Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Jelga . 22/10/06 11:51
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA MichaelaBender 22/10/06 15:46
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Tim Phillips 22/10/06 17:06
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Mary 23/10/06 23:39
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Mary 23/10/06 23:54
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Sherri 24/10/06 03:04
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Tomek Woźniak 29/11/06 08:07
Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA Hagit Maor 29/11/06 10:40
You've asked and now it's here.... a Mini-meeting in the USA!

All griddler devotees and families are invited to Red Top Mountain State Park in Cartersville, GA on Saturday, October 21 for a day of hiking, barbeque, talking, picture-taking, griddling.... The park has super facilities that include 1,562 acres of wooded trails and lots to see and do. We'll have plenty of things to choose from on our day together.

Check it out for yourself!

http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?locationid=21&linkval=redtop&siteid=5&db=georgia

The fun will begin at 10AM at Picnic Shelter #5. Maps of the park are attached below for your convenience.

Chefkiddler and TROGDORNBXMAS will be joining me at the meeting. There are also rumors that sslug may be persuaded to travel all the way from Virginia for the event. Maybe she'll set up her cardboard oven to wow us with skills made famous in the Griddler Forum. emoticon

If you are interested in putting faces to the user names you've seen, meeting some other griddicts, and enjoying great times, great food, and great puzzles contact me at my email address in my profile. Also, please post a message in this forum if you'll be attending.

I can't wait to meet you all!
Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Re: Mini-Meeting in Atlanta Metro, Georgia, USA
Réponse
10/09/06 18:02 en réponse à Mary.
"chefmomster2":
You've asked and now it's here.... a Mini-meeting in the USA!

There are also rumors that sslug may be persuaded to travel all the way from Virginia for the event. Maybe she'll set up her cardboard oven to wow us with skills made famous in the Griddler Forum. emoticon

:toothy8: YES! I'm so excited that I'm bouncing up and down with anticipation. This slug is making plans to drive to Georgia the third week of October.
:happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6:

And, yes, I can pack the the cardboard box oven and bring it down with me. What would y'all like to eat? How about a chocolate-cherry-chip cake.

(If you have no idea what skills chef is referring to check out this forum topic: Girl Scout Camping topic under "Personal Events and Stories" forum.

So, who else is coming to the party?
S.Slug :occasion7: :occasion9:

Pièces jointes:

Attachement

0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
10/09/06 19:03 en réponse à Mary.
Me me meeeeeee please. I'd love to join the party. Will it be on "rain or shine"? I have checked on the airfares already, and airtrans is very reasonable, they are having a fare sale happening right now. I was supposed to be at Helen GA for Oktoberfest the first week of October, but that fell through, and we are going to be in NC instead at that time, but ... as of right now, I'm free this third weekend in October.

Chocolate cherry chip cake sounds deeeeeeelicious, never had it or heard of it, but would most certainly love to try some ( I have many sweet teeth), don't cook, but Love to eat emoticon

Please keep me posted as more details develop, as I will have to decide soon in order to get the cheap airfare.
Michaela :toothy7:
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
10/09/06 21:46 en réponse à Mary.
"sslug":

:toothy8: YES! I'm so excited that I'm bouncing up and down with anticipation. This slug is making plans to drive to Georgia the third week of October.
:happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6: :happy6:

I couldn't be more thrilled!!! It will be wonderful to have you here, box in hand! :happy7: :toothy8: :laughing6: :toothy7: :laughing6: :toothy8: :happy7:

In appreciation for your quick response (and offer of cake, :occasion6: of course!) here are a few peeks at Red Top to whet your appetite for the visit!

:toothy4: :sunny: :flower:
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
10/09/06 21:54 en réponse à Mary.
"MichaelaBender":
Me me meeeeeee please. I'd love to join the party. Will it be on "rain or shine"?

Rain or shine, it is ON! Especially knowing that I will get to have another Kiddler Team member here! You'll be the first that I get to meet! I'm thrilled.

Go ahead and make the reservation! I'll be sending more details soon.

In the meantime....a few more previews!!

:hello: :hello: :hello:
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 00:36 en réponse à Mary.
I am going to try to get there. It is about 4 hours driving wise from here. Depends on how late the football game is the night before both my kids are in the band and play at the games. I hope it goes fast so I can make it there. I live just north of Montgomery Alabama, and the game is just a few miles down the road so if the games gets over early I will be able to get on the road.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 01:01 en réponse à Mary.
If I can get off work i'm coming. It's a 6 hour drive but would be worth every minute to get to meet you all!!!
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 01:30 en réponse à Mary.
"croggen":
I am going to try to get there. It is about 4 hours driving wise from here. I hope it goes fast so I can make it there..

I hope you can make it too. Remember, we have the pavilion from 10am until 9:30PM so we'll be there for a long while. Just come when you can.

In the meantime...a few more shots of things you could see during your visit.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 01:38 en réponse à Mary.
"tj170":
If I can get off work i'm coming. It's a 6 hour drive but would be worth every minute to get to meet you all!!!

Open Letter to tj's Boss:

Please, please, :love4: please, please let her be off that day! We just HAVE to meet her.

Thank you. You are the most considerate boss in the world! :notworthy:

Chef

PS Here are some pics of where she'll be...
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 03:35 en réponse à Mary.
You are all making me really jealous!
Sadly I have not been able to make it to any of the meetings, and I know for sure I won't be going to this one either, I'm pregnant and October 21st is my actual due date, so please spare a thought on that day, I may be in some discomfort!
Btw, anyone free to babysit a 2 1/2 year old in Singapore that week? (joke) emoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 21:12 en réponse à Mary.
I sympathize since I know how jealous I feel when the International Meeeting is held. :oops: Here are a few pics since you can't see the sights yourself.

You'll be there in spirit because you'll certainly be in our thougts as we pray for the safe delivery of your future Griddict!

emoticon

PS Hope you'll post a pic of this Meeting-spoiler! LOL
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 21:15 en réponse à Mary.
What georgeous pictures. You are really whetting our appetites emoticon
As of right now, put me on the "confirmed" list. I have purchase my ticket and rental car. If anyone else happens to fly in early morning saturday, let me know, and I'd be happy to give them a ride (so we can get lost together LOL) .... I have no clue where I'm going, but according to mapquest it doesn't look too bad.
Looking very much forward to meeting everyone.

Michaela
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
11/09/06 21:26 en réponse à Mary.
Well, that's deserving of another present! Check out these pics.

It's an easy drive as far as finding it goes. Traffic is another matter! emoticon If you'd like some directions from real people, let me know.

Can't wait to meet you!
Mary
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
13/09/06 00:42 en réponse à Mary.
Chef, thanks for the invite to this new fan of griddlers from the GA area. I don't know yet if we'll be attending, will have to check the schedule...but it sounds like fun. My wife and daughter could enjoy the hiking whilst we griddlers griddle (or whatever).

It is a busy weekend for us, as it's our anniversary and her birthday - I'll either post here or email later and let you know for sure.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
13/09/06 03:02 en réponse à Mary.
Thanks for the reply SuperDog! We'd be happy to have you join us if you can. Just to tempt you a bit more......

emoticon Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/09/06 03:15 en réponse à Mary.
Hey -- I'm psyched; just checked out the link for the venue. Looks lovely. emoticon

Hope I can join ya'll there (isn't that Georgian?)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/09/06 12:53 en réponse à Mary.
YAY! Can't wait to see you!

We do need to get some men-folk involved, though! My hubby is beginning to feel outnumbered! emoticon

More pics to delight you!
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/09/06 13:35 en réponse à Mary.
There will be a chat this Friday evening to make plans for the Atlanta meeting. If you're planning to come, it would be great to have you there. It will last just an hour.

I'd love to get more metro Atlanta people out here! We love visitors, but I'd certainly like to see a nice showing from Georgia.

Chef emoticon

------------------------------------------------------
Atlanta Mini-Meeting Chat Friday, September 15th, 2006
11:00pm GMT
4:00pm West Coast (LA)
7:00pm East Coast (NY)
------------------------------------------------------
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/09/06 13:47 en réponse à Mary.
Chef,
please stop publishing those pictures
I am getting jealous that I cannot join you there

Joking, publish them - they are beautifull - particulary the one from 30September (my birthsday) ;)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/09/06 11:45 en réponse à Mary.
Tomek,

I've officially added you to my list of Griddicts who will be here in spirit!!

Here are a few more sights to view. emoticon

Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/09/06 12:17 en réponse à Mary.
here are a few more local attractions.

New Echota

http://gastateparks.org/info/echota/

New Echota was the site of theCherokee capital and it ws established in 1826. It included a Supreme Court, a Legislature, and fhe first Indian language newspaper.

New Echota was also the site of the stockade that marked the beginning of the Trail of Tears- the forced removal of thousands of Cherokee Indians from the Southeast following the discovery of gold in north Georgia. They were sent on a forced march of almost 800 miles (1287.2km) to a reservaton in Oklahoma during the fall and winter of 1838-1839. It is estimated that over 4000 died on the trip- nearly a fith of the Cherokee Indian population.

http://www.rosecity.net/tears/trail/tearsnht.html

In the historic site you can see the reconstructed Council House, Court House, Print Shop, Missionary Samuel Worcester's home, and an 1805 store and several other buildings. There is also a museum and interpretive center.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/09/06 12:32 en réponse à Mary.
Dahlonega, GA - Site of the First Gold Rush

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/dahlonega/

Gold was discovered in Georgia in about 1829- twenty years before the California Rush. By 1848, the US had a mint established here which minted over $6 million dollars in gold coin before it closed in 1861.

Sadly, the arrival of gold fever meant the destruction of the Cherokee Indian nation in Georgia. The land was stolen from them and distributed to whites in a lottery. (I have friends who still have the land title their ancestors received in this lottery and their families still live on this land.)

Gold mining is now only pursued by persistent independent prospectors, but tours of mines and demonstration of mining techniques are available.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/09/06 12:44 en réponse à Mary.
Booth Western Art Museum

http://www.boothmuseum.org/mainpage.htm

This wonderful museum was built in 2003 and houses main galleries of contemporary Western American art. Other galleries have displays of Civil War art, Western movie posters, and Western Illlustration. The Presidential Portrait gallery has phots of every US president plus one original signed letter from each plus other presidential memorabilia.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/09/06 13:03 en réponse à Mary.
Etowah Mounds

http://ngeorgia.com/parks/etowah.html
http://notatlanta.org/etowahmounds.html

Etowah Mounds was first established by the peoples of the Mississipian culture about 950AD. It may have been the largest Mound Builder city at the end of the Middle Mississippian period.

It is believed they had moved here from Mississippi and flourished in areas of religion, commerce, and agriculture. This culture is now better understood by archeologists and they are thought to be comprised of a number of distinct cultures that are now collectively known as Mound Builders.By 1540, the culture was in decline and Etowah Mounds had been abandoned.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/09/06 02:06 en réponse à Mary.
Chef,

As of right now I think we are planning to come up for at least part of the day - I showed the pics to my wife and she said she could deal with hiking with our daughter while the rest of us puzzled. For now, count us in, even though I'm still a green rookie / novice at these things! Hopefully I can learn a few secrets from the rest of you!

SuperDog
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/09/06 03:25 en réponse à Mary.
So happy to hear it!

:occasion7: :occasion9: :toothy8: :occasion9: :occasion7:

That's deserving of another sneak preview!

Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
17/09/06 16:56 en réponse à Mary.
To see all my Georgian friends (or those close to the area). Even though I'm now living in CT, I still would love to attend.

& ChefMomster - SHAME ON YOU!!! You're posting pix of things I used to go do/visit each summer when I was younger! You trying to make me more homesick or something? emoticon

&, a small note to MichaelaBender: ever been "tubing the Hooch" in Helen? GREAT way to spend an afternoon - if you don't mind getting wet. However, you'll have to get me some homemade candy from the Candy Store & a carved hand dipped candle @ the Candle Shop while you're there! :notworthy:

Let me see if I can arrainge things on my end to make it possible. If not, I, too, will be there in spirit. I hope it turns out to be fun & many show up!

Hope to see y'all there!

:thumbleft:

WBennett

P.S. On a side note - anybody from SE Ga.? I'm origionally from Douglas (Coffee Co.) - down around Waycross/Valdosta area. :hello:
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
18/09/06 18:56 en réponse à Mary.
Why wbennett! Would I be so sneaky? So underhanded? So manipulative? :evil:

You betcha!!! Seems to have worked too! emoticon

I can't wait to see you. Enjoy these further enticements! These pics I took myself when I visited there yesterday to check the place out. emoticon

Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
18/09/06 19:03 en réponse à Mary.
Here is our actual picnic pavilion and a view of the lakeshore nearby.

It won't be nearly so crowded at our visit. Most of these folks were from the group using "our" pavilion.

Plus, it will be significantly cooler in late October. When this pic was taken it was 30*C (86*F). Late October will be closer to 20*C(68*F).
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
10/10/06 14:42 en réponse à Mary.
:hello: Not even two weeks now until we finally meet! I can't wait. :laughing5:

If you haven't already responded, it's not too late! We'd still love to have you. Just email me and I'll send you all the info you need.

Chef
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/10/06 16:50 en réponse à Mary.
It's getting really close now! Here's the current forecast for next weekend.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/10/06 00:13 en réponse à Mary.
Chef,

I know we've gone back and forth with it, but we were just talking about the Griddler meeting - is it too late for my wife, daughter, and I to still attend this weekend? I know we haven't gotten everything to you yet, but perhaps could via email? Just email me and let us know.

Actually I just emailed you - and tried to call also (will try again later). We don't want to put you out, but we would like to come for a few hours just to enjoy the company!

SuperDog (Tim)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/10/06 02:10 en réponse à Mary.
You are SO very welcome. Check your email and let me know about the shirts ASAP.

I'm thrilled you can come!

Chef emoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
20/10/06 03:06 en réponse à Mary.
The meeeting has officially begun with the arrival of my first guest! Sslug is here, safe and sound.

emoticonemoticonemoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
20/10/06 08:54 en réponse à Mary.
Have fun in this special meeting!

:occasion7:

Regards to everyone

Agathi
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
21/10/06 11:48 en réponse à Mary.
MichaelaBender has missed her first flight from Philly to Atlanta, and is on standby for the 8am but there is something going on at Atlanta Airport and they had to deboard the plane. So all is on hold right now. She hopes to be on the next flight. As soon as she knows more she will call Chefmonster.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
22/10/06 10:59 en réponse à Mary.
Michaela did make it, just later than she had planned. We all had lots of fun. And there will be pictures for everyone to see.

(I love Chef's direct connection; this is instant computing compared to home!)

S.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
22/10/06 11:51 en réponse à Mary.
Glad to hear Michaela made it and that you had such a great time. emoticon Can't wait to hear (and see...) more!

Jelga
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
22/10/06 15:46 en réponse à Mary.
I'm so glad I got to attend this meeting, although I had some snafus early on in the day.
It was great to meet Mary and her family, Sheri and the famous cardboard oven, Tim and his wife Sonya, and their adorable daughhter Ruby. The weather was just fantastic, and the park where we all met was just georgeous. I even got to eat a real Bratwurst (almost made me feel like I was back home in germany). Thanks for all the work you put into this, Mary, I hope you post some pictures of all the decorations, they were just too cute. Have a save trip home, Sheri, and I hope we'll do this again some time.
Michaela
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
22/10/06 17:06 en réponse à Mary.
I couldn't agree with Michaela more. Mary, you and your family throw one more incredible party! We had such a good time meeting everyone, enjoying the lake and the hike.

Thank you again for all the kindnesses shown to our daughter Ruby. She had an awesome time, but she slept all the way back home (a whole hour away)! We will definitely have to do it again sometime. Thanks again - and for those that couldn't make it, I can't wait for you to see the pics that will be forthcoming!

SuperDog (Tim)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
23/10/06 23:39 en réponse à Mary.
The weekend was more wonderful than I can even express.

Jelga, it meant to much to me that you were so thoughtful in sending us a post card. We enjoyed it very much and it made you a real part of our gathering. Could you feel us talking about you? LOL All good things!

Tim, your family was wonderful. I'm so glad it could work out for you to attend. Ruby is a darling and Sonya is such a sweet and kind person. The meeting wouldn't have been the same without you. I really hope we can get together sometime and swap griddler techniques. We don't live so far apart after all.

Michaela, you went to so much trouble to be with us. It meant so very much to me. It loved meeting another kiddler team member. Especially one so thoroughly fun and amazing as you. I only wish we had had more time.

Sherri, a special thanks to you. It was great that you could drive such a long distance to be here and I'm so glad I got to spend a few days with you and get to know you better. You were such a huge help to me in preparing and setting up the picnic. And, I got to see your outdoor oven in action. It was great fun!

Thank you to the Team for the iGridd book and all the advice on holding a meeting. It was invaluable to me. As usual, you are the very best!

I also want to express a heartfelt thank you to my family and Jason. You did so much to help me to prepare and added so much to the day. I will always remember and appreciate it.

Chef emoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
23/10/06 23:54 en réponse à Mary.
I'm working busily on our page of pics from the meeting. Stay tuned and watch the news for the release.

emoticon
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
24/10/06 03:04 en réponse à Mary.
I've just arrived home (thought I'd better log in and let everyone know so no one worried). Traffic was moving very fast today. (I think some people thought the 85 was a speed suggestion and not a route number, LOL.)

Thanks for the wonderful time, Mary. :notworthy: You and your family are really great hosts. It was great to meet everybody.

Michaela, it was so nice to meet you. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with us.

Tim, I'm glad you decided to come after all. It would not have been the same without you and your lovely family.

Bedtime now, I'm a very tired slug.
S.:sleepy1:
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
29/11/06 08:07 en réponse à Mary.
Thank you for the card - it made me smile ;)
It is nice to know that on the other side of world there is someone that thinks about you ;)

you need to tell me who is who ;)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
29/11/06 10:40 en réponse à Mary.
"twoznia":
you need to tell me who is who ;)

The answer is here. :-)

Hagit
0 (0 Voter)

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.