Kombinovaný pohľad Plochý pohľad Stromový pohľad
Vlákna [ Predchádzajúci | Ďalší ]
toggle
Java Problem
Odpoveď
11.5.2011 3:13
I'm having a problem as I have to redownload webstart every time. It actually looks like it is no longer installing. I no longer have an Igridd folder, and my icon isn't the colored squares any longer. If I want to play I get Unable to load application and I have to come here and get webstart again....it happens EVERY time.

Here is the error message I just got...

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\Holli\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\1\2b577681-4e4a53b3]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help - it's getting very annoying!!
Thanks!

Holli

RE: Java Problem
Odpoveď
11.5.2011 5:54 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
Try THIS first.
Then, go to a puzzle panel (doesn't matter which puzzle), click on "Settings" in the comments area and select "Load on demand". Later, when you are sure that the applet works properly you can select "Simple or Full format".

Hagit

Odpoveď
12.5.2011 0:34 ako reakcia na hagitm.
Thank you for your help. However...when I went to JAVA there was no iGRIDD there. I've had to do that before and it's normally there. I changed the setting as you recommended, played for a while and closed the program.

I used to have an iGridd folder....no more. No shortcut - the only way I can play is to come here and reinstall webstart...

Any other ideas??

Holli

Odpoveď
12.5.2011 6:19 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
Go to Add/Remove programs. Remove Java and its updates. Then, install Java again via Java's website (www.java.com).

I hope it'll help,
Hagit

Odpoveď
13.5.2011 0:16 ako reakcia na hagitm.
Well...that didn't help....Webstart is still not installing. It's weird, I've been using webstart for years and never had a problem like this. This just stated suddenly a week or so ago. I didn't write because I figured it would work itself out.

Any other ideas? Anyone else having this issue??

Holli

Odpoveď
18.5.2011 23:46 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
I find it hard to believe that I am the only one having this problem.....sigh. I've always gotten excellent help when I've had problems and they were always fixed. What's changed? I'm beginning to worry that this site is on it's way out. I can tell you I would be devastated if that happened.

Holli

Odpoveď
19.5.2011 11:05 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
Dear Holli,

I don't see how the site is on it's way out. Afterall, the G-Match and T-Match are back, a new system for the comments (which was a huge work in coding until everyone was happy) has been added, new books have been created for the paper fans just recently, and soon, I hope, we'll have some more nice features, like always.

I gave you the best tips I have. Here is the last one that is worth a try, but only if you use Windows XP (or a previous OS):
delete the following directory from your computer:
"C:\Documents and Settings\ < user > \Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment"
(< user > is your name on the computer).
Restart your computer and download WebStart.:

Please bare in mind that there are numerous computers with a big variety of systems, browsers, security setups, antivirus softwares with different rules etc. This makes almost every computer unique. So, yes, you may be the only person who has this problem because of ONE tiny thing that doesn't work well in Griddlers.net on your particular computer. However, since you can use the online applet anyway, you are not completely incapable of solving puzzles. Many users use iGridd online and don't even bother to download Webstart. Both applet are identical with one difference: iGridd needs a browser to hold it. Webstart does not.

If I come up with another tip I will let you know.

Hagit

Odpoveď
19.5.2011 14:14 ako reakcia na hagitm.
My apologies Hagit - I didn't mean to sound annoyed at YOU. It's just that Griddlers is like a drug to me and I fill up my free time doing puzzles. I don't know what I would do if this site went away.

I also understand what it must take to keep a program running with all the systems and upgrades going on out there.

Having said that, the problem I've been having just started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I really don't know if it was after a windows update or Java update. Anyway, I'm using windows 7 so won't try your latest idea. It's just for some reason webstart is not "installing"

The good news is I can come to the site and do my puzzles so I'm not having withdrawals emoticon

Yes, please let me know if you have any other ideas. I appreciate all of you that are always there to help us out!!!

Holli

Odpoveď
26.5.2011 8:18 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
Let's try again. Go to your Add/Remove programs (I know there is such an option in Windows 7). Browse through the programs and see how many Java you have. If you have more than one - remove ALL the Java from your computer. Then, go to www.java.com and install the one that is designed for Windows 7.

The applets (iGridd and WebStart) work well on Windows 7. I hope they'll work well on your computer too.

Hagit

Odpoveď
26.5.2011 14:28 ako reakcia na hagitm.
Hi...

OK so I tried that and webstart is still not installing. I wish I coul figure out what happened when webstart stopped working. I've been using webstart on this computer for almost a year now.

When I had webstart, I had an IGRIDD folder where it installed. I no longer have/get the folder and no webstart is installed.

I agree it all works good on Windows 7 an I can still use the applet by coming to this website.

Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you think of anything else....

Holli

Odpoveď
27.5.2011 10:43 ako reakcia na HolliAnne.
Take a look at my instruction in the following thread. It may help.

Hagit

Odpoveď
27.5.2011 22:21 ako reakcia na hagitm.
Hi..

The interesting part about this when I search for IGridd, I get nothing, I did some tweaking in my registry and now it seems to be working. One of those mysterious things. Thanks again for all your help. I wish I knew what broke it and what fixed it...

Holli
:geek:

Moderátori fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.