« Revenir vers Discussions

Auto-crop the grid

Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
Auto-crop the grid
Réponse
08/12/02 21:46
How about a auto-crop function that removes every completely blank edge-line when a puzzle is uploaded, this would give us a lot of puzzles that have those "odd" sizes, but we wouldn't have a lot of huge ones that really are just tiny... And it would be an idea to run all existing puzzles through that very cropping function. Just an idea...

Re: Auto-crop the grid
Réponse
09/12/02 13:45 en réponse à zandy.
>How about a auto-crop function that removes every completely blank edge-line when a puzzle is uploaded, this would give us a lot of puzzles that have those "odd" sizes, but we wouldn't have a lot of huge ones that really are just tiny... And it would be an idea to run all existing puzzles through that very cropping function. Just an idea...

Good idea, I will place it into my to do list.

Most of puzzles are n*5 by m*5 , should I crop these too ? ( 20x20 -> 19x20 )

Bye Ra100

Réponse
09/12/02 13:50 en réponse à zandy.
>Good idea, I will place it into my to do list.
>
>Most of puzzles are n*5 by m*5 , should I crop these too ? ( 20x20 -> 19x20 )

Yes, empty lines are just annoying. Or at least I think so... *grin*

Réponse
10/12/02 20:43 en réponse à zandy.
"I personally find it easier to do the puzzle when the grid is a multiple of 5; it makes counting easier.

>>How about a auto-crop function that removes every completely blank edge-line when a puzzle is uploaded, this would give us a lot of puzzles that have those "odd" sizes, but we wouldn't have a lot of huge ones that really are just tiny... And it would be an idea to run all existing puzzles through that very cropping function. Just an idea...
>
>Good idea, I will place it into my to do list.
>
>Most of puzzles are n*5 by m*5 , should I crop these too ? ( 20x20 -> 19x20 )
>
>Bye Ra100

Réponse
11/12/02 08:11 en réponse à zandy.
>>Good idea, I will place it into my to do list.
>>
>>Most of puzzles are n*5 by m*5 , should I crop these too ? ( 20x20 -> 19x20 )
>
>Yes, empty lines are just annoying. Or at least I think so... *grin*

I prefer that all puzzles be n*5 by m*5. In an ideal world, puzzles would be cropped to the smallest size and then padded to make them n*5 by m*5.

Whatever you decide to do will be okay with me, though. I recognize all the work you've put in to providing the applet and the authors put in to creating these puzzles. )

ej

Réponse
12/12/02 01:27 en réponse à zandy.
I personally hate the blank lines - especially when they are at the top of the puzzle causing more scrolling then needed for that puzzle .
To please the people who prefer 5x5 (I am not one) how about shifting the blank lines to the right and bottom. Although, this might be complicated to program. If the puzzle is drawn online - the solver could restrict the artist to leaving no blank lines.

Réponse
12/12/02 05:40 en réponse à zandy.
The artists can move picture to top and left.

Réponse
12/12/02 21:46 en réponse à zandy.
>>Good idea, I will place it into my to do list.
>>
>>Most of puzzles are n*5 by m*5 , should I crop these too ? ( 20x20 -> 19x20 )
>
>Yes, empty lines are just annoying. Or at least I think so... *grin*

I also find filling empties annoing, but I rather have a full set of 5, otherwise it IS confusing. I sugest a compromise keep the n*5 by m*5, but fill in completely empty rows automaticaly. How's that? T.

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.