« Nazaj na iPhone/iPad and Android

iPhone Bug? - iGridd must be opened 2x to use it.

Pogled na kombinacije Flat View Drevesni pogled.
Teme [ Prejšnja | Naslednja ]
toggle
OK, I've been living with this since the the latest release came out? Version 1.3...
But it's kind of annoying...

Every time I select the iGridd app to open it... it opens then immediately closes. I have to open it a second time to use it.
I'm using an iPhone 3G.

Occasionally, it does NOT exhibit this behavior, but that is so rare, that I haven't figured out the pattern for why it would behave properly.

Thanks,
Kay

RE: iPhone Bug? - iGridd must be opened 2x to use it.
Odgovor
22.5.11 7:35 kot odgovor na kbird.
It's hard to come up with a fix to something that we can't implement. Try to collect more details and once you notice a pattern (I click here, open this, do that, etc), let us know.

Hagit

Odgovor
3.6.11 4:51 kot odgovor na hagitm.
OK, I spent a bit of time with it today...
I tried to figure out when the app works correctly, compared to when it does not.
Normally, my iGridd app has been on the 2nd or 3rd page of my iPhone apps, and there has been one folder of "other" apps as well.
First I tried eliminating the folder so that there wasn't one, and even moved those apps to the 5th page of my apps. That did not have any effect.
Then, I tried moving the iGridd app to page one of my apps. It didn't seem to fix things completely, but... I think I have figured it out...

I seem to have figured out when it DOES work correctly though...

1) iGridd app is on page one of my apps.
2) put iPhone to sleep.
3) Wake it up, and then swipe to go to page 2 or three of my apps, and swipe to go back to page one.
4) open the iGridd app. it opens correctly.

I've also noticed that I don't always need to go through this... but most of the time I do...
Anyway, the above method seems to "work" every time.

I have also found that if I skip the "sleep" mode step, that the app opens incorrectly every other time.
And, if I just leave the iPhone on page one, and "awake", if I open/close the app over and over again, every other time it opens incorrectly.

Seems like I've got a deterministic behavior now...
The big question is... are you seeing the same behaviors on your devices?

(sorry, I've got my engineering hat on...)
Kay

Odgovor
3.6.11 6:01 kot odgovor na kbird.
Hi

I was able to get app crash a few times on my phnone, never on simulator. According to log, one object is not initialized on time. It means that the phone is too fast :-) .
Anyway, I'll fix this bug and maybe I'll to add some new feature to release new version.
Ra100

Odgovor
7.7.11 7:14 kot odgovor na Ra100.
A new version (1.3.1) has been released today with a fix to the bug. You can download it freely. Please take into consideration that it may take 24 hours before you see it in App Store.

Regards,
Hagit

Odgovor
8.7.11 22:11 kot odgovor na hagitm.
My iPhone let me know that there was an update available, and of course, I wanted that update!

Looks like you've nailed the fix! My iPad2 was also experiencing the problem, so I'll let you know how it goes, but it's already
felt much more usable. It's amazing how such a little thing can affect user satisfaction...

I'll be looking for his one on the featured apps list now!

Kay

Odgovor
10.7.11 0:04 kot odgovor na kbird.
It's WORKING! I love it that the annoying little bug is GONE!
Both iPad and iPhone versions are behaving well!

Kay

Forum moderatorji: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.