Suggestions and Developments

Use the mouse to scroll Colours

Toggle
Use the mouse to scroll Colours
Answer
1/25/04 4:58 PM
I know it is already possible to press the number of the colour you want on the keyboard, but what about being able to use the mouse dial button to scroll through them? I'm engrossed in the Three Stooges at the moment and this would be better than either going back and forth with the mouse to change colour, or from mouse to keyboard. Call me lazy, but with an 8-colour puzzle in 8 parts, it's hard work!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Use the mouse to scroll Colours
Answer
1/26/04 3:57 PM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>I know it is already possible to press the number of the colour you want on the keyboard, but what about being able to use the mouse dial button to scroll through them? I'm engrossed in the Three Stooges at the moment and this would be better than either going back and forth with the mouse to change colour, or from mouse to keyboard. Call me lazy, but with an 8-colour puzzle in 8 parts, it's hard work!

you mean the scrolling wheel? good idea.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/04 5:18 PM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
I don't know enough about programming to know if it's possible, but it sure sounds good to me!

Chef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/04 6:07 PM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>I don't know enough about programming to know if it's possible, but it sure sounds good to me!
>
>Chef

I just thought of a major problem. I know I use the scroll button to be able to navigate and keep my place in large puzzles. This could be problematic if the scroll button was used for color changes.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/04 4:24 AM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>>I don't know enough about programming to know if it's possible, but it sure sounds good to me!
>>
>>Chef
>
>I just thought of a major problem. I know I use the scroll button to be able to navigate and keep my place in large puzzles. This could be problematic if the scroll button was used for color changes.

I know it would be too many chages, but this could be solved by using the arrow keys.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/04 10:41 AM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>>>I don't know enough about programming to know if it's possible, but it sure sounds good to me!
>>>
>>>Chef
>>
>>I just thought of a major problem. I know I use the scroll button to be able to navigate and keep my place in large puzzles. This could be problematic if the scroll button was used for color changes.

>I know it would be too many changes, but this could be solved by using the arrow keys.

A few notes
1) If the scroll button is set for scrolling colors, the option to scroll the grid is lost. I have a hunch people would rather have the option to scroll the grid and not the numbers.
2) Any addition to the solving applet makes it heavier, hence slower to "read". We need to take into consideration if this or that addition is worth the length of time to download the applet.

Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/04 11:22 AM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
Ok, I have to admit that the number of large puzzles requiring scrolling probably outweigh the number of 8-colour puzzles where colour scrolling would be more beneficial. Thanks for the consideration though and the quick replies.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/04 12:09 PM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>Ok, I have to admit that the number of large puzzles requiring scrolling probably outweigh the number of 8-colour puzzles where colour scrolling would be more beneficial. Thanks for the consideration though and the quick replies.

Don't hesitate to come up with new suggestions. The best - we'll do them. The worst - we won't.

-)
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/04 4:58 PM as a reply to Simon Thompson.
>Ok, I have to admit that the number of large puzzles requiring scrolling probably outweigh the number of 8-colour puzzles where colour scrolling would be more beneficial. Thanks for the consideration though and the quick replies.

Ditto for me, Team! You're the best! (I'd also rather have the ability to scroll than the colors!)
Chef
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.