Gecombineerde weergave Platte weergave Boomstructuurweergave
Onderwerpen [ Vorige | Volgende ]
Word search
Antwoord
22-9-12 0:18
I wonder if or when there's gonna be more word search.Now it's only one a day and it's often pretty easy one's too.I like word search and want too see more of itemoticon

RE: Word search
Antwoord
26-9-12 13:40 Geplaatst als antwoord op Aswedish74.
Aswedish74:
I wonder if or when there's gonna be more word search. Now it's only one a day and it's often pretty easy one's too. I like word search and want too see more of itemoticon

I am very happy to see that you write about it. Sometimes we don't get enough feedback from our users and without it we don't really know how popular a game is. The data (= no. of solved Word Search puzzles per day/week/month) is not always enough to determine popularity. What if we had published 10 new WS (Word Search) puzzles every day? Does that make the game more popular? We also need to take into consideration that even though everyone can solve the puzzles, only users who know the language can really enjoy the game and the special twist we added to it.

Creating those puzzles takes a lot of time for two reasons:

1.         The twist addition.
            People may say: if you don't do the twist will it speed up creating the puzzles? Yes, it will, but we don't want to give up on the twist.

2.         "Bad" words.
            We select words for the WS puzzles from the Oxford dictionary. From time to time we encounter with "bad" words, like the 4-letter F word and all its diversions, or private organs, or names of terror organizations. You wouldn't have used Oxford dictionary without those words. However, you don't want to see them in the WS puzzles. We've already excluded about a 1000 "bad" words we're still going.

Our plan now is to create a big enough reservoir to anable us to go back to our original scheme - publish 2 WS puzzles every day. We believe it'll be in November.

In the meantime you and all the WS solvers can help as well. If you encounter with a "bad" word - please let us know either via the forum or send us a message with the "bad" word and the puzzle ID the bad word appears in.

Thanks,
Hagit

Antwoord
30-9-12 18:24 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
Ok, sounds goodemoticon

Antwoord
4-2-13 3:45 Geplaatst als antwoord op Aswedish74.
I just want to express a word of thanks to whomever it is that creates the Wordsearch puzzles. They're always fun to do and especially this last one (the 617 pts one) was really something else emoticon. I may have no vision left the next three days (LOL) but it was a great challenge. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Antwoord
4-2-13 6:38 Geplaatst als antwoord op Dominiek.
Thanks Dominiek, I will forward it to the author and encourage him to make more such wordsearches.
Rasto.

Antwoord
16-3-13 21:54 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
I have been doing the Word Searches a lot (catching up) and just hit the puzzle with the F word.  I noticed many of the puzzles have some word that looks like the creator(s) snuck in that could be considered "naughty".  Not necessary "bad", but are often slang or slightly vulgar references to body parts/functions or could provoke negative images of groups of people.
G.

Antwoord
16-3-13 22:18 Geplaatst als antwoord op glik.
Hi Glik,

The words are taken out of a dictionary and have been scanned for bad words. If you find anything unseemly, please send the word and the ID of the puzzle you found it in to the team. They'll remove it from the dictionary and the puzzle.

Jelga

Antwoord
19-3-13 7:48 Geplaatst als antwoord op glik.
glik:
I have been doing the Word Searches a lot (catching up) and just hit the puzzle with the F word.
Even though I am quite sure we removed from the dictionary all the F words, we may have missed one. Can you tell us what's the ID of the Word Search puzzle that you enountered with and has the bad word?

Thanks,
Hagit

Antwoord
1-4-13 7:27 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
Fixed!
Please let us know if you find bad or even just questionable words. We remove them from the puzzles and from the dictionary as well.
Thanks!
Hagit

Antwoord
11-3-14 16:39 Geplaatst als antwoord op hagitm.
I still want more word search. Perhaps if you skip the twist addition...

Antwoord
30-5-14 14:57 Geplaatst als antwoord op Aswedish74.
No more word searchs?

Forum beheerders: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.