Login Suggestion
Answer
12/16/03 2:19 PM
is it possible to make a permanent login? (cookie based) which would save your info, so you wouldnt have to login manualy every time you visited the page?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Login Suggestion
Answer
12/16/03 2:19 PM as a reply to igor.
my opinion on the permanent login

Having a session timeout is a matter of security. It can be considered a bit of a pain, but really 3 hours is a nice, long session, and the 3 hour timer for your session gets reset every time you take an action on the page, so technically (barring browser problems, etc., like you're having), you could be logged in consistently.

I'm in total favor of having session limits. You never know if your kid/ex-girlfriend/husband/babysitter or whoever is going to get mad at you and decide to mess stuff up on your computer. Or if a hacker is going to get in and play with all the stuff on your computer. Sure, chances are small anything on Griddlers is going to get truly messed up, but interactive sites like this should maintain a standard of security across the board, and I'm glad that Griddlers does its best to meet that standard.

On the less paranoid side ;-), a lot of server setups have session limits simply to ease the load on the server side. I don't think Griddlers has this problem, but some sites have periodic communication between the server and the user's computer even if the user isn't active on the site, and this eats up bandwidth as well as processing power on the server. So, in some cases it eases the strain on the server (and the connection) if an inactive user is automatically logged out.

--aos.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/05 11:34 AM as a reply to igor.
Permanent login would be nice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/16/05 12:27 PM as a reply to igor.
"Igor":
is it possible to make a permanent login? (cookie based) which would save your info, so you wouldnt have to login manualy every time you visited the page?

It's probably done to decrease load on the server, otherwise it'd have to maintain thousands of sessions.
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.