« Revenir vers iGridd Applet

Weird save problem

Vue combinée Vue Plate Arborescence
Threads [ Previous | Suivant ]
toggle
Weird save problem
Réponse
08/01/13 20:08
This has happened to me at least four times in the last week. At first I thought I'd made the error, but it's not something I did wrong.

I save my puzzles pretty frequently. Sometimes when I've made a mistake, I want to close out the puzzle and go back to my last Save.  When closing the applet, there is a choice to save, not save, or cancel. I carefully click No. Then, when I reopen the puzzle, it was saved anyway (with the mistakes).

Is anyone else having this problem? I've been tackling some tough puzzles lately and now I've ended up giving up because it's way to much work to start over.

RE: Weird save problem
Réponse
08/01/13 20:29 en réponse à elisadavis.
I can't say I've ever encountered it and testing it a few times just now didn't give any unintended saves.

Réponse
08/01/13 21:47 en réponse à Dominiek.
I don't know if it would make a difference, but I'm using a Mac running OS 10.6.8

I use Firefox, although of course the app is in Java. I am up to date.

I haven't checked to see if this happens if I haven't saved at least once already, but it definitely happens if I've saved earlier (that is, that when I close the puzzle, it saves even if I ask that it not save).

Réponse
09/01/13 12:24 en réponse à elisadavis.
The save record is in your computer's cache memory. Therefore, even if you click close without saving and open the puzzle right away - what you'll see is not what you expect to see!

In order to clear the cache memory go to another puzzle and back to your puzzle. Only then open it. This time you'll get what you want.

Modérateurs du Forum : griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.