too much censorship

Vista Combinata Vista Piatta Vista ad Albero
Argomenti [ Precendente | Prossimo ]
toggle
too much censorship
Risposta
01/04/08 14.57
Hi,
I recently created a triddler 'art attack' which has apparently been shelved.
The theme was a grafitti artist loose in an art gallery and it was quite a time consuming one to create.

He was in the process of being caught so morally there was nothing wrong with it imho.

Surely we can stretch the limits a little and stop just flooding the lists with inanimate objects as subjects.
(i.e ducks,trees,etc)

Jingai

Re: too much censorship
Risposta
01/04/08 19.29 come risposta a jingai.
[quote="jingai"]Hi,
I recently created a triddler 'art attack' which has apparently been shelved.
The theme was a grafitti artist loose in an art gallery and it was quite a time consuming one to create.

He was in the process of being caught so morally there was nothing wrong with it imho.

Surely we can stretch the limits a little and stop just flooding the lists with inanimate objects as subjects.
(i.e ducks,trees,etc)

Jingai

Is it possible that it just wasnt a good griddler, and thus was deleted, rather than being deleted based on subject matter? Afaik you do not get a message explaining why the puzzle was not accepted, unless you specifically ask. I would suggest you find out the exact circumstances before you sling accusations around

Risposta
01/04/08 19.40 come risposta a jingai.
Hi,

Firstly it was a triddler and not a griddler.

Secondly who do I ask? I thought this was what the forum was for.

Thirdly I am not slinging accusations about just pointing out what I feel is an unfair action considering the time I spent doing it.

Fourthly there was nothing wrong with it artistically(!) so that is not the reason.

Jingai

Risposta
01/04/08 19.54 come risposta a jingai.
send a message to griddlers_team asking about the puzzle.

also, good images dont necessarily make good puzzles. and if this is your first puzzle, dont be suprised if it gets deleted 3 or 4 or 5 times before you get it right

Risposta
01/04/08 20.09 come risposta a jingai.
Hi,

I'm afraid the criteria for accepting or deleting a puzzle won't involve the amount of time an author has spent creating it. Remember also that the people checking it have no way of telling how much time was spent on it. If you are in doubt if your idea would be accepted, it might be useful to show the original image to the team before you spend too much time on it. This is especially the case if your idea for a puzzle is rather unusual.

I have to admit your description of the subject makes me wonder what the puzzle would have looked like and if solvers would have understood the subject at all. A grafitti about to be caught in an art gallery sounds like a very complicated kind of image to me and not quite suitable for a puzzle. Not because of what he was doing, but because the images of those puzzles need to be clear. So, it has nothing to do with censorship, but it's all about quality...

Jelga

Risposta
01/04/08 20.30 come risposta a jingai.
Oh well.

Thanks for the replies I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Onto the next triddler....

Jingai

Risposta
01/04/08 21.07 come risposta a jingai.
you dont necessarily have to ditch it, but it probably needs some work to be acceptable

Risposta
02/04/08 15.30 come risposta a jingai.
[quote="Aelia"]you dont necessarily have to ditch it, but it probably needs some work to be acceptable

I redid it minus the grafitti and with a title change and it got through ok.

All's well that ends well

Moderatori del forum griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.