« Voltar a Records and Statistics

Top Griddlers - by points or puzzles? should be combined

Vista De Combinação Vista Lisa Vista Da �?rvore
Tópicos [ Anterior | Próxima ]
toggle
I suggest that you open a new category of combined points + smallest number of puzzles. Currently the top griddlers by points have solved many many puzzles (which are easier) while others have solved much fewer puzzles with more points for each. How about dividing the total points by the number of puzzles solved.. then you can see who solved the more difficult puzzles

RE: Top Triddlers - by points or puzzles? should be combined
Resposta
24-07-2010 14:51 as a reply to suesadot.
I actually meant to ask about Triddlers, not Griddlers....

Resposta
28-07-2010 15:05 as a reply to suesadot.
A new "points per puzzle" category would be nice.

Resposta
17-02-2013 17:01 as a reply to suesadot.
I also wish this category in top solvers sections.
Want to know good I really am.
Being focused on solving by numbers of puzzles or by difficulty are two different solving strategies.
Thanks a lot and greetings,
tkrholic

Resposta
18-02-2013 7:43 as a reply to tkrholic.
I don't understand your request.

Do you mean "points" in Top Triddlers solver chart? If you do, then it is already there. Go to Top Triddlers and look at the two table at the top of the screen: By Puzzles | By Points. When entering to that page for the first time the default is By Puzzles. Click on By Points to get what you want.

If that's not what you meant, please be more accurate or try to explain yourselves with a picture.

Hagit

Resposta
18-02-2013 12:39 as a reply to hagitm.
If I understand the OP, the problem is as follow:
While some people solve the hardest puzzles, others just solve many puzzles, not as hard, and gain eventually the same amount of points. She wants the points to reflect the fact she solved the puzzles the harder way.

Again, to my understanding, the solution suggested is basically table of the top solvers by the average of points per puzzle. This solution is bad, because in order to lead this table you need to solve the puzzle with the highest points to date and nothing more. With the same logic, In any case there are no puzzles with higher points than your average, your best strategy is to stop solving puzzles at all.

Resposta
19-02-2013 7:54 as a reply to raist.
Thanks, raist, for clarifying.

Moderadores do Fórum: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.