Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
River Bliss
Réponse
23/01/09 21:30
This week I started to solve River Bliss. Has someone solved this griddler.
Hawkmoon

RE: River Bliss
Réponse
24/01/09 19:08 en réponse à Hawkmoon.
I started solving "The Monster of Delft" on July 26th last year. Exactly, started! No way near finishing it. I have to say, it's not impossibly hard to solve (yet?!) but what makes it hard is the size of it, the need to run around the table all the time to see the clues. An extra set of clues help a lot (i figured that out after about 3 months!). The most important thing is to find a table that is big enough and then fit it into your room LOL

Hawkmoon:
Has someone solved this griddler.

I was curious about that too

Réponse
24/01/09 19:38 en réponse à Jenny84.
Well, recently I tried to solve 110x150 and it wasn't fun for me... It was way too large and quite boring. Then I don't think that I would like 15 times larger puzzle emoticon I definitely prefer 50x50 or smaller puzzles to solve emoticon

Réponse
25/01/09 00:49 en réponse à Oskar.
I agree that the size of the puzzle makes it hard to solve. I don't have a table that's big enough, so I decided to solve it it on my computer and use the workshop. Maybe it will be harder to slove it this way, but so far solving River Bliss that way causes no problems.
Hawkmoon

Réponse
15/10/09 20:55 en réponse à Hawkmoon.
Hawkmoon:
Has someone solved this griddler.

And the question has been answered.
Congratulations!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Réponse
15/10/09 23:24 en réponse à Jenny84.
Very impressive, Hawkmoon! How many hours did it actually take you to solve it?

For those who have no idea what it is like to solve a puzzle of 500x500 - here's a pic of last years meeting:
Attachement

Pièces jointes: IMG_0816.jpg (191,8k)

Réponse
16/10/09 07:47 en réponse à Jeltje.
I've got the original at home now, and it moved with me to another home.
Got a big officespace there, but I still don't know if it fits.
Will try next weekend and let know!

Réponse
16/10/09 19:47 en réponse à Lies.
I am confused by this thread. How do you know Hawkmoon has solved this puzzle? Have they said so?
Freespirit

Réponse
16/10/09 20:20 en réponse à freespirit.
freespirit:
I am confused by this thread. How do you know Hawkmoon has solved this puzzle? Have they said so?
Freespirit

Hawkmoon sent us an email with the image of the puzzle and we compared it to the original.

Hagit

Réponse
17/10/09 19:25 en réponse à freespirit.
Hi,

If users of this site are interested how I solved River Bliss, I will explain how I did it. I try to do that as soon as possible.
I think I have to make some screenshots. For those who think they can use these screenshots I can tell you now that you can't.
It will be screenshots when I started to solve River Bliss.

I want to thank Hagitm and Ra100. And of course all the others

Hawkmoon

Réponse
19/10/09 07:55 en réponse à Hawkmoon.
Hi
Wasn't doubting that Hawkmoon had achieved it just couldn't find an announcement from him.

I didn't know it existed until now and I like a challenge so would have had a go.

I have now downloaded, printed, cut and am in the process of taping together - not very practical! Would have been better if it could have been printed smaller too.
So I am very curious to know Hawkmoon how you got to do it on your PC, which is what you did right?
Freespirit

Réponse
21/10/09 20:22 en réponse à freespirit.
Hello,

How did I solve River Bliss on my pc?

I printed the clues and numbered the row and colums. Now you must have a program that you can use to make a 500 x 500 grid.
You can use microsoft paint to do that.
In this grid I draw line to seen where the colums and rows are.

The back lines are the rows and colums that have the numeber 100, 200, 300 and 400..
The pink lines are the rows and colms that have the number 150, 250 , 350 etc.
The green lines are the numers 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.
I choose a gridd color and a background color and a main color.

In the screenshot you see 1 black line and 2 black lines. the row with 1 black line is column 100 and where 2black lines are that is row 200

So the red spot is R29/C171 and the blue spot is R33/C213.(I counted the rows from the bottom to the top).

When you try to solve River Bliss mark the clues with an O, you can always see them and check when you make a mistake.

I forgot to thank TNT, the one who created this puzzle.

Hawkmoon
Attachement

Pièces jointes: riverbliss.gif (60,2k)

Réponse
22/10/09 08:07 en réponse à Hawkmoon.
I see now, yes, you had your clues printed seperately from your grid. So you could print out a smaller grid.

I have now stuck my grid together and it fits on my lounge floor so I have started to get it out and do a little bit each evening.

I too have put a coloured line every 50 squares to help keep me on track.

Yours is probably a lot more practical, but now I have started I will see how I get on this way.

Freespirit

Réponse
22/10/09 12:51 en réponse à freespirit.
Hawkmoon - well done on finishing it - awesome job.

:salute:

Freespirit and Jenny84 you have my utmost admiration for having a go - I don't have the strength to try, but I admire all who have a go.

Good Luck - I look forward to seeing the announcements of your completing it and again well done on having a go.

Réponse
24/10/09 07:35 en réponse à Jenny84.
Could somebody please tell me where I can find that River Bliss?

Réponse
24/10/09 11:33 en réponse à pica.
You won't find it among the on-line puzzles, it is too large for that. You can download it in the bookstore, it is right at the bottom as one of the very special ones.

Have fun solving!

Jelga

Réponse
01/02/10 21:38 en réponse à Jeltje.
I have enough trouble trying to solve the smaller black and white ones on the pc let alone attempting to do that one!!

If I ever get really bored ...

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.