« Back to Discussions

Griddlers go Twitter - request for help

構造的に表示 平面上に表示 ツリー上に表示
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
We need your help in testing a new item - Griddlers.net on Twitter.

Twitter is a social networking service for friends, family, and co-workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

Griddlers system supplies a lot of goodies to use via Twitter:

When you solve a puzzle - our system will send a tweet (message) to your Twitter account and your Twitter friends will see it.

You can customize the tweets and make them spicy rather than just say "I solved this/that puzzle."
For instance, you can say: "I am a genius! I successfully finished this/that griddler."
Or if you are a SCI-FI fan maybe "Houston, mission #1234 was accomplished. Spent time: 00:02:23" is better for you.

If your Twitter friends don't do griddlers, at least they'll know what you do and how you spend joyful time. That's what Twitter is all about - you tell your friends what you are doing now.

If your Twitter friends are griddicts, you can use more features supplied by our system:
Send a tweet when you write a comment or vote for a puzzle. When you want to recommend a puzzle, simply write a comment in the puzzle, like: "What a beautiful puzzle!" Your Twitter friends will see it along with the puzzle ID and description, and follow you.

Our system also enables you to get Direct Messages in Twitter when you get a message in your Griddlers.net account.

And, for our authors - our system can send Direct Messages to your Twitter account when solvers write comments on your puzzles.

Last but not least, you can Follow @griddlers on Twitter to know everything instantly, be notified about new published puzzles, get the Site's News and the G-Match result before everyone else.

As written above, we need you to test @griddlers on Twitter. If you encounter with errors or troubles, please let us know about it through this forum. We are going to monitor the activity on our system and will launch it officially once the tests are over.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Click HERE to connect your Griddlers.net and Twitter accounts and set up the tweets sent for solving, voting, commenting, etc.

Click HERE to follow us on Twitter.

RE: Griddlers go Twitter - request for help
答え
09/07/14 16:21 hagitmへのコメント
Hi there!

I am new here, but I love the puzzles and going to stay in this site for a long time.

I use your twitter! emoticon
When I solve a griddler I see #9083-Minimalism: Umbrella by jvloenen. Score: 3 points. Time: 00:00:09.
When I solve a triddler I see #3920-Radioactive by denksport. Score: 3 points. Time: 00:00:00 .
Why is the time in triddlers 00:00:00?

Nono

Bug report
答え
09/07/15 5:00 hagitmへのコメント
Hi! I connected my account and set up my settings, *but* not all of them took. I specifically unchecked the "show how I voted" box and yet the ap still tweeted my vote. My edited solution auto post did well though. (It posted the text I wanted it to.)

I rechecked my tick box on the ap page, and the voting status boox is not checked!

答え
09/07/15 7:56 nonogramsへのコメント
nonograms:
Why is the time in triddlers 00:00:00?

This bug was fixed! Solving time in triddlers is accurate now.
Thanks for letting us know.
Hagit

RE: Bug report
答え
09/07/15 8:41 osadczukへのコメント
osadczuk:
I specifically unchecked the "show how I voted" box and yet the ap still tweeted my vote.

Fixed! Now you won't get a tweet for voting until you check it again.

Thanks for letting us know!
Hagit

答え
09/07/17 1:45 hagitmへのコメント
When solving a Multi, the app smartly posts the tweet after solving the last part. But it posts the time of only the last part solved. It would be more interesting (and more accurate) if it posted the accumulated time of all parts, wouldn' t it?

Just a thought. Not really a bug. Nice app, am using it, hope we'll get more griddlicts this way.

p.

答え
09/07/21 15:24 celiouanへのコメント
Hi, I was trying to connect my Twitter and Griddlers.net accounts, but when I type PIN, I get messege "Inccorect PIN number".
Is it because my Twitter and Griddlers.net usernames are different?

答え
09/07/21 16:18 red_appleへのコメント
red_apple:
Is it because my Twitter and Griddlers.net usernames are different?

No. You can have completely different usernames.

My guess is that you copied the PIN and left the space after the numbers.
No harm done. Get a new PIN, copy/paste the numbers, and delete the space at the end of the line.

Enjoy! :-)
Hagit

答え
09/07/21 16:59 hagitmへのコメント
Nope, it doesn't work. I tried to copy/paste and to type numbers myself, but result the same.

答え
09/07/21 18:49 red_appleへのコメント
Hi
so far I have no idea what can be wrong. Please contact me tomorrow on email rasto@griddlers.net , I'll turn on debug log, maybe we will see the reason.

Ra100

答え
09/07/21 19:47 red_appleへのコメント
I have one more idea that is worth trying. When you are in Griddlers twitter page, reload the page using ctrl-F5. In case you had a "wrong PIN" page in cache, the ctrl-F5 overwrites it.

Hagit

答え
11/02/24 14:31 hagitmへのコメント
Hi,

don't know why but everytime I solve some griddler, I got published tweet about some picture I solved was back in the past. It's really annoying...

This one:
dago_mir Dagmara Golinska
solved @griddlers #15358-Nativity (Christianity). Time: 00:03:30.

答え
11/02/24 19:36 dagomirekへのコメント
In our DB the griddler 15358 was solved by you today (Feb 24 2011), which is not that back in the past. However, from the way you describe it, the puzzle indeed was solved back in the past. The question is, why was it registered again as solved today. I don't know and would ask for your help to find a pattern, a reason, a trigger to this strange phenomenon. An exxample to a trigger: you see an old solved puzzle in twitter after downloading a new applet.

Thanks,
Hagit

答え
11/02/24 21:18 hagitmへのコメント
I got the same thing as well. I solved puzzle 37265 on December 29th. On that date it shows as solved 3 times, which is possible. Actually I think there was a post in the forum about a very low mid-time for this puzzle and I tried to see if I could solve it myself that fast.

According to iGridd my solving time is 00:17:07. That's my first solving time (according to twitter as well). According to the stats on the site it took me 00:13:16. That's the time from the last time I solved it. So iGridd does not register a different time when I solve it again and the site does.

Both agree that the puzzle was solved at December 29th. However, Hagit checked the database for me and in there it seems to be solved again today. That's what Twitter tells me as well. So something makes the database register the puzzle as solved again and sends this info to Twitter.

So far I've tried solving on the site, solving by iGridd and webstart and re-installing iGridd again. Untill now I could not make another solved record of a puzzle that was not solved today, but I'll keep on trying.

Dagomirek, what do you remember of the puzzle that shows up several times in your time-line? Did you solve it more than once? Does the solved record show up every time you login to the site? I checked your time-line in Twitter and the first time it shows is Dec 27th. Is that the date it says in your stats as well? I see your last record of it being solved on Jan 7th, several times. (It's a date that shows in my time-line as well) Did you remove some tweets about it? It does not show today.

A lot of questions, but the answers might help Rasto to solve the problem.

Please realise that Twitter is not to blame, but is a very good way to register what happens in the database.

Jelga

答え
11/02/25 10:01 Jeltjeへのコメント
Well, it seems that the tweet keeps getting published every time I log into the iGridd. And no, I solved it only once - it's part of a multi I still haven't finished.
The iGridd stats show 10-11-19 date (I guess it's 19th November, right?).

It first showed on Twitter 27th December because I started using twitter-griddlers connection about that time. And yes, I did some cleaning of my tweets (and for some time I have this function disabled) - that's why it doesn't show up lately.

I don't know what else can I say to help with this...

Have a nice day, perhaps? emoticon

答え
11/03/10 8:58 dagomirekへのコメント
We believe that the bug is fixed, but we don't have the same conditions as your computer. Can you check it, please, and let us know if it was fixed on your computer as well?

Thanks,
Hagit

答え
11/03/11 16:05 hagitmへのコメント
Yup, now it's perfect! Great job emoticon

Thanks

d.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.