« Nazaj na Authors Realm

How to submit a puzzle in multiple parts

Pogled na kombinacije Flat View Drevesni pogled.
Teme [ Prejšnja | Naslednja ]
toggle
I understand that if you want to submit a multigriddler and want a different background color for the different parts that you can submit the puzzle in pieces. What I am a little confused about is how you can be sure that all of the broken pieces still fit together nicely. I draw my griddlers on MS paint first. Would it work if I just divided the image in different parts, saved each part as a seperate doc and then uploaded each image in the workshop to submit or would the image end up looking like a picture that was torn up and then taped back together? I would really appreciate any advice anyone has on the subject.  

RE: How to submit a puzzle in multiple parts
Odgovor
18.9.12 5:51 kot odgovor na runswithcats.
Runswithcats, check out this thread where I had some of the same questions.  Photoscape is great for separating the pieces.  Then I do pixel editing on the individual pieces in workshop.  My problem is that after I do that, if I want to rejoin them and make sure there are no edge discrepancies, there is no good way to export my changes from workshop in GIF or PNG.  So I basically avoid editing the edges of each piece and submit, hoping that it works out.

http://www.griddlers.net/forum/-/message_boards/message/5198198

Odgovor
18.9.12 7:18 kot odgovor na mudshark.
In the Workshop page, under the Different Backgrounds section, we explain how to submit a different-backgrounds multi correctly. By reading your words in this thread I pretty much sure that you understand the idea and will do okay.

However, the main problem in those multis is not the techniques, it is the lack of experience in:
(1) submitting the right size and
(2) having enough details in each section to make all the parts interesting enough to solve.

If it is a small multi (up to 9 parts, I say) and if the multi was not accepted, the worst that can happen is losing a couple of hours of work. But if it a large multi (it is usually so in different background multis) you may lose days of work.

My suggestion is to email the image (or a sketch of the image) to me: hagit@griddlers.net. I can approve/disapprove the quality of the image before you invest a lot of work, and also give you instructions and tips. The techniques, as I mentioned above, are quite easy. Moreover, if you don't feel confident enough in submitting all the parts of the multi, you can submit only a few parts and send me a message (message to hagitm). I'll look into those parts thoroughly and give you the GO sign.

Regards,
Hagit

Odgovor
20.9.12 8:45 kot odgovor na hagitm.
Hagit, when I import a GIF image and change it in workshop, how can I save it as a GIF or PNG file so I can merge it again with the other multi pieces to make sure it still looks good?

Odgovor
20.9.12 8:57 kot odgovor na mudshark.
mudshark:
Hagit, when I import a GIF image and change it in workshop, how can I save it as a GIF or PNG file so I can merge it again with the other multi pieces to make sure it still looks good?

There is no such option. It works the other way around: you create the image on your computer and save it in any format you like (gif, png, etc). You cut your image to parts, and submit the parts separately.

If you haven't made major changes in the workshop - the multi will look the same. If you have made major changes you can ask to get a bundled image from me.

Hagit

Forum moderatorji: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.