« Vissza Tips for Better Solving -ra

Tips on making better puzzles

Kombinált nézet Egyszerű nézet Fa-nézet
Threads [ Előző | Következő ]
toggle
Tips on making better puzzles
Válasz
2012.07.19. 19:03
I made my first puzzle the other day (a triddler - 11183) and have recieved 36 ratings and two of them were 0%.  I am not bothered by the low rating but because nobody left comments, I can not really know why.  Could be that it wasn't very original or interesting or difficult...don't know lol  Would love some feedback on how to improve my puzzles. 

RE: Tips on making better puzzles
Válasz
2012.07.19. 22:52 válaszként erre: curtisam.
Sometimes there is nothing that can really be done to win the favor of the voting public. Some like simple fill-in puzzles, others prefer a good challenge. Some like short puzzles, others long puzzles. Some like certain colors, others hate the "evil" grey.

I have yet to figure out what really works and I have quite a few published triddlers. When solving, I personally prefer challenge and picture, but even those puzzles of mine that have been published with what I believe to have a good challenge/picture vary vastly among their percentages. I've seen puzzles with incredible pictures but are incredibly boring to solve, and puzzles with superb mental stimulation that look awful. The worst are bad pictures that are boring to solve. But the few that are incredible and fun to solve and give your brain a workout are worth it.

Just keep striving for a good balance and what you believe makes a good puzzle.

Válasz
2012.07.20. 1:26 válaszként erre: curtisam.
I looked at the spread of the votes and most solvers put it a 50%.
It is a small not very challenging puzzle.
Don't look at the individual votes but at the spread. Ignore the exreme. People give 0 for the weirdest reason, not only the evil grey but things like it a flower and there are too many flower puzzles therefore 0.
Keep creating and you will get a feel of what people like but more important enjoy yourself while creating them.
Edgar

Válasz
2012.07.20. 2:09 válaszként erre: curtisam.
Thank you both for the feedback.  I enjoy trying and it was an accomplishment just to have one work and then be accepted LOL  Will continue to make some more emoticon

Fórum moderátorok: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.