« Revenir vers All About You

The Griddler Personality

Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
The Griddler Personality
Réponse
01/07/04 03:34
So now we know that G.S. (Griddler Solvers) seem to be concentrated in the areas of science, technology and academics and there seem to be a lot of musicians and stay-at-home Moms amongst us. But what of our personal qualities?

I know that we're likely smarter than the average amoeba, but I know many truly bright people who have no interest in such puzzles. What makes us unique? What personality traits (quirks?) do you think we hold in common that cause us to be the devoted GS that we are?

I think that persistence is one. And a hunger for mental challenges. What do you think?

) Chef

Re: The Griddler Personality
Réponse
01/07/04 16:15 en réponse à chefmomster2.
>I think that persistence is one. And a hunger for mental challenges. What do you think?

I never thought about this before, but my best friend and I both love puzzles and both love griddlers. What do we have in common? We both have an innovative and inquisitive mind. We are also both very visual people a picture says more than a thousand words.

I also know that I am that type of griddler-solver that is most interested in the final picture. The points aren't interesting at all, the subject is and I do like a challenging puzzle. The pictures I like most are surprises, beautiful compositions and views from another than the usual angle.

However I don't like it when the puzzle makes me frown; too many triangles that blur the overal view for instance, or when I have to focus or fantasise to see the subject.

I would love to see more answers, and I'd like to get to know you all.

Caro

Réponse
01/07/04 17:44 en réponse à chefmomster2.
OK Chef,

Before I answer, I have to request that you give us your traits (I know most of them anyhow, but everybody else may not be so lucky).

I am a person who enjoys the company of a few, opposed to a crowd. I have a relatively close knit family that are within reasonable traveling distance. I prefer and have excelled in subjects that challenge the thinking process. I cannot memorize things, but have to see them written out and there has to be some logic to the final result- thus- I have never excelled in history, geography, or the languages, but did do well in the maths, physics ,computers, etc.

I have worked full time since I graduated from college except for the 2 months leave I took when I had my children. Most of my life is centered around my husband and children and I have never regretted it for one second.

It takes a lot to get me to lose my temper, but when I do, you'd better watch out. Life is too short to live in the past when there is so much to look forward to in the future. What has happened has happened and no amount of worrying or fretting can change it, so why bother. Look to tomorrow. "Don't worry be Happy"!!!!. -)

Well that's me in a nut shell, or as I percieve myself.

Barb

Réponse
01/07/04 19:41 en réponse à chefmomster2.
Huh, what personality ? I am only an average programmer. No intelligence, only bytes, bits and grids.
I am also a little bit of a teacher, I teach Java. But I want to be something like mom-at-home, stay at home and play with my boys.

If I win a million or more in lottery, I will buy a school and teach how to program Griddlers or better games.

Bye Ra100

>So now we know that G.S. (Griddler Solvers) seem to be concentrated in the areas of science, technology and academics and there seem to be a lot of musicians and stay-at-home Moms amongst us. But what of our personal qualities?
>
>I know that we're likely smarter than the average amoeba, but I know many truly bright people who have no interest in such puzzles. What makes us unique? What personality traits (quirks?) do you think we hold in common that cause us to be the devoted GS that we are?
>
>I think that persistence is one. And a hunger for mental challenges. What do you think?
>
>) Chef

Réponse
01/07/04 20:42 en réponse à chefmomster2.
> OK Chef,
> Before I answer, I have to request that you give us your traits (I know most of them anyhow, but everybody else may not be so lucky).

I will! But, you forgot one of your best traits, Barb. You're a World Class friend!

Like Barb, I prefer smaller groups or on-on-one time with people which is a good thing because we've lived far from family during our entire marriage (22 years). I'm fiercely independent, but sensitive and always searching for a good friend! (You can't have too many and they're rare in this world.

I never thought I was smart until college when I surprised myself by getting straight A's. Believe me, I was as shocked as anyone! The secret was that I adored college life. Ra, if I won the lottery I would be a perpetual student (after flying to visit all of my new Griddler friends, of course!)

I already have a degree in Elementary education and art history, but I plan to study computer technology. I'd also love to study architecture, photography, anthropology, archaeology, Egyptology, Classical Languages, Spanish (which would please Cruinne and AUTENTICARSE who wouldn't have to read my fractured sentences!), automobile repair, sculpture, drawing, psychology, gourmet cooking...Oh it's limitless! Just no Math! Unlike most of you, I'm no whiz at that!

I always have a quote about kindness in my profile, because I firmly believe in the Golden Rule. I believe in the inate goodness of most people and I try to assume the best, look for the best and encourage others to do their best.
I also try not to worry. If I can fix it, I'll work until I do. If I can't, why be miserable?

I tend to be a perfectionist and this helps me in Griddlers. There's no way I'll ever give up on solving a puzzle! (Keep the faith, Mak. I WILL finish "my" puzzle!) I'm also loyal, dependable and fiercely protective of my children who I've raised, thus far, to be independent people who live with high integrity.

I'm also impatient and emotional! Not such great qualities for Griddlers, but which cause me to be very passionate about the people and things I love, especially my dear hubby who is the most enlightened partner of a Griddler-devotee there could ever be!

And I LOVE Griddlers and all of you! You are a gift I celebrate every day!

)

Réponse
02/07/04 03:34 en réponse à chefmomster2.
Me? Hmmmmmm ....... when I have to sit and think about it it's hard to say what my personality is like.

I've been described by my family and friends as loyal, genorous, loving, giving, a good listener, stubborn as a mule, naive and being strong emotionally, just to name a few.

Yet if I were to describe myself I'm not so sure I would say that about myself. I can be impatient, hate making mistakes, have to have an answer to things, self-analytical (I need to know WHY).

What I do love to do in my spare time is crosswords, reading, logic problems, crocheting and, of course, Griddlers! I very rarely watch TV, normally having the radio on in the background or some form of music. I spend a lot of time with my family, I'm single so that means for me either my mother or one of my siblings and their kids. I have a large family all up with all the "steps" included (16 of us). I'll let you guess how hectic that makes it but it's no wonder I like to have background noise.

I'm a country girl at heart having grown up on the south-east coastline of Australia in a small coastal village where you had to find things to do to keep yourself entertained as there was no public transport available and no amusement arcades, etc down there. In all, I would say like every single one of us, that I have a complex personality that you don't truly know or understand until you meet me and get to know me.

Siobhan

Réponse
31/01/05 16:04 en réponse à chefmomster2.
in high school i studied graphical techniques (press, pre-press an design) after that i studied to become a pc technician (not programing, but i would like to become a programmer one day)

my interest go out to a lot of things, psychologic stuff, puzzles, riddles, drawing,....

when i am busy on my pc, someone can shout my name and i won't even hear it. when i solve griddlers, i need a complete sillence.

people say i am a thinker, i think to much about everything (just like i think about every puzzle what could be the reason someone made it, what was the aim of it, is it the way they wanted it to be or did someone want it to be more perfect?)

in some ways i am a perfectionist. but i give up to fast. when a puzzle makes me dizzy (to much 1 on 1 parts, i just close it because they give me a headache)

i'm not verry good in mathematics although i can work quite well in exel and the other office software.
i used to read a lot but that stoped when i discovered the thing they call computer
:roll:

i think this schould be enough for now

Réponse
31/01/05 17:17 en réponse à chefmomster2.
Hey, thanks Wax, for bringing this one up, I never read this topic until today! And as I am a member of this site for exactly one year today :occasion2: , that's a good reason as any to tell a bit more about myself.

I'm a creative thinker, I love to use logic in unexpected ways. And it's not just thinking, I like to use creativity in many ways, but there will always have to be some kind of a challenge to it.
For instance I love making jewelry out of unusual things. I made a beautiful broche out of a 486-processor and right now I'm busy making a neckless out of different kinds of glass-shards, pieces of pottery and a firestone spearhead. The challenge is to find out how to connect them together in a nice way. But when I'm done, don't ask me to make one for you as well, because making the same thing twice is boring... So I gave up on the idea of being a goldsmith as a profession (I did study for that a couple of years), I would spent all my time on designing and never have anything ready to sell.

Because that's me as well, always starting up new things and never ending them properly. I love to find out how things work, but when I know, it's not interesting anymore. You should see my house, one of the biggest rooms has been empty for three years now, because I started redecoration it, and now I still have to deceide on where the new electricitypoints will have to be. But then again, an empty room comes in handy when I need space for my photography, which is another thing I love to do. I might even become a jewelry-photographer on day! I'll show some of those photo's on my website, if I get to finish it one day. Right now, it's just one of those things I've started....

So it's good there's a limit to the amount of griddlers you can save, I actually have to solve them, before I can start another one! But there's loads of unfinished multi's, that I'd like to solve one day. I only need to find them again!

Jelga :occasion9:

Réponse
31/01/05 18:40 en réponse à chefmomster2.
I will not go into the details but I'm know to have a looooooooooot of patience... emoticon

I'm a bit of an artistic soul too. This explains why in my oppinion a good picture is esential for a good griddler.

mpir

Réponse
10/02/06 03:12 en réponse à chefmomster2.
You only need one thing to be a griddler. A LOT of spare time!

Réponse
30/12/06 03:10 en réponse à chefmomster2.
Want to know my personality? Read the description of a Virgo (my Zodiac Sign) and I'm the exact OPPOSITE emoticon

(Haru as well)

Réponse
30/12/06 17:34 en réponse à chefmomster2.
I'm not sure how I would describe my personality. It's one of the hardest questions to answer.

But, when I was at school and college my favourite subject was Maths. I loved it, so much so, that I taught it to myself. My Maths teacher didn't teach my class anything so was the only way to learn. I think that says how much I liked the subject. I never did very well at other subjects like geography, history or English (Considering I'm from England that's pretty bad but I don't care.) I also didn't do very well at french or music.

I am a logical person, I don't beleive in coinsidences, everything must have a logical answer.

It is essential to have alot of spare time to do Griddlers and Triddlers. My preference being Triddlers I find them more taxing and complicated. I get a lot of spare time at work which is where I do most of my puzzles.

I still live with my parents and my bpyfriend lives with his so most of my time outside of work is spent at one place or the other not giving me much time for the internet. But that is fine by me as I see my life well balanced.

My boyfriend happens to be a computer technician
and is rather intelligent (shame there's no jobs in this country for someone like that unless you know someone in the trade) but he can't comprehend Griddlers or Triddlers or other such puzzles like Sudoku. In some way we are like chalk and cheese in others we are like two peas in a pod. Again another good balance in my life.

Anyways I have just realised how much I have been typing sorry about that and hope I didn't bore anyone too much. Thank you for listening.

Réponse
07/01/07 10:07 en réponse à chefmomster2.
For me, the love comes from an epiphany I had one day about how nearly all of my hobbies fit into a general category..."following tiny, simple steps to achieve something entirely the opposite".

For example, I love math...math is, at the most basic level, just using a few simple rules and applying them sequentially until your problem is solved. Once you've got your toolbox filled up with those simple things, you can tackle so much!

Another example, I love origami. The more complex the better. Again, there are very few basic folds involved, but after 100+ steps you end up with something quite impressive!

Playing music is again similar to me, since you're provided a tiny number of notes to play at any given time but as you string them along you end up with a beautiful piece of music.

For griddlers, I love that you can know a small handful of checks to perform on a line, extract the new information, and just keep repeating that until you're left with an amazing picture.

I guess another way to put it is that I love anything that requires little creativity while achieving impressive results emoticon If something involves following the direction of a number of steps or processes to achieve a greater goal then I'll very likely love it!

Réponse
02/02/07 22:15 en réponse à chefmomster2.
another math geek here :oops: actually thats not a nice way of putting it. My personality...

i like stuff to work, which is why i think i liked math in highschool. Subjects like philosophy, where the answer could be this, could be that, annoy me lots, but is still get a kick out of talking about them.

I'm argumentative, and it has gotten to the point that i will play devils advocate just to have an argument. Works wonders at uni, where some people take themselves too seriously. I'm also extremely stubborn. A notorious flirt, i seem to spend too much time engaging in conversations full of innuendo and suggestion with any male who'll play along. I have a few close knit groups of friends (some are highschool friends, some i've made since i got my most recent boyfriend - his obsession with minis has caused me to meet a fair few interesting characters)however i also enjoy going out to clubs, and the whole mob atmosphere you get there.

Quiet (well i think so, i can hear my friends laughing from here) but there is a very loud side to me, which there needs to be if i ever want to get my say at functions on one side of the family.

I wouldnt say im that smart, i average credits at uni.

um.....i like pretty stuff, but i also like stuff that is different.

Im also a proud left hander, which i think affects the way i think.

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.