Java Problems

Java applet not working

Tråde [ Tidligere | Næste ]
Toggle
Java applet not working
Answer
10-11-19 05:34
I just installed Java, to make it easier (I hoped) to solve triddlers.Unfortunately it still shows the button that says: java applet not working, try Lite version.
I tried in Chrome, Opera and Edge. For the first two I checked, Java is allowed to run. I even tried to allow pop ups, No difference. Cleared cookies, still the same. rebooted
I have no idea why it doesn't work, so if anybody does have an idea?I used the link on the site to install Java. So I assume that is the right version.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Stemmer)

RE: Java applet not working
Answer
10-11-19 07:10 som svar til Ada Pigeon.
Hi
there are many chages in Java these years. First of all it is not supported in web browsers. We keep it on site those rare user with old browser and old Java.
There is a Java webstart alternative http://www.igridd.com/igridd.jnlp which runs on Java 8 . This will work untill end of 2020. 
And then there is a new desktop application https://www.griddlers.net/download which contains Java14 inside. There is eported one prroblem with this version on Windows 7. It is old Windows version which support ends on January 2020. So if you have W7 go for webstart, for Windows 10 download the new version.

Best regards,
Rasto
0 (0 Stemmer)

Answer
10-11-19 19:18 som svar til Ra100.
Thank you very much for this quick reply. 
0 (0 Stemmer)

Answer
17-11-19 22:06 som svar til Ra100.
I believe Webstart is only for paying members? Costs too much for me, sorry. But until a few weeks ago I could use the Java applet in Internet Explorer at the library, which is the only browser I have access to that still runs Java. Then it stopped working, and I asked them why, but they haven't got back to me. It occurs to me that it might be that your certificate is out of date, because when it was still working I got error messages saying the certificate was bad and it would stop working at the next update. Is that something you can fix?

The thing I miss most, using the Lite version, is being able to see my total time and the total mid time on multigriddlers, and being able to zoom in and out on the completed picture. Is there any chance those, or at least the total times, could be added to the Lite version? Thanks for keeping the site running anyway! I think it's the oldest games site I still use (definitely the one I've been on longest), and I used to work in IT so I know about wrestling with heritage code.
0 (0 Stemmer)

Forum Moderatorer: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.