« Vissza iPhone/iPad and Android -ra

For those of us who purchase yearly memberships?

Kombinált nézet Egyszerű nézet Fa-nézet
Threads [ Előző | Következő ]
toggle
I've been wondering when a griddler app would show up. So far it looks good, and the user interface seems good - although I haven't used it enough yet to provide good feedback.

Anyway, I am just wondering if it makes sense to charge us again for puzzles, when we already pay for the privilege of more saved puzzles, etc, and an applet that's supposed to provide more features.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a BIG fan of your site, and I've paid for my membership since you first began charging, and I've certainly gotten lots and lots of use out of your site, however it seems a bit inappropriate to charge me when all I'm really doing is accessing the site from a different platform?

I imagine it might take a while to synergize the iPhone with the web site, but if at all possible, I would sure like my purchases to be able to be applied as a credit to my 2012 membership fee.

I believe your app could turn into a great success, so good luck with getting the marketing attention that you will need.

Kay

RE: For those of us who purchase yearly memberships?
Válasz
2011.01.11. 6:57 válaszként erre: kbird.
Kay, I'm a subscriber with an Android phone and was hoping for an app, but I won't be giving more money for it. I didn't realize they were charging separately for the iPhone app.

Otherwise I think their business model is very good. They allow anyone to solve puzzles, but if you want to track your progress you need to register, and if you want to save more games, etc. you need to subscribe.

Válasz
2011.01.13. 9:03 válaszként erre: mudshark.
I should be more clear...

The app itself is free, and comes with a starter, introductory, and advanced set of puzzles... I'm not sure how many total, but it's probably more than 50 puzzles.

Getting additional puzzle packs seems to be $1.99 each... generally, I would consider that a very reasonable price, but I feel like I'm paying double...

I suspect it might not be easy to create an iPhone app that allows some users to get free iGridd packs, while charging for others. I'm not sure it could be done???

And, to be fair, the app itself is terrific! I just returned from a business trip where I spent my airport time and some hotel time playing this app, and I think the iGridd team got it right. The user interface is very easy to use. I can even do multi-griddlers, which I dearly love.

I should say, I haven't been able to have the experience of playing the app on an iPad... I wish!

The issues that I can think of that could be improved are:

1) Better feedback regarding packs that have been purchased but haven't yet downloaded - apparently it "just shows up" sometime later.

2) A bug in the indication of what pack is actually being purchased.

3) A tiny thing, but I would like a stronger contrast between an "empty square" and a "white square". Most of the time when I solve the black and white griddlers on the site, I change the "white" color to something that is a stronger contrast to the "empty" color. I wish I had that same option on the app. Although I would hate to have to change it on every puzzle.

Recommendation: Download the App!

Válasz
2011.01.23. 8:55 válaszként erre: kbird.
Your comments are important to us. We read them, fix bugs, add content, and change according to your recommendations.

As for charging money from subscribers. iPhone (Apple) cannot read www.griddlers.net hence - we can't synch your username/subscription with iPhone. However, we may find a solution for our subscribers - instead of not paying, getting something extra.

In the meantime, enjoy the mini-multis. They can be found only in iPhone! emoticon :glasses7:

Hagit

Válasz
2011.03.08. 23:27 válaszként erre: kbird.
kbird:
I am just wondering if it makes sense to charge us again for puzzles, when we already pay for the privilege of more saved puzzles, etc

I hope that the solution we came up with - Submit your score - works for you! :-)
Hagit

Válasz
2011.05.21. 22:55 válaszként erre: hagitm.
Yay!! I think your subscription extension option is terrific!
Now I just need that iPad....

Kay

Válasz
2011.12.09. 0:22 válaszként erre: hagitm.
Not to sound mean, but i find it hard to believe that apple keeps you from accessing the internet. I'm sure there is some sort of way to query the site for info you can access

Válasz
2011.12.09. 7:09 válaszként erre: Aelia.
Apple doesn't keep websites from accessing.the internet but it doesn't enable to use all the components. For example, Flash movies can't be viewable, Java games can't be played. Since Griddlers solving applet is based on Java, it can't be used as is in iPhone/iPad. Therefore, Rasto developed a special application according to Apple's instruction to enable people to solve Griddlers on iPhone and iPad.

Hagit

Válasz
2011.12.14. 20:57 válaszként erre: hagitm.
what i am saying though is, you enter your username/password into the iphone app, it contacts the site via http, site tells whether you are a subscriber or not, and if you are, then it allows you to download all of the puzzle packs for free, or whatever.

Fórum moderátorok: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.