RE: What type of puzzles do you like? nancynga 22/11/13 13:17
What type of puzzles do you like? xristina-xa 26/11/13 09:00
RE: What type of puzzles do you like? mauvejet 26/11/13 19:40
RE: What type of puzzles do you like? AliceMagdalena 29/11/13 10:35
RE: What type of puzzles do you like? rkfox319 28/01/14 04:59
What type of puzzles do you like?
Réponse
22/07/12 22:24
We have asked this question several times before, but when we did it was always about griddlers. Now, with 14 different type of puzzles, the question is not longer related to griddlers (nonograms) only.

So...

What kind of Griddlers do you like?
Do you like to solve black and white puzzles? Color ones? Small? Big? With/without triangles?
Or do you like to solve puzzles randomly?

How about MultiGriddlers?

Do you have a preferable author?
Do you use the Themes to browse through subjects and select your
favorite puzzles?

And what about Triddlers?

Since the NLP (Number Logic Puzzles) were added, have your preferences changed?
Do you do some of them every day/month?
Have you tried them all - Sudoku, Killer, Greater Than/Less Than, Kakuro, Kenken, Futoshiki, Straights, Skyscraper, Binary?

The last type of puzzle we have added is the Word Search.
Have you tried it?
And what about the Word Search with Pictures?

We are curious to know your preferences, and for that we opened this special forum.

RE: What type of puzzles do you like?
Réponse
21/07/12 12:38 en réponse à hagitm.
I do have an abolutely favourite author of multi griddlers: Solior!!!! I do like the houses or rooms in these puzzles so much!

Réponse
21/07/12 12:55 en réponse à hagitm.
I like 30x30 Black and White Multi-Griddlers. Can push to 35x35.

Réponse
21/07/12 13:08 en réponse à hagitm.
I like 50x50 3-color griddlers (or multigriddlers parts). Preferable author: Andreasss.
Since NLPs were added my preferences changed. I solve griddlers/triddlers less than before (twice a month or less).

I solve NLPs almost every day. I like Straights most but I like also all other kinds of NLPs.

I tried also Word Search puzzles and I do not like them much. I would appreciate if they were in other languages than English (in mother language of solver, e.g. in Slovak for me).

Réponse
21/07/12 16:00 en réponse à hagitm.
I love color puzzles. They turn out so much more interesting pictures than black and white puzzles do. I'm not so fond of triangles in puzzles. I've enjoyed triangles in some puzzles but found them to be just annoying in other puzzles.

I like mid sized puzzles. The bigger puzzles are challenging but often take all day and I'm too busy to spend that much time. The mid sized puzzles seem to be just challenging enough without taking up my entire day.

I'm undecided about which I prefer, griddlers or triddlers. Griddlers are much easier to count because of the grid and with the alt key, they are much easier to fill in those large zones of a single color. If the alt key was available in a triddler or if triddlers added some sort of grid to make counting easier, triddlers would be my favorite but because I sometimes have to count twenty to thirty spaces at a time just to color one triangle, triddlers can get a little tedious.

As for themes, I seem to go through seasons of which themes I prefer. Currently I'm running through all the map themed puzzles but who knows what theme I'll get into next.

I do the NLP's and word searches occasionally but the griddlers and triddlers are still my favorites.

Réponse
21/07/12 18:10 en réponse à hagitm.
multigridds b/w 30*30 from elimaor, they are the best

Réponse
21/07/12 20:35 en réponse à hagitm.
I like large color puzzles, especially Mudshark's celebrity faces. They are very interesting and I love seeing the faces appear out of what feels like random color pixels.

Réponse
21/07/12 23:38 en réponse à hagitm.
I think I prefer the coloured multis, but once in a while I solve a big single B/W puzzle too. I often get stuck in one author at a time, first it was mustafademirbas, then Strangesounds and now I am stuck trying to solve soliors puzzles. But when I read the question I see that I have missed a lot of types of puzzles, must come back to this question later, I think. But I know that I absolutely love to solve griddlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Réponse
22/07/12 01:32 en réponse à hagitm.
I love griddlers, been hanging out here for eight years! wow
Triddlers are nice too. I prefer to do nlp with paper and pencil.
There are some griddler creators that I do recognize their names - those who make lovely pictures - I make sure to try their new puzzles. 
To find griddlers: I just search in the new griddler section and try those which are highly rated by others.
I find that 35x35 is the max size that I am comfortable working on - though they may be part of a multi-grid.
Thanks to all of you who make this website possible!

Réponse
22/07/12 03:37 en réponse à hagitm.
I am, at the moment, trying to get all the medium, color griddlers done and am going back to front.  Am not at about page 233.  Have done some of the easier multigriddlers and enjoyed them.  Prefer color, don't mind some triangles.  Like puzzels with more than 1 box for each color.  Enjoy landscape puzzels, but the variety is nice.  Plan on trying other puzzels as time allows, will have to say, though, triddlers are beyond me.
Thanks for the lovely puzzels and thanks to the people who make them.
mariech

Réponse
22/07/12 05:04 en réponse à hagitm.
Did someone say they were stuck on MY Griddlers? LOL - I did one multi and didn't think it was that hard emoticon

Anyway...

Word Search - I like them, but I dislike the choice of words in the search (I mentioned this to Hagit in an email weeks ago) as this is a family site.  Furthermore, the largest puzzles are difficult to do easily since the size has to be reduced to see the whole puzzle and the word list.

Triddlers - HATE them.  I've done a few hundred and I still can't seem to grasp them to a point of comfortable solving; as I have trouble with the tiny ones.

Griddlers - I don't have a preference per se; although I do like the multis a little more due to the "surprise" of the bigger picture instead of solving the whole picture in one puzzle.  Color ones are obviously prone to having better results; but there are some genius B&W's out there.  I really don't care for triangles in the puzzles; some work for the bigger picture; others just seem to be there for agony.  I don't have a particular favorite author as there are several in my saved lists that I bounce back and forth between.

Number Logic - Luv 'em.  Been doing them for 3 months now and over half-way through them all.  But like the word searches, I think some of them are a pain in the butt due to having to reduce the size to see the bigger picture (i.e. Samurai).  Still I like the wide variety and would love to see more Killer and more Kenken (as the extra math required is fun to do; while Kakuro can be found in many newspapers and logic books already).

Réponse
22/07/12 09:38 en réponse à JennyCavilleri.
I like:
1) griddlers
2) multigriddlers
3) Triddlers
4) Sudoku (4 or 5)

Nie rozumiem, na czym polega "Word Search" (nie znam angielskiego, nie znam więc słów po angielsku).

Réponse
22/07/12 12:38 en réponse à hagitm.
I like griddles ands multi-griddlers the most.
For them I mostly like colored ones, but sometimes like black-white too.
a little use of triangles, is ok. a lot of triangles, makes my eyes go mad emoticon
As in multi's, I like 35x35 as the max, then I don't have to scroll when solving.

Triddlers, no don't like them.

Wordsearch, is not my thing either emoticon

I like some of the NLP, but mostly like to do them on paper instead of on the computer

Réponse
22/07/12 13:23 en réponse à hagitm.
First off - a great big thank you to everyone involved in bringing this site to us! It's amazing!

As to the type of puzzles - I do love the multi-griddlers the best - preferably in colour and right now I am working my way through the animation/cartoon themes. This is probably because I am farily new to the site (less than 1 year) and haven't mastered all the skills of solving the large B&W puzzles.

I managed a few small triddlers but again - haven't really mastered them yet.

I am horrible at math so don't spend alot of time playing the NLP. I did solve some straights though.

Word Search - I was very happy to see this game added but am having problems solving the larger ones - because the screen seizes up all the time and take so long to release and let me move forward.

Thanks also to all the contributors and griddler authors - I hope to be playing here for a long time ... Nexxie

Réponse
22/07/12 21:58 en réponse à NexxiaGirl.
NexxiaGirl:
Word Search - I was very happy to see this game added but am having problems solving the larger ones - because the screen seizes up all the time and take so long to release and let me move forward.
You probably use IE. Try Firefox. It is very fast! :-)

Réponse
22/07/12 22:36 en réponse à Strangesounds.
Strangesounds:
Word Search - I like them, but I dislike the choice of words in the search (I mentioned this to Hagit in an email weeks ago) as this is a family site.

And it still is!

We use Webster dictionary for the Word Search puzzles. Unfortunately, four letter words appear in that dictionary as well, but once you told us about it, we created a list of "bad" words (words we don't use in the puzzles) and fixed all the puzzles that were already online.

We check the puzzles on a regular basis, and if we find a new "bad" word - we add it to our very long list of "bad" words and check puzzles that are online as well.

If we fail to notice a "bad" word, please send us a message and we will remove it.

Hagit

Réponse
23/07/12 12:16 en réponse à hagitm.
Trigglers that can be solve in 45 min to 1 hr. Prefer B&W over color.
Edgar

Réponse
25/07/12 17:09 en réponse à hagitm.
Oh my goodness - thank you so much!  I was using IE and was super frustrated.  But you actually read my post and answered - I downloaded FireFox and solved a puzzle in 8 minutes that normally would have take me over 1/2 an hour! 

Plus my e-mail works again as well!  It used to work and then stopped and that was a little irritating but - it's working great now!  

thanks again Hagitm ... keep up the superb work!

Réponse
25/07/12 19:44 en réponse à hagitm.
my favorite kind are Black-White MultiGriddlers of 30X30. No triangles, no colores. Simple and beutiful.

Réponse
29/07/12 08:08 en réponse à hagitm.
What kind of Griddlers do you like? 
Do you like to solve black and white puzzles? Color ones? Small? Big? With/without triangles?
-I like all the griddlers except the triangle ones.  It is difficult for me to see the triangles clearly.  I can do them when the boxes are bigger, but not the normal small boxes.

How about MultiGriddlers?
I have tried one or two, but I enjoy the simple griddlers more.

No preferred author sorry.

Do you use the Themes to browse through subjects and select your favorite puzzles?  
I actually sort by size, smallest by biggest.

And what about Triddlers?  
I am currently going through them one by one, smallest to largest.  It is a work in progress. (lol)

Since the NLP (Number Logic Puzzles) were added, have your preferences changed?
I do them occasionally, and I enjoy the fact that it is on the same site as my griddlers/triddlers. emoticon

I generally get on the site and do a few puzzles each week, some weeks more than others.  It really depends on my work schedule, as I come here sometimes to unwind from work and just de-stress.

Have you tried them all?  
I enjoy Sudoku and Kakuro.  Have not tried the others.
Sudoku, Killer, Greater Than/Less Than, Kakuro, Kenken, Futoshiki, Straights, Skyscraper, Binary.

The last type of puzzle we have added is the Word Search. Have you tried it?
I have not yet, but now that I know it is there I will!

And what about the Word Search with Pictures?
Sounds interesting.

Réponse
29/07/12 07:55 en réponse à hagitm.
MultiGriddlers. emoticon

Réponse
30/07/12 23:00 en réponse à Strangesounds.
Strangesounds:
Did someone say they were stuck on MY Griddlers? LOL - I did one multi and didn't think it was that hard emoticon
Hello, I did not mean that I was STUCK on your griddlers in the meaning that they were hard to do, I meant that I had an erge to do your griddlers and therefore I did them all, as I did with mustafademirbas and now I am doing the same with solior. Maybe your griddlers weren't that hard to do, but I liked them and hope that you will do some more. I think that if one do griddlers from the same author, it someway becomes easier than if you mix them. Now I will finish doing "The Station" by solior. Bye

Réponse
31/07/12 01:27 en réponse à hagitm.
hagitm:
We have asked this question several times before, but when we did it was always about griddlers. Now, with 14 different type of puzzles, the question is not longer related to griddlers (nonograms) only.

So...

Pretty much all of them except those with more than a handful of triangles. I do favour B&W over colour generally but there are always exceptions. Remarkably I've been a bit disappointed with the multi-mega points puzzles. Some of them are so obviously construed with only that in mind.

The bigger the better emoticon

Quite a few actually. elimaor in general and for multi's. zjmonty/outlaw is unequalled artistically. There are TNT and Andreass in the multi's too. I also have a weak spot for the funny guys, specifically hi19h19's Alien series and steveo's Griddler Guys.

But this is a dangerous question. I'm sure I'm forgetting people right now and there are many -if not all- worthwile authors.

favorite puzzles?
Yes, occasionally.

Same problem as when there's a lot of triangles in Griddlers : I find them terribly confusing.

Have you tried them all - Sudoku, Killer, Greater Than/Less Than, Kakuro, Kenken, Futoshiki, Straights, Skyscraper, Binary?
I've done a few but you can't do everything and I don't do them anymore.

Have you tried it?
Yes, and those I do like; a welcome distraction when the Griddlers become a blur emoticon
There's one problem with those : it's extra challenging -and for some perhaps impossible- when you're not a native English speaker.

We are curious to know your preferences, and for that we opened this special forum.
There's no link here ?

Réponse
04/08/13 12:24 en réponse à hagitm.
I love the Multi Griddlers. Espescially the ones with 50+ pictures and only two colours

Réponse
04/08/13 17:23 en réponse à hagitm.
Usually architecture, cars, logos, and sport/game related puzzles.

Réponse
04/08/13 19:37 en réponse à hagitm.
Hi,
I like 2-coloured puzzels, all sizes from 25x25 up.

Réponse
04/08/13 20:38 en réponse à hagitm.

I like: 1. Griddlers, multigriddlers;
         2. NLPs (sudoku, binnary);
         3. Triddlers already well see;
         4. I do not know English, so I do not like Word Search;

Réponse
05/08/13 14:16 en réponse à hagitm.
Love solving b&W griddlers of any size, without too many triangles, Color griddlers ar fun too.

I don't regularely solve triddlers (my puzzling time is restricted and I do love griddlers & nlp's... though choice).

LOVE LOVE LOVE nlp's, tried them all, love 'm all.

Word search is great, WS with pictures is fun, would be great if you added some more (I've solved all of those already ;) )

It's a great site, thanks for all the brilliant hours, I can always find a puzzle that suits my mood/time. 

Réponse
05/08/13 17:27 en réponse à hagitm.
My favourite are griddlers up to 30x25, black&white. I want to solve them all. There's 77 pages of them now (paging by 100) and I've already solved 35 emoticon

Réponse
05/08/13 22:23 en réponse à hagitm.
I prefer Triddlers and Large Multi-Griddlers.

Réponse
06/08/13 02:10 en réponse à hagitm.
I like multigriddlers the best.  I prefer to go randomly (by midtime) until I find a puzzle I really like.  I generally prefer 30 x 30, but do all sizes.  I am not a big fan of triangles.    I also like kenken and kakuro (but I prefer to solve kenken with pencil and paper).

Réponse
06/08/13 14:51 en réponse à hagitm.
I really like the griddlers. Multi-griddlers are fun too, but I don't always have the time. And I have always found it difficult to get into the swing of Triddlers, though I've played them just to change things up a bit.

Since the Number Logic Puzzles and the Word Search Puzzles have been added, there's so much more choices since I've always liked both as pencil and paper puzzles. Lately, I've been super occupied with solving all the Word Search puzzles. Sorta make it my daily fix to solve all the newest ones first and then work my way back through the older ones as I have time. This site is an addiction! Love it!

Réponse
07/08/13 15:33 en réponse à hagitm.
I prefer coloured Multi-Gridds without triangles, and i think the bigger and more detailed the better they get emoticon
Mostly i do gridds from the themes i like most, e.g. my favourite films and series or animals i like.

Réponse
07/08/13 16:45 en réponse à hagitm.
I like the Multi-griddlers the bigger the better, I also prefer them coloured . I like doing word searches as well emoticon

Réponse
07/08/13 20:19 en réponse à hagitm.

I choose about themes and mid-time, the other preferences are random. But I not really like triangles.

I love them! Make the basic puzzles more difficult.

Yes, and some authors whose puzzles I can't solve. emoticon For example I like dreamtheater's puzzles.

favorite puzzles?

Of course! I prefer this method than browsing all the puzzles to find something good.

Like them, but griddlers are my favourite.

I tried all, and I like it. Sudokus and Skyscrapers are my taste.

Have you tried it?

Well, I have always loved them, but with pictures... no, not the best puzzles. Original word search puzzles are better.

Réponse
09/08/13 14:11 en réponse à hagitm.
my favorites are black and white with no triangles

Réponse
09/08/13 21:43 en réponse à hagitm.
Personally, I prefer the large multigriddlers in colour.  They take time and effort to get through, so I always feel very accomplished when I do.  I would, however, prefer large multigriddlers with smaller individual griddlers (does that make sense?).  For example, I believe the smallest grid is 30x30 squares or something on the large multigriddlers?  I would like it if there were multigriddlers of, say, 15x15 squares, but still with 100 pieces or more.  That way, each individual griddler would take less time, but there would be more griddlers to solve.  A 100 piece griddler with each griddler being 50x50 squares can be something of a daunting task.  I also would like to see single griddlers with larger dimensions than 50x50 squares.  What else?  Oh yeah, this place is amazing!  Also addicting.  Ahem.

Réponse
09/08/13 23:50 en réponse à hagitm.
I like word search, it's so peaceful

Réponse
10/08/13 18:31 en réponse à hagitm.
I like every kind of multigriddler, specially b&w!!

Réponse
16/08/13 12:54 en réponse à hagitm.
I prefer black and white griddlers. Especially: personality, movies and television, music, cartoon and comics and griddlers riddles :-)

Réponse
17/08/13 06:37 en réponse à hagitm.
I definitely like multigriddlers the most, but anything that is challenging and as close to photorealistic as possible is always a winner.  As far as the themes my favorites are sports, cartoons and comics, and celebrities.

Réponse
18/08/13 17:51 en réponse à hagitm.
I like multi-griddlers the best.  Usually 30x30 but I'll do some that are a bit bigger and 2 colors, 4 max.

Réponse
19/08/13 09:25 en réponse à hagitm.
Hi!

I love multi griddlers, especially with not too bright colours. I also like black&white ones... Number logic puzzles are also not too bad - I always liked thememoticon

Réponse
19/08/13 13:24 en réponse à hagitm.
ı was solving gridlers. but nowadays ı am dealing with triddlers and thay are so good. and ı am triying to get 5th star.

Réponse
19/08/13 15:05 en réponse à hagitm.
I love black and white Griddlers <3 emoticon and biiiig multi ;)

Réponse
20/08/13 06:18 en réponse à hagitm.
I like black-and-white griddlers (multi or single) of any size and theme, with no triangles.  I've mostly done small ones, because I can do a few of them real quick before moving on to other stuff.  Black-and-white triddlers are fun too, although I haven't had nearly as much practice with them.  I'm not a fan of color puzzles or ones with triangles.  They look nice when finished, sure, but they're very tedious to solve.

I've only done a handful of NLPs, mostly the smallest binary ones because they're quick and easy.  They're all pretty fun, though, but I mostly come here for the griddlers  emoticon  I'm not a fan of word-searches.

Réponse
22/08/13 01:31 en réponse à ftgable.
I love the riddles!  It's an extra bonus to the multi-griddlers I love so much!  emoticon

Réponse
22/08/13 18:21 en réponse à hagitm.
I love the multi-griddlers.  I began with the single, one color griddlers, moved on to the multi-colored griddlers.  Now I absolutely love the multi-griddlers, especially when there are many different colors.  I find them extremely challenging and a lot of fun.

Réponse
23/08/13 13:24 en réponse à hagitm.
i am definitely more of a griddler person; have been doing them in magazines for 13yrs now (just discovered this site 4months ago)
the multi-griddlers are a lot of fun. i'll go back and forth between b&w and the color ones.  it's more about what the picture is about for me that makes it more fun to solve

Réponse
04/09/13 12:52 en réponse à hagitm.
multicoloured multi griddlers

Réponse
17/09/13 02:25 en réponse à hagitm.
Big colorful multis are my favorite....w/o triangles!

Réponse
18/09/13 06:01 en réponse à hagitm.
I like 50x50 b/w griddlers/multigriddlers the most emoticon

Réponse
18/09/13 18:56 en réponse à hagitm.
My favorites are black and white griddlers without triangles and no more than 40 high.  I like the whole puzzle on the screen and taller than that I really have to struggle to see.  I think I need a bigger screen.

Réponse
24/09/13 01:58 en réponse à hagitm.
My favorite type of puzzle is larger, mostly difficult multi-griddlers.

Réponse
24/09/13 11:15 en réponse à ngirard623.
I definitely like Triddlers the most! Griddlers are ok, but it's amazing how it just takes me MUCH more time to solve them.... Anyway - the colour ones in both cases are my favorites emoticon

Réponse
24/09/13 22:57 en réponse à hagitm.
i prefer tough and challenging puzzles-it doesn't matter if it is griddler or triddler. and i dislike triangles in griddlers. 

Réponse
26/09/13 02:49 en réponse à pespejo427.
I'm learning out to work on triddlers, but I have trouble with the ones that don't fit on the screen.  I tend to lose count when I have to move the picture up/down/or sideways.  If I zoom out, then the picture is too small and I can't see what I'm doing.  

Réponse
26/09/13 06:22 en réponse à pespejo427.
Try pressing F11 key for full screen view. sometimes it helps

Réponse
17/11/13 18:33 en réponse à hagitm.
I guess I have a less popular opinion, but I love triddlers more than anything...

Réponse
22/11/13 07:25 en réponse à hagitm.
My favorite kind of type are colorful Triddlers, sorry but the number puzzels are a must for the stars but I absolutely don't like them

Réponse
22/11/13 13:17 en réponse à hagitm.
I like the griddlers.  Prefer the black and white (2 colors), because all the necessary colors are on the mouse buttons.  Prefer no more than 30 squares tall because scrolling up and down makes it difficult to count, and multiples of 5 because of the marker bands.  Too picky, I guess.  Ha! 

Adding a blank space after runs is so automatic now, it is difficult to switch back and forth from multple colors to two, cause I'm always sticking in a background space by accident. emoticon

What type of puzzles do you like?
Réponse
26/11/13 09:00 en réponse à hagitm.
i love multis... especially solior's....
i recently discovered binary and i'm obsessed!!!

Réponse
26/11/13 19:40 en réponse à hagitm.
30 x 30 BW griddlers!!

Réponse
29/11/13 10:35 en réponse à hagitm.
I love multigriddlers from solior.

Réponse
28/01/14 04:59 en réponse à hagitm.
My favorites are the color multigriddlers,  but have just started trying the triddlers and found i do like these but can't do the larger ones just yet.

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.