Suggestions and Developments

Yellow guide lines on the grid

Toggle
Yellow guide lines on the grid
Answer
7/23/03 4:07 PM
Just curious....is there any plans for the future on having the yellow guide lines on the puzzle go clear through the puzzles? It would sure help some of us oldies for reference within the puzzle....hehe. Just thought I'd ask.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Yellow guide lines on the grid
Answer
7/24/03 6:57 AM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.
>Just curious....is there any plans for the future on having the yellow guide lines on the puzzle go clear through the puzzles? It would sure help some of us oldies for reference within the puzzle....hehe. Just thought I'd ask.

There was - and - I don't whow why - people didn't like it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/26/03 8:51 PM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.
>Just curious....is there any plans for the future on having the yellow guide lines on the puzzle go clear through the puzzles? It would sure help some of us oldies for reference within the puzzle....hehe. Just thought I'd ask.

janndvorakk....you mean in the past there were yellow guide lines through the regular griddlers? Aw...I missed it!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/03 6:10 AM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.
>janndvorakk....you mean in the past there were yellow guide lines through the regular griddlers?

Yes, I do.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/03 1:18 PM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.
The yellow lines through the entire griddler grid was tried for about 3 days before - by request of users - it was removed.

I was one of the people who didn't like it. I know it sounds like a good idea (sounded like a valid idea to me too) but what one really got was a jumpy, disorientating almost disco-like effect.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/28/03 5:07 PM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.

Thanks for all the input on this subject! Now I understand why the yellow guide lines aren't used.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/7/03 4:07 PM as a reply to Suzanne Decker.
>I was one of the people who didn't like it. I know it sounds like a good idea (sounded like a valid idea to me too) but what one really got was a jumpy, disorientating almost disco-like effect.

Indeed. I didn't like it either. It gave me a headache. The lines would disappear and reappear very, very fast as you moved your cursor around on the puzzle.

I think the concept could be improved, perhaps by making the lines optional, or by highlighting the entire row (maybe light gray, instead of yellow) instead of just the outline of the row. I'm not asking to put something else on Ra100's plate; the site is absolutely fantastic as it is. Thanks, Ra!
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.