« Revenir vers Discussions

Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles

Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles
Réponse
12/12/02 07:21
Zaxa is putting up a bunch of pictures that not only don't fit on my screen, but are mostly non-white spaces, so there's no logic or problem-solving involved. I was under the impression that this site was created for puzzles and those who enjoy solving them, and that the paint by numbers pics (requiring no intelligence, just tedious square-filling) were to be left at the Extended Paint By Numbers site. People, please stop filling this site with non-puzzles. It's just so much white noise. Thank you.

Re: Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles
Réponse
13/12/02 20:11 en réponse à architectofslee.
You are right. But I only wanted to put some Christmas griddlers. I uploaded them and everything was ok. But when I tried to solve them, I just saw that the white was not excactly white, so that boxes counted like another color. That's all. If Ra100 wants to remove them, and then I will put them again whithout that off white color.

Réponse
14/12/02 08:27 en réponse à architectofslee.
>You are right. But I only wanted to put some
>Christmas griddlers. I uploaded them and
>everything was ok. But when I tried to solve
>them, I just saw that the white was not excactly
>white, so that boxes counted like another color.
>That's all. If Ra100 wants to remove them, and
>then I will put them again whithout that off
>white color.

Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded picture, then maybe the colour that's most frequent can become the background colour? Then this problem wouldn't occur. )

Réponse
14/12/02 08:40 en réponse à architectofslee.
>Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded picture, then maybe the colour that's most frequent can become the background colour? Then this problem wouldn't occur. )
What if the bg colour was chosen by the user in an explicit window. BTW the best way to choose is making that colour transparent and saving it as gif.

Réponse
14/12/02 14:46 en réponse à architectofslee.
>>Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded
>>picture, then maybe the colour that's most
>>frequent can become the background colour? Then
>>this problem wouldn't occur. )
>What if the bg colour was chosen by the user in
>an explicit window. BTW the best way to choose
>is making that colour transparent and saving it
>as gif.

Maybe something like the user choosing, like a user gets a list of the colours in the puzzle and gets to pick one of those as a background...

Saving as transparant gif if you had a bmp is just a pain as the site accepts bmps as well as gifs.

Réponse
15/12/02 16:59 en réponse à architectofslee.
>Maybe something like the user choosing, like a user gets a list of the colours in the puzzle and gets to pick one of those as a background...
I meant this.

>Saving as transparant gif if you had a bmp is just a pain as the site accepts bmps as well as gifs.
I don't think it's a pain, at least I don't dislike doing it, especially with these things like a Paint Shop Pro.
If you mean the disk space, count with me...
Maximum size is 50x50=2500 pixels. each pixel takes up to four bits. This means two pixels needs one byte of a disk space... 1250bytes for a picture itself. Plus some header and a palette which is not over 250 bytes. so all the file is not over 1.5kB(floppy's capacity is 'bout 1.4Memoticon.

Réponse
16/12/02 07:21 en réponse à architectofslee.
>I don't think it's a pain, at least I don't
>dislike doing it, especially with these things
>like a Paint Shop Pro.

I guess I'm just extremly lazy and want to use any shortcut I can.. ;p I'll agree with you on this one then. emoticon

>If you mean the disk space, count with me...
>Maximum size is 50x50=2500 pixels. each pixel
>takes up to four bits. This means two pixels
>needs one byte of a disk space... 1250bytes for
>a picture itself. Plus some header and a palette
>which is not over 250 bytes. so all the file is
>not over 1.5kB(floppy's capacity is 'bout 1.4Memoticon.

Is it really four bits? I thought it was just three (RGemoticon, but that might be me just being off after having just fiddled with simplified image handling in C..

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.