« Terug naar Your Thoughts

Mid-time column on Author Statistics page

Gecombineerde weergave Platte weergave Boomstructuurweergave
Onderwerpen [ Vorige | Volgende ]
toggle
This is for authors, wouldn´t you like to have a mid-time column to sort by on authors statistic page? I would love to know how long my puzzles take to solve, what is the average solving time of my puzzles, which puzzle takes longer to solve, etc.
What are your thoughts on that? Can we have it Rasto??? Please...

RE: Mid-time column on Author Statistics page
Antwoord
14-6-12 7:20 Geplaatst als antwoord op ANA_LILI.
I do not create puzzles but I use the mid-time as a creteria to solve them. That info would be usefull to authors that want to create puzzles that appeal to the largest amont of solvers as possible.
Edgar

Antwoord
14-6-12 20:53 Geplaatst als antwoord op edgarfrancois.
I am not sure how an author's knowledge of how long a puzzle takes to solve after it is published can be used to appeal to the solvers. I guess if an author's puzzles that average around 1 hour are poorly received but all his/her 2 hour average puzzles are well received, then s/he would be inclined to make more 2 hour length puzzles assuming his/her technique to making them is similar.

When I submit puzzles (triddlers), I usually have a rough idea based on the points and the look of the puzzle how long it will take. I have absolutely no idea how well it will be received as there are too many factors that can influence its appeal. All I know is 100,000+ point puzzles can be done in less than 20 minutes and some take 2+ hours. Likewise, some 100,000 or less point puzzles can take a very long time. Regardless, I do not try to let these things influence me as I strive for challenge and picture, the two basic components. It's impossible to assess or appeal to someone's enjoyment of a puzzle. I know that I prefer 2 color puzzles as the challenge tends to be higher.

Ana's idea of another column for mid-time is something I would like to have as well, even though it would probably become static over time.

Antwoord
17-6-12 21:58 Geplaatst als antwoord op ANA_LILI.
Happy Happy JOY JOY! Happy Happy JOY! Thanks Rasto and Hagit and anyone else who deserves the thanks. Ana's dreams have come true. Very nice emoticon

Edit: Can't sort by mid-time yet but still, very nice.

Antwoord
18-6-12 5:26 Geplaatst als antwoord op cosmictrombonis.
And I thought to myself: let's see how much time it would take the authors to notice that their request was taken care of. The answer is: several hours. 4-5, I'd say. This makes me smile, because it proves to us (Rasto and I) that the authors visit their Stats page. :-)

cosmic,
The mid-time column IS sortable. Click on the link in the table's header. The first click will order the list in an ascending order. Next one - descending order, and so on.

Enjoy!

Antwoord
18-6-12 6:41 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
Really? Yey!!!! Thank u, thank u, thank u! You guys rock!!!

Antwoord
18-6-12 17:33 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
Don't know what happened but it wasn't sortable when I first saw it. I did click the column header but a different column would be sorted. No clue why that was happening but I know there was no little arrow indicating sorting of the mid-time column. Regardless, it definitely is working now so thanks again!

Antwoord
19-6-12 6:15 Geplaatst als antwoord op cosmictrombonis.
We both were kind of right. The mid-time column was sortable, but it re-ordered/showed the ID's, not the mid-time's. I checked it through an account with a small amount of puzzles and strangely enough the ID's equalled the mid-time's.

It was ANA_LILI, a massive triddlers author, who pointed that out for us and Rasto could fix it.

Hagit

Antwoord
19-6-12 14:51 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
Cool stuff!
Only the average at the bottom of the page is missing now.

Forum beheerders: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.