« Ritorna a Riddles and Educational Series

WR#1 (Wiggles Riddle #1) - How to solve the riddle?

Vista Combinata Vista Piatta Vista ad Albero
Argomenti [ Precendente | Prossimo ]
toggle
Re: WR#1 (Wiggles Riddle #1) - How to solve the riddle?
Risposta
09/08/03 1.39 come risposta a hagitm.
Are there any hints out there for puzzles one and two, not names or anything, the actually solving. I think I just can't find a place to start. These are the only two I have left for the riddle, I just can't seem to crack it and I think I need these.

K

>You can have an open discussion about the pictures and their meanings, but don't ruin others' fun by writing the titles of the puzzles or the 5-letter answer. Those posts will be censored.
>
>Have fun!
>

Risposta
09/08/03 15.59 come risposta a hagitm.
>Are there any hints out there for puzzles one and two, not names or anything, the actually solving.

On #2, I remember getting started in the upper left quadrant.

On #1, I got bits(not all) of the red, grey and lighter green on top left, bottom left and middle right. Then I worked on the dark green from the bottom up. I used MLS a number of times on that puzzle. Thanks to the people that explained the idea in the forum.

Hope something in that helps. If my guess to the riddle is right, puzzle #2 was a big help in figuring it out. If not, I need help figuring out the riddle ).

Mememe

Risposta
10/08/03 12.25 come risposta a hagitm.
I'm not sure what it is or how to use it, thanks for the info

>>Are there any hints out there for puzzles one and two, not names or anything, the actually solving.
>
>On #2, I remember getting started in the upper left quadrant.
>
>On #1, I got bits(not all) of the red, grey and lighter green on top left, bottom left and middle right. Then I worked on the dark green from the bottom up. I used MLS a number of times on that puzzle. Thanks to the people that explained the idea in the forum.
>
>Hope something in that helps. If my guess to the riddle is right, puzzle #2 was a big help in figuring it out. If not, I need help figuring out the riddle ).
>
> Mememe

Risposta
10/08/03 13.25 come risposta a hagitm.
>I'm not sure what it is or how to use it, thanks for the info

Try Patt's MLS explanation under the "Solving logically or guessing?" thread in the forum.

Good luck!

Risposta
10/08/03 17.06 come risposta a hagitm.
Thanks for the help, I finally got 2 done, only 2 hours. I just can't see it, but all I have left now is 1, maybe then I see it.

K

>>I'm not sure what it is or how to use it, thanks for the info
>
>Try Patt's MLS explanation under the "Solving logically or guessing?" thread in the forum.
>
>Good luck!

Risposta
10/08/03 21.45 come risposta a hagitm.
well MLS is generally my approach anyway, but I still can't get number one

K

>Thanks for the help, I finally got 2 done, only 2 hours. I just can't see it, but all I have left now is 1, maybe then I see it.
>
>K
>
>
>>>I'm not sure what it is or how to use it, thanks for the info
>>
>>Try Patt's MLS explanation under the "Solving logically or guessing?" thread in the forum.
>>
>>Good luck!

Risposta
10/08/03 23.22 come risposta a hagitm.
Okay, I look at the five that I've gotten completed, and the only things that they seem to have in common to me aren't the answer! Ugh!!!

Risposta
11/08/03 15.21 come risposta a hagitm.
I found the only way I could solve 1 was to use the Shift-right click to block off all the parts that couldn't be black. Then I could easily fill in the black parts. Same with red -- though I couldn't finish that part until later. But if you now block off all the parts that can't be dark green you can get started on that part of it. It's easier to see where you can and can't go. Then you sort of have to fill in the light green as you are continuing to block off parts that can't be dark green. You'll get it that way -- I'll admit it was challenging though.

If you haven't seen the Shift-right/left-click check out the Extra Tools section. It was the only way I could solve #5476 Warthog.

Risposta
11/08/03 21.50 come risposta a hagitm.
Okay, I've solved all the puzzles, and can't get the answer, I mean these don't seem to have anything in common.

>When you are done with the puzzles open the 6 pictures and look at them.
>
>Write down what you see, give a title to each picture a word, two words, or more. You can show the pictures to other people and ask them what they see.
>
>Look at the list of titles and try to find a 5 letter word that fits the pictures.
>
>

Risposta
11/08/03 23.04 come risposta a hagitm.
Hagitm's advice was really helpful in solving the puzzle. I was skeptical about it, but once I started putting down possible titles, I began to see a relationship between some possible titles. Look at Zandy's solving comment - I found that helpful in confirming that I was on the right track. Like eliapple, I found that 3 and 6 were harder to fit into the pattern. Actually I didn't figure out how 3 fit.

>Okay, I've solved all the puzzles, and can't get the answer, I mean these don't seem to have anything in common.
>
>>When you are done with the puzzles open the 6 pictures and look at them.
>>
>>Write down what you see, give a title to each picture a word, two words, or more. You can show the pictures to other people and ask them what they see.
>>
>>Look at the list of titles and try to find a 5 letter word that fits the pictures.
>>
>>

Risposta
11/08/03 23.04 come risposta a hagitm.
If they could - you can do it too. -)

The names of the solvers appear in the forum, in "Wiggles riddles" thread. Each solver wrote a message. Some of the messages have hints.

People who send their answer to griddlers_team and don't see their name in the forum within 24hr should understand that their answer was wrong.

Keep thinking while solving. -)

Risposta
23/01/04 13.22 come risposta a hagitm.
firstly thanx for the puzzles wiggles.. i found it very challenging.. i've solved all 6 puzzles and i have tried naming them but i still can't seem to find the connection.. is there any other clues for solving this riddle??

Thanks
Cadence74

>6 puzzles (5563-5558) have something in common.
>What is it?
>
>The answer is one word (5 letters)
>
> - - - - -
>
>The word fits each of the puzzles, and all of them as well.
>It means that even if you couldn't relate the word to all the puzzles, you can still know the answer.
>
>If you do - send an instant message to griddlers_team, write the answer in the title, and add your comments in the body.
>
>The names of the solvers and their comments will be
>published here.
>
>
>

Risposta
23/01/04 16.38 come risposta a hagitm.
>firstly thanx for the puzzles wiggles.. i found it very challenging.. i've solved all 6 puzzles and i have tried naming them but i still can't seem to find the connection.. is there any other clues for solving this riddle??

------------------------------
TO ALL
------------------------------
If you solved the puzzles but haven't figured out the riddle - send a message to "wiggles". She'll help and guide you until the final solution is in your hand. It's fun to work out the riddle (and great relief for those who lost some sleep at night because of it).

Hagit

>>6 puzzles (5563-5558) have something in common.
>>What is it?
>>
>>The answer is one word (5 letters)
>>
>> - - - - -
>>
>>The word fits each of the puzzles, and all of them as well.
>>It means that even if you couldn't relate the word to all the puzzles, you can still know the answer.
>>
>>If you do - send an instant message to griddlers_team, write the answer in the title, and add your comments in the body.
>>
>>The names of the solvers and their comments will be
>>published here.
>>
>>
>>

When you are done with the puzzles open the 6 pictures and look at them.

Write down what you see, give a title to each picture a word, two words, or more. You can show the pictures to other people and ask them what they see.

Look at the list of titles and try to find a 5 letter word that fits the pictures.

Risposta
24/01/04 0.45 come risposta a hagitm.
You also might try reading the other posts in this thread labeled "How to solve the riddle" and the comments from the others who've solved it. None of them gave away the answer, but I found one a useful hint.

>>firstly thanx for the puzzles wiggles.. i found it very challenging.. i've solved all 6 puzzles and i have tried naming them but i still can't seem to find the connection.. is there any other clues for solving this riddle??
>
>------------------------------
>TO ALL
>------------------------------
>If you solved the puzzles but haven't figured out the riddle - send a message to "wiggles". She'll help and guide you until the final solution is in your hand. It's fun to work out the riddle (and great relief for those who lost some sleep at night because of it).
>
>Hagit
>
>
>>>6 puzzles (5563-5558) have something in common.
>>>What is it?
>>>
>>>The answer is one word (5 letters)
>>>
>>> - - - - -
>>>
>>>The word fits each of the puzzles, and all of them as well.
>>>It means that even if you couldn't relate the word to all the puzzles, you can still know the answer.
>>>
>>>If you do - send an instant message to griddlers_team, write the answer in the title, and add your comments in the body.
>>>
>>>The names of the solvers and their comments will be
>>>published here.
>>>
>>>
>>>

Moderatori del forum griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.