Author's Copyright

Kombinationsvy Plan vy Träd-vy
Trådar [ Föregående | Nästa ]
toggle
Re: Author's Copyright
Svar
2003-01-24 01:53 som svar till Sam.
You regained your copyrights.
The titles and the author name were changed.

>References Vanishing Point was #873 (26 Dec 2001) on the old site; "country" is #747 on this one. My "infinity II" (7 Apr 2002) was #917 on the old site with its rip-off "infinite" at #1912 on this site.
>
>After discovering the first instance on plagarism I was shocked and depressed. I formulated several responses -- to woa, to rehak, and to this site's previous forum -- but never sent any of them. But my enthusiasm for woa's puzzles, or, should I say, the ones with his byline on them, had certainly cooled. By the time I found the second instance I wasn't even surprised.
>
>Anyone else out there have a similar experience to relate?

Author's Copyright
Svar
2003-01-24 03:03
I should not have even visited this site today, as I have other things I ought to be doing with my time just now, but of course I was, as usual, drawn here anyway just as soon as I logged on. When I saw this discussion I knew I had to speak up

I personally have had at least two (that I know of) of my own puzzles, ones which I had contributed to the old version of this very site under the name of "mr. nobody" and which had received very good popularity ratings, plagerized by WOA, reproduced on this site under his name. Sure, he made very minor changes. In the first instance, he shifted the colors just slightly, and also changed a tiny number of individual squares in one area of the puzzle; as those particular squares were among those squares representing flowers in a field, they appeared in a fairly random arrangement anyway. This was my puzzle "Vanishing Point" though he called his rip-off "country." In the second instance, one of my versions of the Tibetan infinity knot design was used, its design fundamentally the same but without the background color I had used, and even the name nearly identical.

References Vanishing Point was #873 (26 Dec 2001) on the old site; "country" is #747 on this one. My "infinity II" (7 Apr 2002) was #917 on the old site with its rip-off "infinite" at #1912 on this site.

After discovering the first instance on plagarism I was shocked and depressed. I formulated several responses -- to woa, to rehak, and to this site's previous forum -- but never sent any of them. But my enthusiasm for woa's puzzles, or, should I say, the ones with his byline on them, had certainly cooled. By the time I found the second instance I wasn't even surprised.

Anyone else out there have a similar experience to relate?

Re: Author's Copyright
Svar
2003-01-24 03:03 som svar till Sam.
Wow. Thank you kindly for this unexpected gesture.

>You regained your copyrights.
>The titles and the author name were changed.
>
>
>>References Vanishing Point was #873 (26 Dec 2001) on the old site; "country" is #747 on this one. My "infinity II" (7 Apr 2002) was #917 on the old site with its rip-off "infinite" at #1912 on this site.

Forummoderatorer: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.