Please help at 39396 (Spider)

Kombinált nézet Egyszerű nézet Fa-nézet
Threads [ Előző | Következő ]
toggle
Please help at 39396 (Spider)
Válasz
2012.12.25. 13:10
Hi @all,
unfortunately I have another multi (also part of a 2-part-multi griddler), where I am stuck on.
I am trying solving it for 4 years now. (Solved the other part in April 2008).
I would be very happy, if I could get some help at this one.

Thanks & Greetings,
tkrholic
Melléklet

Mellékletek: 39396_Spider.PNG (79,1k)

RE: Please help at 39396 (Spider)
Válasz
2012.12.26. 8:34 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
Hi again emoticon

I marked quite a lot in your screenshot. First of all the red blocks, they have to be background. The ones in columns 31-34 are quite obvious, I will explain the ones in the left of the picture.
Rows 35/36, columns 4-9: If you look at the clues in those rows, the blacks you have placed in rows 35/36, column 10 have to be the first 1, because if you try to place the 1 to the left of that black, the clues that follow won't fit. That automatically means that row 35/36, column 11 have to be background as well.
Row 34, column 11: That cannot be black, because then the black 1 won't fit.
Row 33, column 12: That space cannot be yellow, because all the early yellow clues are 1, and it cannot be black, because that would mean that the blacks in column 12 and 10 have to be either a black 3, or 2 black clues in a row, and neither can be found in that row.

On to the blue marks. You can place o's in all of those places.
Row 18: if you count from front to back and from back to front, that space is always part of the yellow 2-3 sequence, so it CANNOT BE black --> o
Column 30: these are quite obvious because of the background you placed.
Row 39: you have the sequence of yellow 1-2 as final clues, so those 2 spaces CANNOT BE black --> o
Row 32: If the black placed in column 10 is part of the first black 2, the blue spot has to be background, if it is the black 1 clue, the blue space has to be yellow, in both cases the blue space CANNOT BE black --> o
Row 28: after the initial black 2 clue you need to place a yellow 4, so the spaces marked in blue CANNOT BE black --> 0

Now the black marks, you can place x's on all those places.
Row 22: again obvious because of the background
Columns 39/40/46/47: there are only black clues left in those columns
Column 48: the yellow 2 clues don't fit --> x (this means automatically that you can place the remaining yellow in that column as well)
Row 33: there are only yellow 1's in that row, so the black space CANNOT BE yellow --> x
Row 34: the yellow in column 13 is part of the yellow 2 clue, the clues after that are black 1-1, so the spots marked in black CANNOT BE yellow --> x
Row 35-37: same reasoning as for row 34.

The reason I placed the CANNOT BE in capitols is to show you HOW I use the markers. I don't use the o's to determine what colour a space CAN be, I determine what colour it CANNOT be. If you place an o, in this puzzle it means it can be yellow OR background, so it cannot be black, and the same reasoning for the x's.

I hope you understand all the reasonings for the markers and backgrounds I placed, if you don't please don't hesitate to ask, I can try to explain it better, if you do understand them, you can continue quite nicely in column 14 ;)

Good luck with the rest of the puzzle emoticon

Maarten
Melléklet

Mellékletek: spiderhelp.jpg (324,5k)

Válasz
2012.12.29. 21:05 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
HI dreamtheater,
thanks for all these hints.
I could follow you very well. Your explanations was very good. Thank you. I hope to finish this puzzle very soon.

Greetings,
Jana

Válasz
2012.12.31. 5:26 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
I am stuck again. But this time it is worse.
I am in a blind alley.

In column 14:
The first possible place for the brown 1 is at line 25. Because of this and the pixel at line 28 (which can not be black), the (first) black 4 has to start below line 28. Therefore the brown 3 has to be between line 29-31. I marked this green.

Because of this, I could continue, where I marked dark blue. At the end the single pixel marked in dark blue has to be brown.

Then I did an trial-and-error (in all variants) where I marked light blue. But all variants follows to an error where I marked red. Esp. I could not found a place for the black 3 in line 23 and the black 4 (and later 5) in line 25.

I also restarted the whole puzzle and also did everything between line 19-45 and column 1-15 twice.

Please help me again. I am getting desperate.

Greetings,
Jana
Melléklet

Mellékletek: 39396_Spider_marks.PNG (81,7k)

Válasz
2013.01.12. 21:50 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
Sorry, only now noticed that you posted another screenshot. Do you still need help? If so, I have tomorrow off, so I could look into it then emoticon

Maarten

Válasz
2013.01.15. 19:44 válaszként erre: dreamtheater.
Hi Maarten,
yes, unfortunately I need some more help.
You have quite a lot time, because I can only continue at the end of the months. (I need a computer, where Java is runable. Which is not runable on my quite old laptop. [RAM is too low.])
Greetings,
tkrholic

Válasz
2013.01.20. 9:53 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
I started from your screenshot and could finish the puzzle easily...The first remarks you made are quite ok, you can fill in the black4,light3,black 4 sequence in column 14, after which you could continue in the blue area. All correct so far. What I don't understand is why you started guessing after you placed the single light spot in row 25/column 7? When you have placed the light clue there, you can fill in the black 3 in row 25, which automatically means that you can place the black in row 24/column 4, so no need to guess in my opinion. Now you have the columns 3&4 finished, and you can finish the blue are in rows 28-34 as well.

Could you give another screenshot of exactly the place you got stuck, before you started guessing? Maybe I can figure out what you did wrong, or what you are overlooking.

Maarten

Válasz
2013.02.03. 13:36 válaszként erre: dreamtheater.
Hi Maarten,

this weekend, I could continue.
So far for now.
In this picture, you see how far I am.
Can you give me a hint for continuing? (Is everything okay until this point?).
Greetings,
Jana
Melléklet

Mellékletek: Bildschirmfoto1.png (78,7k)

Válasz
2013.02.04. 12:34 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
In row 31 you can extend the 8 clue with block to the right. But the main part where you can continue is in row 30. Count from the right, and you will see what you can fill in emoticon

Good luck, Maarten

Válasz
2013.02.24. 12:20 válaszként erre: dreamtheater.
Two minutes age, I finally solved this one.
Thanks, thanks, thanks a lot for your help.
I really really really appreciate it.
Greetings,
tkrholic

Válasz
2013.02.24. 12:37 válaszként erre: tkrholic.
You're welcome! emoticon

Fórum moderátorok: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.