Suggestions and Developments

Puzzles aren't loading properly

Toggle
Puzzles aren't loading properly
Answer
2/7/16 10:08 PM
When I go to solve a puzzle, I am not seeing the full features:  full buttons, gridline marker thingie.  I tried restarting my laptop, reloading the applet, loading Java.  I don't know what else to try.  Any suggestions?  My husband said Chrome just pushed an update, but it is doing the same thing on Edge.  TIA
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Puzzles aren't loading properly
Answer
2/7/16 10:24 PM as a reply to chris.
I'm having the same trouble. Can only see the clues and a tiny portion of the top left corner of the grid. If I scroll down or to the right the clues disappear totally. There are no control buttons to alter colours or resize the grid.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/16 12:28 AM as a reply to p_allen921 ..
For me the gridline markers are gone, and there are also no control buttons to alter the colors.  The background grey color has changed to where it is too close to white to where I can't tell a difference between the two.  
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
2/8/16 7:28 AM as a reply to Jennifer Kelley.
Hi, the markers configurable in menu. Look for work Guides.
Rasto.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/16 4:25 AM as a reply to Ra100.
here's a screen shot.  I could find where to add the guidelines, but it does not display the clues across the top right and bottom left.  colors are off. full sized buttons are not there, only symbols.  etc...... puzzle 171025 Yoda
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/16 7:44 AM as a reply to chris.
Hi,  clues across the top right and bottom left are in menu Special -> MCR on .
The symbols are actually minified buttons so there is more room for puzzle itself.
Rasto
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 8:03 AM as a reply to chris.
this is what every griddler puzzles looks like for me , and this is after I click pause and zoom .Anyone else get this ?

Attachments:

Attachment

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 1:21 PM as a reply to Ellen Nall.
Actually this is how it should look when you click pause. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 5:12 PM as a reply to Griddlers Team.
But this is what it looks like when I pause it again . I cannot get the colors to work .I cannot even see them except on the puzzle clues .I tryed clicking those but I still have no colors ? I looked for answers all over the site but I cannot figure it out on my own .Could you please help me ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 5:35 PM as a reply to Ellen Nall.
Hi,
What is your browser version? Could you please go to Javascript console (google for it, depending on your browser). There should be some error messages.
Rasto

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 5:36 PM as a reply to Ra100.
oh, also this particular puzzle is interesting, what is its ID?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 8:02 PM as a reply to Ra100.
thank you for your help and getting back to me very quickly . I have been to java and deleted all versions old and new , then reinstalled new .But I will try that again .I am on my PC it is the vista version of windows , and I use the the internet explorer version browser . Also the puzzle name that I snipped is call Windows 98 Logo # 171718 . Thank you again for trying to help me through this change
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/16 8:15 PM as a reply to Ellen Nall.
Well, the screenshot you posted is not Java Griddlers Solver, it is Javascript version. And it won't run on IE 9 and older. 
So you can try to switch to Java Griddlers Solver - on puzzle detail page there is a button Show Java Applet. 
If it won't help you can try to install some other browser - Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Best Regards,
Rasto.
+1 (1 Vote)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.