« Back to Error in Puzzle

Does Not Compute

構造的に表示 平面上に表示 ツリー上に表示
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Does Not Compute
答え
12/05/10 13:40
Puzzles 69815 and 69816 are literally impossible to solve. I keep coming back to them, but run up against the same walls.

I haven't tried 69815 recently but for 69816, start by solving the lips. Then, above them, try filling the 8th, 9th, and 10th columns. Can't do it.

EDIT: Took a run at 69815 and thought to make a screenshot. Can sent it if need be.

RE: Does Not Compute
答え
12/05/10 13:41 ShorinBJへのコメント
ShorinBJ:
Puzzles 69815 and 69816 are literally impossible to solve. I keep coming back to them, but run up against the same walls.

I haven't tried 69815 recently but for 69816, start by solving the lips. Then, above them, try filling the 8th, 9th, and 10th columns. Can't do it.

EDIT: Took a run at 69815 and thought to make a screenshot. Can sent it if need be.
You wouldn't happen to have your ID's mixed up, would you ? You are talking about two parts of the multi Jasmine by tomtal, are you ? I'm asking because 69815 is certainly not impossible to solve (480 solvers with a mid time of 18 minutes).
In fact it's pretty straightforward. The clues of the last (utmost right) column are 'complete', i.e. they add up to the length of the column. Just fill in those and continue towards the interior of the image. I didn't encounter any tricky situations or advanced logic in it.
But if you're stuck, feel free to post a screenshot.

I'll have a go at 69816 later today.

答え
12/05/10 13:43 Dominiekへのコメント
If you can view the attachment properly, you can see I pretty quickly hit a wall following your advice. And, if you try with 69816 as I outlined above, there's another wall. I don't know how anyone could have solved these puzzles in the past; possibly it has changed in the interim.
添付ファイル: Screenshot.docx (75.7k)

答え
12/05/10 13:57 ShorinBJへのコメント
ShorinBJ:
If you can view the attachment properly, you can see I pretty quickly hit a wall following your advice. And, if you try with 69816 as I outlined above, there's another wall. I don't know how anyone could have solved these puzzles in the past; possibly it has changed in the interim.
I'm not a very good solver myself and just finished them in 19:47 and 33:52 respectively. So there's no need for despair !.
Anyway, as for the screenshot, it's a bit of a shame that the bottom isn't clearly visible because as I recall it's from there that the logical progression stems. But in the visible part you can continue by filling in the blacks between the yellow and the brown (row 32 for example). That in turn will allow you to extend the browns in columns 45 and 46 upwards to their full length, giving more occasions to fill in the blacks and so on.

59816 is a lot more work and a bit trickier than 59815 but it's basically the same technique. The best start is at the bottom with the brown '16' and '17' who can only go in one place.

答え
12/05/10 15:59 Dominiekへのコメント
Take a look at the fourth column from the right. That's the column whose clues are shown in the bottom left corner of the window. Beginning with the first column, which is "complete," I filled the skin color in the appropriate boxes. Now, tell me how I'm supposed to fit 2-1-1-1 in the fourth column.

答え
12/05/10 16:21 ShorinBJへのコメント
UPDATE: New screenshots in attachment. I find columns 4-8 from the right and rows 10-11 from the top to be logically impossible. Count up the clues; for example, the fourth column adds up to 47 squares, in a puzzle that's 45 vertically.
添付ファイル: Screenshot.docx (134.9k)

答え
12/05/10 18:01 ShorinBJへのコメント
ShorinBJ:
UPDATE: New screenshots in attachment. I find columns 4-8 from the right and rows 10-11 from the top to be logically impossible. Count up the clues; for example, the fourth column adds up to 47 squares, in a puzzle that's 45 vertically.
7+2+1+1+1(+1)+13+1+5+1+4+1+7= 45 emoticon
Could it be that the dark brown on your screen looks like the black ? The first '1' from the top in that column is a different colour from the second one.
It must be that -I think- since you're as good as finished.

答え
12/05/10 22:55 Dominiekへのコメント
Ah. Mystery solved. The brown appears black on my screen unless I look from just the right angle. Pain in the ass.

答え
12/05/11 10:11 ShorinBJへのコメント
It does happen sometimes that the colors are close, to make it a nice image. So make sure when you start a multi-color puzzle to check the bar of colors at the right. If they seem too close, double click on one to change it into something more usefull for you. It helps a lot!

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.