« Späť na Java Problems

New release of Java

Kombinovaný pohľad Plochý pohľad Stromový pohľad
Vlákna [ Predchádzajúci | Ďalší ]
toggle
New release of Java
Odpoveď
14.1.2013 10:19
Since January 14th there is fixed version of Java from Oracle available for download. The troubles mentioned below have been taken care of. You can read more about it in HERE.

When updating the Java version you'll get a warning window, as follows:

Click on Run, check Do not show this again for this app and you are back to solving griddlers.

RE: New release of Java
Odpoveď
14.1.2013 23:22 ako reakcia na griddlers_team.
Hey, this hasn't worked for me. This only seems to work on a puzzle-by-puzzle basis. I get this error popup on every new puzzle I click on.

Odpoveď
15.1.2013 13:44 ako reakcia na OllieRaiden.
My experience is the same as Ollie's: it only works on a puzzle by puzzle basis.  I've had a look at the Java control panel to see whether there's anywhere to indicate that anything from griddlers.net is trusted, but couldn't find anything emoticon

I can use iGridd fine ... but then I can't select on individual components of multis by points or time ...

Odpoveď
15.1.2013 15:08 ako reakcia na klynn.
I started having problems with Firefox saying it was missing the Java plugin after installing the new release (7u11), but going into the control panel and uninstalling JavaFX fixed it. Apparently the same issue happened with the last update, and it was caused by conflicts between the two programs. I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 18, if it makes a difference.

Odpoveď
17.1.2013 8:26 ako reakcia na klynn.
If you trust enough the new version of Java, you can change the Security settings in Java Control Panel to custom level and change Action for untrusted applications to Run without prompt.
Príloha

Prílohy: JavaSecurity.png (80,5k)

Odpoveď
22.1.2013 18:12 ako reakcia na Ra100.
Uninstalling the Java FX program and changing the Security Level to Medium solved the problem(s) for me. emoticon Thanks for the tips!

Odpoveď
23.1.2013 19:45 ako reakcia na griddlers_team.
Hi, wonder if you could help me, I use Google Chrome, I have updated Java, removed the fx thing, but still get this error message on EVERY puzzle. Please could you advise me on how to get rid of it, I am a complete technophobe lol!!! Its doing my head in, up until i removed the fx thing I had the message that my java was out of date, despite me having installed the new version many times, but removing the fx fixed that but gave me this issue aaaarrrrggghhh!!

many thanks in advance emoticon

Odpoveď
25.1.2013 18:28 ako reakcia na claret.
claret:
  • Open the Control Panel, and make a search for Java.
  • Double-click the Java-symbol. This opens the control panel for Java.
  • Choose the tab Security.
  • Change the security level to Medium.
I had the same problem untill I changed the security level from high to medium.

Good luck! emoticon

Odpoveď
26.1.2013 1:10 ako reakcia na monstermaria.
Thanks Monster, I have done that and am about to check if it has worked. See a step by step guide like that I can follow lol! Never put me in charge of anything technological lol!!!!!

Fingers crossed x

Odpoveď
26.1.2013 1:13 ako reakcia na claret.
Massive thanks go out to Monstermaria!!!! my problems are solved! See i just need those step by step guides and I am ok lol!!! 

emoticon thanks 

Odpoveď
15.2.2013 0:44 ako reakcia na Ra100.
Try Firefox and/or Chrome. These browsers like Java better than IE.

Odpoveď
15.2.2013 15:24 ako reakcia na Ra100.
Since I was a user of Internet explorer, and was told that other browsers were more friendly to Java, I tried all of the advice detailed here on the message board:

I did the following:
a) Completely deleted and re-installed Java, setting the security either to
Medium or Custom (with the settings suggested by RA100)
b) Installed Chrome, Firefox browsers
c) Still cannot run an puzzle by just hitting the solve button on any of the
browsers, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox

Please, anyone, HELP!  I'm having puzzle withdrawal and T-Match is tomorrow.

Odpoveď
15.2.2013 20:01 ako reakcia na mdr23.
What about antivirus pop-up blocker? If you have an antivirus, try to stop it for a moment. Do not open anything else than griddlers.
Rasto

Odpoveď
15.2.2013 20:35 ako reakcia na Ra100.
Thanks for the suggestion Rasto, but nothing new to report.  I tried IE, Chrome and Firefox all with Norton AntiVirus turned off.  The puzzle would not start.
Michele

Odpoveď
16.2.2013 4:04 ako reakcia na Ra100.
FINALLY SUCCESS...  I'm running Internet Explorer.

I uninstalled Java Version 7 Update 13 and went for the oldest update of Version 6 that I could download from Oracle.  It was Update 39, and there will be no future work on Version 6.

I also had to check to be sure that the griddlers site was not being blocked by my system's security software (it was easier to figure that out in this older version, and I actually unblocked it.)

So, griddlers_team, this Java situation is very shakey where one little change can lead to a disaster.  Is there anything you can report to Oracle to help them understand what was going on (it is way beyond my technical ability to articulate).

I feel so relieved that I have my puzzles back!!!

Odpoveď
16.2.2013 8:25 ako reakcia na mdr23.
I'm glad that you are back with us.

As for Java being shaky - that's exactly why we added the Upgraded Lite version, so people who has troubles with Java can use it.

Hagit

Moderátori fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.