Toggle
Grey-out numbers
Answer
3/15/04 2:52 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to have the opportunity to grey-out the numbers on the side and top sections on the puzzles (where the numbers are displayed), so that we can keep a track of what squares we have done (and sure that they are in correct places)? This would be especially useful for big puzzles that have many numbers on one column or row. It is sometimes too cumbersome to count the squares to see where you're at, especially if the puzzle have many single squares of varying colours (or half-coloured squares). Of course, we would need to be able to undo the greying just in case we've done something wrong .

I used to transfer puzzles from various newspapers in Turkey to Excel so I could bring them with me to Britain to solve at my own leisure and found it especially useful to grey out the squares that I have done, and could easily see what's left to do.

This is a fantastic site and I feel lucky to have found it, but I think my work life is beginning to suffer cause I'm so addicted (sigh and solve another puzzle). )

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Grey-out numbers
Answer
3/15/04 11:15 AM as a reply to Ozzy Dincarslan.
>Wouldn't it be nice to have the opportunity to grey-out the numbers on the side and top sections on the puzzles (where the numbers are displayed), so that we can keep a track of what squares we have done (and sure that they are in correct places)? This would be especially useful for big puzzles that have many numbers on one column or row. It is sometimes too cumbersome to count the squares to see where you're at, especially if the puzzle have many single squares of varying colours (or half-coloured squares). Of course, we would need to be able to undo the greying just in case we've done something wrong .
>
>I used to transfer puzzles from various newspapers in Turkey to Excel so I could bring them with me to Britain to solve at my own leisure and found it especially useful to grey out the squares that I have done, and could easily see what's left to do.
>
>This is a fantastic site and I feel lucky to have found it, but I think my work life is beginning to suffer cause I'm so addicted (sigh and solve another puzzle). )
>
>Cheers

shift+left click circles a clue
shift+right click erases the mark
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 11:47 AM as a reply to Ozzy Dincarslan.
Oh, I didn't know that. Big thanks, janndvorakk. )
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 12:52 PM as a reply to Ozzy Dincarslan.
>Oh, I didn't know that. Big thanks, janndvorakk. )

Take a look at "Extra Tools". There are many features you might missed.

Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.