This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of the Griddlers Community members. Please read it and become familiar with it, its terms are retroactive and agreed by the Griddlers Team and the forum moderators.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Members consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see Policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other members. Flaming or abusing members in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members should remember that this board is aimed at the Griddlers Community - an international audience, including kids. Posting pornographic, political, missionary, or generally offensive text, images, links, etc will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat" moderators. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of the Griddlers Team or the forum moderators. Only do this if the Griddlers Team or a forum moderator have not replied within 12 hours. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators will be warned.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other members. The use of image pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is members should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly members should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Members consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include: "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include: "Need help in solving griddler #205", "Getting an error in Theme page", "How do I turn a picture to a puzzle?", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Members posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- The Griddlers Team and the forum moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc as noted in these points is up to the Griddlers Team and the forum moderators and not members.
- The above Forum Rules, where applicable, also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Griddlers Forum operates a three strike policy. Members will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 30 days and possible lifetime ban.
- Arguing with a moderator after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Members who feel they have been unfairly warned by a moderator are welcome to contact the Griddlers Team. If the Griddlers Team feels you were treated badly they will remove the warning. If the Griddlers Team agrees with the moderator's warning the Griddlers Team's decision is final. Contacting the Griddlers Team over warning matters should be done so as a very last resort. The Griddlers Team does not want to be bothered unless vital.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when members contact the Griddlers Team and/or a forum moderator (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such members may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While the Griddlers Team may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurence.