Toggle
Kids as authors
Odpověď
10.4.05 21:13
After just reading a negative comment about an easy puzzle (#20635), I was prompted to write my own:

"I've often wondered if the author of some of these simple puzzles is a kid. If so, I hope he (she) doesn't get discouraged by some of the comments. I, for one, would like to encourage them."

Two of my grandchildren are members, and I hope that they will try authoring some puzzles of their own, as well as solving them. I think that Kiddlers are a great tool for learning logic at an early age, and want to do anything I can to promote them.

Is there maybe an easy way to let us know that the author is a kid? It might make the commentor think twice about a negative comment.
0 (0 Hlasů)

Re: Kids as authors
Odpověď
15.4.05 18:35 jako reakce na Professor.
My son is also a member. My solution to possible extreme comments is to post a comment on his puzzle FIRST letting people know that it was created by a child. Hope this helps.
0 (0 Hlasů)

Odpověď
15.4.05 21:12 jako reakce na Professor.
Another thought is to add an icon after the author's name. Maybe even the same "K" icon as for the puzzles. Some people don't like to read the comments before solving or before writing their own comments. Maybe this would help avoid those problems.
0 (0 Hlasů)

Odpověď
15.4.05 22:21 jako reakce na Professor.
I like the idea of a simple 'K' after a child authors name .. but I do worry about 'identifying' who children are on the Internet ... I'm sure there is no problem at all within the Griddlers membership .. but what about folk who just happen to be 'passing through' ??

And .. isn't it dreadful that we live in societies where you have to think and say these things ... :?
0 (0 Hlasů)

Moderátoři fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.