« Späť na General

Help! Only getting igridds applet!

Kombinovaný pohľad Plochý pohľad Stromový pohľad
Vlákna [ Predchádzajúci | Ďalší ]
toggle
Help! Only getting igridds applet!
Odpoveď
9.12.2012 15:51
I prefer to solve griddlers in Java. I can't make any sense out of igridd. For no affirmative reason on my part, only igridd comes up when I click on a puzzle today.

How can I change back to Java? Is there a setting somewhere that I inadvertently changed (not sure how that could happen)?

Thanks.
Elisa

RE: Help! Only getting igridds applet!
Odpoveď
9.12.2012 15:59 ako reakcia na elisadavis.
Hi,
we did replace the girddlers applet with a new version with the same code base as iGridd applet. You can read more about it in site news. The original applet was written very long time ago for Java 1.1 and it is no longer possible to maintain such old code.
Rasto

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:00 ako reakcia na elisadavis.
I'm having the same issue. I love the page before solving, but don't like the solving screen.

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:10 ako reakcia na Ra100.
I don't understand how to use this applet. I have a Mac with a touchscreen. How do I do things like fill in colors rather than just do one block at a time?

You changed this from last night without any warning? Or do you not see what a revolutionary change this is for us?

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:13 ako reakcia na elisadavis.
To fill a block just select an Area mode in the toolbar. It fills rectangular area by dragging on the screen.

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:25 ako reakcia na Ra100.
So is there any way to change it so we can go back to using java?

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:35 ako reakcia na Ra100.
It was also very surprised, especially since I did not see any mention on the site news.  It also seems buggy.  For example, when I have been solving a multigriddler, and have already solved 30 of the 80 puzzles, the applet comes up without that information, so I cannot tell what has been solved.

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:39 ako reakcia na elisadavis.
Every puzzle I try to solve comes with gray background, but the white background (the one between the definite squares) is very similar to the gray and they blend. I have to change the background color EVERY SINGLE TIME. Also changing the gridline colors is impossible as well. We were able to change them in the previous applet. I don't want to lose my eyes while trying to solve the puzzles :{

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 16:39 ako reakcia na NoFourthWall.
I really don't like this new design, either.  It is much less intuitive, the look of it isn't as pleasing, and things like holding alt down to cover a lot of squares at once no longer works.  Maybe there are ways to make the igridd applet work as well as the old java version did, but I don't know what they are, and I don't really have the patience to figure things out right now. 

Why can't I click on the square of a multi-griddler that I want to solve and then click "solve"?  Do I really have to find the square in the list of different ID numbers, rather than being able to solve it right from the "view" screen that shows all the different squares? 

Sigh.

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 17:34 ako reakcia na Ra100.
Where is the notice in Site News?

I love Griddlers. I've been an active participant for a really long time (2004? 2005?) and have been a subscriber since you made that an option. I contributed voluntarily even before you had subscriptions. I not only do puzzles to accompany listening to podcasts and TV, but I've also certainly improved my logic abilities over time.

I feel like I'm in mourning. I just can't deal with the igridd format. It's hard enough to follow the logic without also having to learn new fingerings (something I spent a lot of time doing when I switched from PC with mouse to Mac with touchpad). And I just can see things clearly on igridd. Just because something looks clear to someone with great eyesight and a huge screen doesn't mean it's clear to all of us.

If you can restore the old option, I'll be back. Otherwise, I'm coming to the realization that I'll be giving up this really pleasurable and treasured activity.

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 17:48 ako reakcia na Ra100.
I don't find that notice either. And how is the square counter supposed to work? I found this in the help section: "Square Counter: Place the mouse over a cell, press and hold down Ctrl. Move the mouse cell-by-cell (or many cells at once) to count numbers for you." But it still doesn't work with me...

Odpoveď
9.12.2012 21:52 ako reakcia na Servali.
I agree with everything already stated.  Perhaps I will stop spending so much time on this site.  (i e NO time!)  The applet takes away the fun of solving.  I can't get rid of the busy annoying look of the screen, no matter what I change.  It's a struggle to see and impossible to concentrate on solving.

ALSO!  I lost all of my saved puzzles.

R.I.P. griddlers?

Odpoveď
10.12.2012 12:24 ako reakcia na shadeybeep.
shadeybeep:
Why can't I click on the square of a multi-griddler that I want to solve and then click "solve"?  Do I really have to find the square in the list of different ID numbers, rather than being able to solve it right from the "view" screen that shows all the different squares?
Double-click on a part of the MultiGriddler to open that part.

Odpoveď
10.12.2012 13:58 ako reakcia na hagitm.
Everything written in this forum is irrelevant anymore. Read the updated news message to see what we did with the New and the Old applets.

As written in the news, try to work with us, not against us. Tell us what you want to have in the new applet and like always we will do our best to fix or add it.

Odpoveď
13.12.2012 18:27 ako reakcia na hagitm.
One problem I have with the new app is when viewing the design for multigriddlers, there's a black line between sections. In the old app, the completed section didn't have this seam, making the completed photo better to look at. You can see the differences below; the first one is from the old applet. You can clearly see the black line through the center of the new applet, which is where the two parts intersect.

Odpoveď
13.12.2012 23:46 ako reakcia na yawetag.
Right-click on any part of the multi and select zoom in/out the whole multi. It'll open the complete image without the lines. That window enables you to continue zooming in/out. In big multi there is an enormous effect.

Odpoveď
13.12.2012 23:58 ako reakcia na c_eva.
c_eva:
I lost all of my saved puzzles.

Nothing is lost.

Please read in the Site News how to get your solving records back.

Moderátori fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.