that I used the fill-in part of the feature once when it wasn't a full-line fill-in, I've more often accidentally erased colors with it. (
Perhaps I'm just a clutzy griddler solver...

--aos

Réponse
12/11/03 13:32 en réponse à architectofslee.
>When I hold down the mouse button to drag a line of color across the screen, something new is happening. If my mouse cursor accidentally goes up/down/left/right a row/column while I'm dragging, the color I'm dragging covers that row, too.

When you say "covers that row too" do you mean in a way similar to the ALT-click fill function which makes rectangular fills?

>Also, if I start on a square and then go right (for example), and then go back left without lifting my finger off the mouse button, the color disappears, as if I was intentionally backtracking.

The ALT-click fill never finalizes your choice til you let the buttons go. This is how it's always been. I like it because, when I fill in large areas, I don't want to wipe out a whole area of hard work with the occasional hand tic.

Réponse
12/11/03 21:09 en réponse à architectofslee.
oh, eliapple, thank you, thank you! Thanks to your comment, I've just realized my ALT button is stuck.

Oy vey! Sorry for inconveniencing anyone w/my message. P User (or rather, user's computer) error.

--aos

Réponse
12/11/03 22:31 en réponse à architectofslee.
What you describe is an action of using click mouse+ALT.
If it happens to you only by using the mouse (you don't press the ALT) - check/clean/replace your mouse and/or keyboard.

When we add a new feature it always appears in the Site News, so you know about the change and won't learn about it by surprise.

Hagit

Réponse
13/11/03 11:51 en réponse à architectofslee.
>If it happens to you only by using the mouse (you don't press the ALT) - check/replace your mouse and/or keyboard.

The stucking problem also happenned to me sometimes with my slower computer. Pressing that key again solved the problem in most cases. I can explain the basis of this problem if you ask to.

Réponse
13/11/03 11:57 en réponse à architectofslee.
>oh, eliapple, thank you, thank you! Thanks to your comment, I've just realized my ALT button is stuck.

Had a good laugh over this. About a year ago I was convinced my computer was having a major meltdown. Removed and reinstalled all sort of stuff, scanned and scanned and scanned with my virus software, ran scan disk over and over- all to no avail. The problem ended up being a CNTL key that occasionally stuck. One new keyboard later and I was ready to go again!

So it's nice to know I'm in good company..

Eli

Réponse
14/11/03 03:05 en réponse à architectofslee.
>So it's nice to know I'm in good company..
>
>Eli

lol...i almost kicked myself when i figured it out. i use my s.o.'s crappy laptop, and since i only use it for griddlers (about all it's good for), i forget that the left side of the keyboard is going. P

--aos

Réponse
19/11/03 01:23 en réponse à architectofslee.
And I've had the same problem with the shift key. I thought I had pushed Caps Lock by mistake so I pushed caps lock and stuck shift key plus caps lock made the letters work the way I expect them to but of course mouse click actions and non-letter keys were doing something funny. Nearly drove me crazy til I figured it out.

>>oh, eliapple, thank you, thank you! Thanks to your comment, I've just realized my ALT button is stuck.
>
>Had a good laugh over this. About a year ago I was convinced my computer was having a major meltdown. Removed and reinstalled all sort of stuff, scanned and scanned and scanned with my virus software, ran scan disk over and over- all to no avail. The problem ended up being a CNTL key that occasionally stuck. One new keyboard later and I was ready to go again!
>
>So it's nice to know I'm in good company..
>
>Eli

New feature?
Réponse
30/11/03 16:11
When I hold down the mouse button to drag a line of color across the screen, something new is happening. If my mouse cursor accidentally goes up/down/left/right a row/column while I'm dragging, the color I'm dragging covers that row, too. Also, if I start on a square and then go right (for example), and then go back left without lifting my finger off the mouse button, the color disappears, as if I was intentionally backtracking.

With regards to the first thing, I can see where this feature could be useful, and I can probably get used to it, but it sometimes erases colors I've already entered. Plus, that feature is really only useful if you have to fill in a couple of rows completely with a single color (imo). Well, it's only useful to me that way because I typically solve one row and column at a time, not two or three at a time. So, I guess I don't really care for this feature.

Also, right now, the second part I mentioned, where it backtracks on me, I personally find that undesirable and disconcerting. It slows me down because sometimes I need to put the same color in both directions on a single row/column, and I can't just keep holding the mouse button down when I go back, because then some of the color I've just put in gets erased.

I'm not trying to sound like a complainer (sorry). It's just that the forum is where we air our opinions. I know a lot of work must have gone into this feature, so I hope Hagit, Ra100, et. al., won't be offended. /

How do others feel about this new feature? (if everyone loves it, i'll just shut up get used to it)

--aos

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.