Sigh .. I simply cannot keep up ..
Risposta
16/12/07 21.21
Sigh ... I've got the 'can't keep up blues' .. :roll:

Everyday I Griddle away like mad,
But one thing is making me really sad.
For no matter how hard I try,
Or how much effort I apply,
Dozens more Griddlers just keep being add.

Re: Sigh .. I simply cannot keep up ..
Risposta
16/12/07 22.52 come risposta a patootie.
Should we stop them from coming? LOL

I admit that a lot of new puzzles have been getting in lately. New and old authors are full of inspiration and muse. I can only say - well done! :thumbup:

It keeps us extremely busy in the publisher: checking every single puzzle, trimming if necessary, splitting multi correctly, categorizing, organizing... we do it in honor and admiration!

BTW, you may find the following news message interesting:

On July 12th one needed 765 days to solve 43298 Griddlers. Today we have 50,819. :|
Note the last sentence in this news: There is a common belief that life can be extended if one enjoys it. Since we have fun here - we will live longer! :-)

Hagit

Risposta
16/12/07 23.11 come risposta a patootie.
When you sit and look at all the stats and ponder on how many hours we are all spend happily Griddling away it's mind boggling .. :shock:

Have to say I was rather 'relieved' when the individual hours spent Griddling was removed from our profiles .. my goodness .. Griddlers is my life .. hahaha .. those hours were scarily adding up .. I probably spend far longer Griddling away daily than I do sleeping .. :roll: .. and I reckon I shall have .. "She lived to Griddle" .. put on my head stone :shock:

Sigh .. I do wish the folks above me in the top 60 lists would take a few 'holidays' though .. ohh yess and those racing towards me too :shock: .. I simply cannot go any faster .. and I still can't keep up hahahaha ...

It's all good fun Hagit .. the Authors are simply terrific .. and prolific emoticon and where else would I spend my mornings and evenings .. :roll:

Risposta
16/12/07 23.21 come risposta a patootie.
[quote="patootie"]where else would I spend my mornings and evenings .. :roll:
:flower: Here, with us! :-) :hiding:

Risposta
23/04/08 21.21 come risposta a patootie.
Do you think it's all the "minimalism" puzzles? There's over a thousand that I haven't "solved" yet.

Some of them are actually kind of amazing in their depiction of a complex item with minimal pixels, but so many of them are just silly.

Risposta
24/04/08 10.17 come risposta a patootie.
I tend to agree that there are too many minimalisms. I am not sure of the point of them. They are too easy to solve & the end results aren't great.

I suppose they are good for beginners though.

Risposta
24/04/08 12.53 come risposta a patootie.
I disagree. Personally, I like minimalisms very much, and although there are many repetitions there (a lot of Bats, for example), there are also a lot of creative puzzles, with very pretty results. The whole point of Minis is not to draw a realistic-looking picture, but to make as much as possible form very little space (only 5X5, sometimes even less). And there are many puzzles that produce excellent pictures using this space.

Risposta
24/04/08 14.57 come risposta a patootie.
[quote="hagitm"]

BTW, you may find the following news message interesting:

On July 12th one needed 765 days to solve 43298 Griddlers. Today we have 50,819. :|
Note the last sentence in this news: There is a common belief that life can be extended if one enjoys it. Since we have fun here - we will live longer! :-)

Hagit

30 MILLION PUZZLES???

HOW do you expect anybody to get a sense of accomplishment when the amount is so HUGE? What I mean is it's like getting that satisifaction of finishing a very hard game that you've spent hours playing. Only to turn around & have more of the game still waiting for you. :shock:

Has anybody even come close to solving everything? If so, HOW did they do it? We all have our favorites & least favorites (mine are the large black/white puzzles - my mind just can't seem to break them down as easy as multiple colors). :scratch:

Also, on a side note, what is the amount of new puzzles posted daily? An average total is fine.
:dontknow:

While I have your attention, how many new people sign up on here daily? :hello:

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a negative post. It's just shock from finding out the vastness of this site!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Risposta
24/04/08 20.21 come risposta a patootie.
[quote="wbennett"]
30 MILLION PUZZLES???

Today about 60.000 puzzles are solved each day - you can check it out by looking the the number of solved puzzles on the homepage.

Has anybody even come close to solving everything?

Not in the past years for sure. Have a look at the topsolvers list - you'll see how far the topsolvers are away from solving them all. However, with Triddlers it is still possible.

Also, on a side note, what is the amount of new puzzles posted daily? An average total is fine.

Lmdemasi has some stats about Griddlers in his site which show this.

I have no idea. I'm afraid though that most people who enter will decide after one or two puzzles that it's not for them. But the ones that 'get' it return on a daily basis. At busy times the number of solvers is over 1300 users.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't a negative post. It's just shock from finding out the vastness of this site!

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Me too :sunny:

Jelga

Risposta
24/04/08 21.46 come risposta a patootie.
Where @ on the home page?

[quote="Jeltje"][quote="wbennett"]
30 MILLION PUZZLES???

Today about 60.000 puzzles are solved each day - you can check it out by looking the the number of solved puzzles on the homepage.

Has anybody even come close to solving everything?

Not in the past years for sure. Have a look at the topsolvers list - you'll see how far the topsolvers are away from solving them all. However, with Triddlers it is still possible.

Lmdemasi has some stats about Griddlers in his site which show this.

I have no idea. I'm afraid though that most people who enter will decide after one or two puzzles that it's not for them. But the ones that 'get' it return on a daily basis. At busy times the number of solvers is over 1300 users.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

Me too :sunny:

Jelga

Risposta
25/04/08 3.05 come risposta a patootie.
Under First time here.
Number 4 - Register to solve XXX griddlers and YYY triddlers.
The numbers are updated daily.

Corinna

Risposta
29/04/08 7.43 come risposta a Jeltje.
Jeltje:

In the beginning, I was able to catch up and keep up with the Triddlers, but not anymore. There are so many coming in each day now that, unless one has an exceptionally large amount of free time on his/her hands, I think that it's impossible to keep up with them anymore. It's certainly impossible for the average working stiff like myself.

RE: Re: Sigh .. I simply cannot keep up ..
Risposta
28/09/09 13.14 come risposta a luweewu.
I'm so with the "not being able to keep up" thing. LOL

I'm hoping to hit 25,000 solved in the next 2-3 weeks (just been very busy) - but as much as I put in, that's just a little over halfway to the #1 spot on the list! (and I'm already in the top 100!)

Heck, everytime I take a day or two off, my position keeps bouncing back so I know I'm running neck-and-neck with other solvers who also want to get higher...

But as for getting 'em all - I don't think it's the time for most, it's the quality. I think the ones who solve the super hard puzzles don't really do the easy ones and for me, I can't even fathom touching a lot of the impossible ones (I've only dented the large B&W puzzles just for the mid times alone LOL)

Moderatori del forum griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.