« Terug naar Your Thoughts

Try the new, improved TEST applet

Gecombineerde weergave Platte weergave Boomstructuurweergave
Onderwerpen [ Vorige | Volgende ]
toggle
Try the new, improved TEST applet
Antwoord
25-8-03 17:21
According to your suggestions I made a new TEST version with the following special features

1. Color selection - you can select any listed color by keys 1-9,a-z. Shift+key selects this color to the right button.

2. Area filling - use Alt+Drag to fill in rectangular areas. The size of the shape appear on the left panel, between the Size button and the pallet of colors.

Speed is now better, you don't need to buy a new computer. -)

Bye Ra100

Re: Try the new, improved TEST applet
Antwoord
26-8-03 5:43 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
Yes! Yes! Yes! exactly how I wished it to be! Well done, ra100

Antwoord
26-8-03 6:02 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
I have one idea it would only count squares when alt-dragging question marks.

Antwoord
26-8-03 6:11 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
>I have one idea it would only count squares when alt-dragging question marks.

Alt + middle mouse button is impossible implement because mmb is Ctrl+Alt.

Bye Ra100

Antwoord
26-8-03 7:34 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
Thanks Ra,

Hehehhh isn't this great ... we are all brave 'test pilots' .... ok, Ra .. I'm 'zooming' off to try out the latest applet ... !!

patootie x

PS Hmm English humour, I hope that does come across as the fun, slightly tongue in cheek quip it was meant as ... I know we Brits have a quirky sense of humour that doesn't always translate well into other languages!

>According to your suggestions I made a new TEST version with the following special features
>
>1. Color selection - you can select any listed color by keys 1-9,a-z. Shift+key selects this color to the right button.
>
>2. Area filling - use Alt+Drag to fill in rectangular areas. The size of the shape appear on the left panel, between the Size button and the pallet of colors.
>
>Speed is now better, you don't need to buy a new computer. -)
>
>Bye Ra100

Antwoord
26-8-03 12:08 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
Much, much better!

Some observations and ideas, though
1) Color selection
Takes some getting used to, but I like the way it's done.
However we need one more square on the legend for the "unsolved" square (the one with the question marks.) I sugest it will always be 0. it will be easier to remember that way.

2) Disapearing guide lines
in the old version, when we draged-colored, the guide line traveled with the placing of the mouse. Now the guide line gets stack in the first square. I liked it better when it moved, because I could look at the hints while I colored, and see when the color changes. It does work properly when you press the alt button while coloring, but I wouldn't like to have to press it the whole time.

3) Area filling
I love it, but I have two requests
a) Please allow this to be done for the marking circles. Marking areas is most useful for this feature.
b) Please let the undo button take the square as one operation, instead of undoing one square at a time. If a user fills in more then 99 (I believe) squares, he can't undo all of it, and it can ruin a part he already solved.

4) It's much better that the numbers that show the sum of colored squares apear outside the puzzle board, but the font should be made bigger.

All in all, I am proud of you!

Thanks for listening.
T.

Antwoord
26-8-03 16:06 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
>a) Please allow this to be done for the marking circles. Marking areas is most useful for this feature.

Remember alt+shift changes the keyboard

>4) It's much better that the numbers that show the sum of colored squares apear outside the puzzle board, but the font should be made bigger.

Bigger? I think it's big enough. Maybe bold?

Antwoord
27-8-03 17:21 Geplaatst als antwoord op Ra100.
Thanks for the changes. I like the way the new test applet works much better, especially the area fill. I am using the area fill even when I do a long single line. With just dragging the cursor for a single line, sometimes I drag too fast and miss a couple of squares or go slightly off course and color squares in an adjacelnt line. Alt-drag solves both these.

>>I have one idea it would only count squares when alt-dragging question marks.
>
>Alt + middle mouse button is impossible implement because mmb is Ctrl+Alt.
>
I didn't realize that the middle mouse button was an eraser. Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen this on the tutorial or extra tools pages. Perhaps it could be added there.

One can alt-drag question marks by changing one of the mouse buttons to ? which I think is what Jandvorakk meant. Personally, I don't mind the counter being there for all alt drags. It is out of the way and not distracting.

Like talanimal, I would like an easier way to change the left mouse button to ? for area erase. I would prefer "space", " x" or "z" (which are near alt) to zero because zero is a stretch and far from where ones none mouse hand is to hit the alt. Space would accomodate both left and right mousers.
>Bye Ra100

Forum beheerders: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.