Discussions

Confusing Page Numbers

Bascule
Confusing Page Numbers
Réponse
11/12/02 07:23
I think it is confusing that the pages are renumbered every time new puzzles are added. I can never know which puzzles I already saw. Perhaps the pages should be numbered so the puzzles always stay in the page thay started with?
Thanks for listening
T.
0 (0 Voter)

Re: Confusing Page Numbers
Réponse
12/12/02 12:41 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>I think it is confusing that the pages are renumbered every time new puzzles are added. I can never know which puzzles I already saw. Perhaps the pages should be numbered so the puzzles always stay in the page thay started with?

Umm, where do you add new ones then? At the end? Should you then automatically start on the last page, but if you then do "Hide Solved" you get some odd behaviour. Either I miseunderstand you, or I don't agree. )
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
12/12/02 20:34 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>>I think it is confusing that the pages are renumbered every time new puzzles are added. I can never know which puzzles I already saw. Perhaps the pages should be numbered so the puzzles always stay in the page thay started with?
>
>Umm, where do you add new ones then? At the end? Should you then automatically start on the last page, but if you then do "Hide Solved" you get some odd behaviour. Either I miseunderstand you, or I don't agree. )

I mean to renumber the pages so that page 1 should contain the oldest puzzels and the new puzzles will be added to the last page, with the highest number. Do you still not agree? (
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 08:25 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>>Umm, where do you add new ones then? At the
>>end? Should you then automatically start on the
>>last page, but if you then do "Hide Solved" you
>>get some odd behaviour. Either I miseunderstand
>>you, or I don't agree. )
>
>I mean to renumber the pages so that page 1
>should contain the oldest puzzels and the new
>puzzles will be added to the last page, with the
>highest number. Do you still not agree? (

It would make sense, true, but I don't agree because it would take longer time to see if there are any new puzzles and if you go on hide solved you will get odd behaviour if you're on the last page. But, if you want to find the last puzzle you didn't solve (if you do them id by id) just Hide Solved and go to the last page on the list. ) I'm sorry that I don't agree.. (
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 18:41 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>>I mean to renumber the pages so that page 1
>>should contain the oldest puzzels and the new
>>puzzles will be added to the last page, with the highest number. Do you still not agree? (
>
>It would make sense, true, but I don't agree because it would take longer time to see if there are any new puzzles and if you go on hide solved you will get odd behaviour if you're on the last page. But, if you want to find the last puzzle you didn't solve (if you do them id by id) just Hide Solved and go to the last page on the list. ) I'm sorry that I don't agree.. (

It won't take longer if the last page is presented first The list of page numbers will start at the last page and go down to 1. Would that be better?
(BTW, the reason I want this I don't solve all the puzzles, so I go by page num to look for ones I like. The browser paint the places I visited and I want to use that fact, and I can't if the puzzles don't stay in the original page)
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
14/12/02 19:22 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>It won't take longer if the last page is
>presented first The list of page numbers will
>start at the last page and go down to 1. Would
>that be better?

The problem here is that if you're on the last page and do a "Hide Solved" you will still be on the last page, but it'll be empty, and so will all the pages between where you are until you find the one that has the first unsolved puzzle on it. Which can be quite annoying..
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
15/12/02 17:04 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>The problem here is that if you're on the last page and do a "Hide Solved" you will still be on the last page, but it'll be empty, and so will all the pages between where you are until you find the one that has the first unsolved puzzle on it. Which can be quite annoying..

I am confused. I asumed the pages are renumbered when you "hide solved", like they are renumbered when you sort them by any other category...
0 (0 Voter)

Réponse
16/12/02 07:23 en réponse à Tally Axel.
>>The problem here is that if you're on the last page and do a "Hide Solved" you will still be on the last page, but it'll be empty, and so will all the pages between where you are until you find the one that has the first unsolved puzzle on it. Which can be quite annoying..
>
>
>I am confused. I asumed the pages are renumbered
>when you "hide solved", like they are renumbered
>when you sort them by any other category...

They are, but if you're on page 72 and you hide solved and there are only enough puzzles to cover 20 pages you will still be on page 72 and you have to do a guessing game of where you were, or go to the first page, let it figure out how many pages there really is, then you can go to the last page... At least that's the behaviour I've experienced.
0 (0 Voter)

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.