Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
User Names 3
Réponse
24/02/12 07:14
On another forum, I was Shadow7, because I like black/shadows/darkness, etc. (yeah, slight goth tendencies...) Conversational nickname became "Shad", and I added an underscore when I added more logins, because I figured few people would end their names with underscores, but most places do allow it. Had Shad_ been taken, I'd probably have added back the 7.

RE: User Names 3
Réponse
25/02/12 16:13 en réponse à Shad_.
Mine is an obscure scientific term (it was actually only used in one paper so far, they changed from the Greek to the Latin root) for the closest approach by an orbiting body to a black hole. I originally wanted perimelasma (the much more well-known equivalent), but it was taken on the first site I used to sign up.

Réponse
25/02/12 19:00 en réponse à perinigricon.
My user name started when I first signed up for internet (I was a late bloomer).  I had a hard time with it and then I thought of all things, "what would your mother say?". All I thought of was "oh wendi", or "wendi-witch", but then I remembered how mom would always yell at me that dreaded first and middle name when you knew you were in deep trouble (which was always me), so "WENDIANN" was born of course in all caps because it was always a yell!  Of course being the late bloomer, someone else had "wendiann" so I added the day I was born...."wendiann24". I guess it's been a good 15 years of me using it for everything, besides ICQ and that was my name in Hawaiian "weneki", but hard for many to pronounce and wasn't the real me anymore.

It's not as interesting as the rest of you, but mom asked, so being a good little girl (that I am not) I answered...just don't yell at me anymore mom! *lol*

Hey it's better than what my sister calls me still after 41 years...PITA, meaning Pain In The Ass.

Réponse
01/03/12 18:42 en réponse à wendiann24.
When I saw that "Steve" was already taken, I said "Oh #%&$"...then shortened it to just "o"

Steveo

Réponse
02/03/12 09:33 en réponse à steveo.
Miepf is just the name of my cat.... second name "one accident a day"
Attachement

Pièces jointes: P1040007.JPG (720,2k)

Réponse
02/03/12 18:31 en réponse à wendiann24.
Mine is boring, too-- first initial + last name. Very easy to remember, though!!! I might, for originality's sake, think about changing it, but then I'm not quite the creative type that some of you are...

Réponse
02/03/12 21:50 en réponse à Shad_.
Mine is just my name, Janet Miles.  I have no creativity :-) .

Réponse
03/03/12 13:33 en réponse à janetmiles.
My nom is the shortened form of my first name, used primarily by my family.

Réponse
25/04/12 07:36 en réponse à georgie.
Back in 2007, my 20-year-old daughter was asking me on the phone for a name for her to use for an email address.  The problem was that every time we came up with a name, it was already taken.  So I started getting a little risque with names.  When I suggested "PretzelLegs", she laughed and said "No".  Then I thought of "CreamyPretzel", which is NOT risque, but she gave it a thumbs-down vote.  I liked it, so I used it.  For the last 5 years, I have used it for addresses and member names on numerous sites.  If you see "CreamyPretzel" on the web, chances are it is me (Try Googling it).

One day I will start making my own Griddlers for this site.  Maybe I'll do a pretzel.....

Réponse
17/10/12 00:15 en réponse à Shad_.
Mine is a derivative of my last name, Jencks. It is pronounced just like jinx. Anyway, I was creating a language at the time and "be" was a prefix when added to a word made the word divine. Also in this language, they didn't have capital letters but they marked proper names by doubling a letter. They didn't have to double the first letter because in that language, any double letter meant it was a proper name.

I also thought it was funny how it fits the pattern of words like bewitched, bewildered, and bemused. I am bejjinksed.

With the unusual way I came up with my name, I was surprised to find someone else using the same name but so far, I've only found one other person using my name and I think he's stopped. I haven't heard from him in a long while. So bejjinks is all my own.

Réponse
04/08/13 13:11 en réponse à bejjinks.
Mine is short for czech papouch (parrot). In reality the guy who talks too much

Réponse
04/08/13 11:15 en réponse à Shad_.
I chose my name by one of my favorites movies "Trainspotting" character played by Johnny Lee Miller.

Réponse
04/08/13 14:02 en réponse à Sickboy19.
Mine is for my favourite character from the best book (as well as a film) ever written/made. And her very famous quote represents something that I strongly believe in: There is always hope.

Réponse
04/08/13 14:47 en réponse à arwen_undomiel.
Mine is the name of a dog from the anime Detective Loki.

Réponse
04/08/13 12:08 en réponse à Shad_.
Thats my name. Only written in a different way. I'm Łukasz.

Réponse
05/08/13 20:30 en réponse à Shad_.
In 1999 I began playing an online game called Asheron's Call.  My in-game name at the time was a variation of my middle name which begins with a J.  I was playing on a friend's account so when I started my own account I needed a new character and a new name.  I wanted to keep a name begining with "J" because my friends were always calling me just J.  I found that Jayna is derived fromt he Sanskrit word for "victory" which seems appropriate in an online game about killing monsters.  I went with Jayna and it has stuck.

The HG is the abbreviation for the server I played in Asheron's Call called Harvestgain.

Réponse
05/08/13 21:47 en réponse à Shad_.
Well my nick is not that special... i just like dragons... maybe as to call myseld a maniac... hence dragoniak!

Réponse
15/11/13 19:07 en réponse à Shad_.
My username is a nickname my childhood best friend gave me, a variation of my first name Audrey.

Réponse
07/12/13 23:31 en réponse à Shad_.
My username is a  (not important) hero's name from from a book- "Don Kichot" + pl (Poland)

Réponse
08/12/13 05:10 en réponse à Zoraidapl.
My username started as just "Rey", the name of the protagonist of a manhwa I'd just started reading and was super into.  It was in fifth grade, for the first website I ever signed up on (other than probably Neopets).  My friend created the website, so there wasn't a lot of competition for usernames.  A couple years later in life, when I tried to sign up on Kingdom of Loathing, it was of course already grabbed, so I settled for Rey2.  Another player saw this and chose to interpret it not as the second Rey, but as Rey to the second power--and so when my account eventually got deleted for inactivity and I decided to sign up again, I guess the idea stuck.

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.