« Vissza Discussions -ra

Puzzles You Just Don't Enjoy Solving?

Kombinált nézet Egyszerű nézet Fa-nézet
Threads [ Előző | Következő ]
toggle
Puzzles You Just Don't Enjoy Solving?
Válasz
2011.01.01. 1:25
We always hear about people's favorite types of puzzles (size, # colors, multi, triddlers, themes, etc.).....

But which puzzles do you find you'ld rather solve them later?

Me, it's got to be the larger black & white puzzles. Simply because there's usually too many small clues around the borders to give me a good starting point. :help:

RE: Puzzles You Just Don't Enjoy Solving?
Válasz
2011.01.01. 2:37 válaszként erre: wbennett.
I don't like griddlers with too many triangles (ca. over 25% of clues).
Also I don't like griddlers where number of rows or columns is not a multiple of 5.
I obviously do mistakes in such griddlers.

Válasz
2011.01.01. 14:47 válaszként erre: wbennett.
I hate the ones where the author hides the mistakes near the end instead of at the beginning,

Válasz
2011.01.01. 19:37 válaszként erre: steveo.
steveo:
I hate the ones where the author hides the mistakes near the end instead of at the beginning,

I'm totally lost as to what you're referring to.

Do you have any examples of this?

Válasz
2011.01.02. 12:21 válaszként erre: wbennett.
Just kidding. I hate finding my errors late, instead of early.

Válasz
2011.01.02. 18:41 válaszként erre: wbennett.
Any griddler with triangles.

Válasz
2011.01.03. 8:48 válaszként erre: edgarfrancois.
Same for me. Triangles may improve the looks of the picture, but completely distort the flow of solving. It's like there are up to 40 colours. And I can completely understand the 8 colour limit..

Válasz
2011.01.03. 10:10 válaszként erre: flim.
I, too, am not a big fan of too many triangles. For that reason, I wish the site moderators would let authors create larger puzzles without triangles rather than forcing them to create smaller puzzles, which forces them to have to use lots of triangles in order to get the same amount of detail. (I got bit by that a few years back when I tried to submit a multi of the Torino Winter Olympics logo with very few triangles; they insisted that I redo it in a smaller size, but I couldn't pull it off without having to use so many triangles as to make it confusing to solve, so I just gave up on that one.)

OTOH, triangles in moderation isn't bad.

Válasz
2011.01.05. 13:33 válaszként erre: wbennett.
I don't like that griddlers that have colums and/or rows which are not a multiple of 5. It's so much better if you can use that lines after 5 boxes...
And I don't like solving griddlers which similiar colours, but that's easy to change :-)

Fórum moderátorok: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.