Suggestions and Developments

Additional search criteria

Toggle
Additional search criteria
Odpověď
21.4.05 16:03
Would it be possible to add the following criteria for searching and listing Griddlers?

1. Creation date: So I can limit the list of griddlers to those that were created in the past week. Currently, you can sort by date, so the recent ones will float to the top. It would be still be nice to limit the puzzle list instead.

2. Theme: It would be great to get a list of all puzzles in a certain theme, and then apply a sort to those puzzles. If I were interested in solving some art, I could select "Famous Artists and Sculptors", and then sort them by difficulty. Currently there is no way to do this.

3. Number of solvers: This information is provided in the individual puzzle, but it is not available in the puzzle listing. Even if it is not a search critieria, it would be nice to see which puzzles are solved most often, and which puzzles could use some company.

4. Difficulty by size: Basically, the difficuly rating divided by the size of the puzzle (a 5x5 puzzle with difficulty of 100 would receive a 4). Maybe not so useful, but definitely interesting...

Also, is there any plan of possibly showing a graph on puzzles to show what the solving times are? It would neat to see if they follow a bell curve, and also would be nice to see where my time fits in the grand scheme of things. I can currently use the minimum and average times to estimate it, but the idea is thought-provoking nonetheless.

Thanks for listening to my rants. I now return you back to your regularly scheduled griddling...
0 (0 Hlasů)

Re: Additional search criteria
Odpověď
21.4.05 16:59 jako reakce na Jason Gouldie.
"JGouldie":
2. Theme: It would be great to get a list of all puzzles in a certain theme, and then apply a sort to those puzzles. If I were interested in solving some art, I could select "Famous Artists and Sculptors", and then sort them by difficulty. Currently there is no way to do this.

You can select the group via 'themes' and then save that selection to a slot.

Ildjarn
0 (0 Hlasů)

Odpověď
22.4.05 18:11 jako reakce na Jason Gouldie.
"ildjarn":

You can select the group via 'themes' and then save that selection to a slot.

Ildjarn

You can only select a group if the group has no subgroups. In the example I gave, you can select "Botticelli", "Cassatt", "Chagall", ..., or "Whistler". You cannot select "Famous Artists and Sculptors" and get all of these in one list.

I cannot view a list of all puzzles in the "Arts" theme, but only those that are in a specific group inside the theme.
0 (0 Hlasů)

Odpověď
22.4.05 21:44 jako reakce na Jason Gouldie.
I agree with JGouldie about this. One of the reasons I don't use the 'themes' (and I think it's a great idea) is that I can't search for eg. over 1000 difficulty within a category. It's just too laborious to find the sort of puzzle that I feel like doing. I'd love to see the 'themes' added (maybe as tick boxes??) on the search page. Thanks to the new, cleaner page set up perhaps there'd be room for it.

Mitzi
0 (0 Hlasů)

Moderátoři fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.