Discussions

Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles

Bascule
Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles
Réponse
12/12/02 07:21
Zaxa is putting up a bunch of pictures that not only don't fit on my screen, but are mostly non-white spaces, so there's no logic or problem-solving involved. I was under the impression that this site was created for puzzles and those who enjoy solving them, and that the paint by numbers pics (requiring no intelligence, just tedious square-filling) were to be left at the Extended Paint By Numbers site. People, please stop filling this site with non-puzzles. It's just so much white noise. Thank you.
0 (0 Voter)

Re: Paint-by-numbers are not puzzles
Réponse
13/12/02 20:11 en réponse à architectofslee.
You are right. But I only wanted to put some Christmas griddlers. I uploaded them and everything was ok. But when I tried to solve them, I just saw that the white was not excactly white, so that boxes counted like another color. That's all. If Ra100 wants to remove them, and then I will put them again whithout that off white color.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 08:27 en réponse à architectofslee.
>You are right. But I only wanted to put some
>Christmas griddlers. I uploaded them and
>everything was ok. But when I tried to solve
>them, I just saw that the white was not excactly
>white, so that boxes counted like another color.
>That's all. If Ra100 wants to remove them, and
>then I will put them again whithout that off
>white color.

Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded picture, then maybe the colour that's most frequent can become the background colour? Then this problem wouldn't occur. )
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 08:40 en réponse à architectofslee.
>Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded picture, then maybe the colour that's most frequent can become the background colour? Then this problem wouldn't occur. )
What if the bg colour was chosen by the user in an explicit window. BTW the best way to choose is making that colour transparent and saving it as gif.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 14:46 en réponse à architectofslee.
>>Ra100, an idea.. If you take an uploaded
>>picture, then maybe the colour that's most
>>frequent can become the background colour? Then
>>this problem wouldn't occur. )
>What if the bg colour was chosen by the user in
>an explicit window. BTW the best way to choose
>is making that colour transparent and saving it
>as gif.

Maybe something like the user choosing, like a user gets a list of the colours in the puzzle and gets to pick one of those as a background...

Saving as transparant gif if you had a bmp is just a pain as the site accepts bmps as well as gifs.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/12/02 16:59 en réponse à architectofslee.
>Maybe something like the user choosing, like a user gets a list of the colours in the puzzle and gets to pick one of those as a background...
I meant this.

>Saving as transparant gif if you had a bmp is just a pain as the site accepts bmps as well as gifs.
I don't think it's a pain, at least I don't dislike doing it, especially with these things like a Paint Shop Pro.
If you mean the disk space, count with me...
Maximum size is 50x50=2500 pixels. each pixel takes up to four bits. This means two pixels needs one byte of a disk space... 1250bytes for a picture itself. Plus some header and a palette which is not over 250 bytes. so all the file is not over 1.5kB(floppy's capacity is 'bout 1.4Memoticon.
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/12/02 07:21 en réponse à architectofslee.
>I don't think it's a pain, at least I don't
>dislike doing it, especially with these things
>like a Paint Shop Pro.

I guess I'm just extremly lazy and want to use any shortcut I can.. ;p I'll agree with you on this one then. emoticon

>If you mean the disk space, count with me...
>Maximum size is 50x50=2500 pixels. each pixel
>takes up to four bits. This means two pixels
>needs one byte of a disk space... 1250bytes for
>a picture itself. Plus some header and a palette
>which is not over 250 bytes. so all the file is
>not over 1.5kB(floppy's capacity is 'bout 1.4Memoticon.

Is it really four bits? I thought it was just three (RGemoticon, but that might be me just being off after having just fiddled with simplified image handling in C..
0 (0 Voter)

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.